It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two possibly with ebola in Kentucky - Quarantine in place

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Hope this is the right forum, breaking news seemed more apropriate but could not post there.

www.lex18.com...

"wo patients in Kentucky with Ebola-like symptoms have been quarantined for examination.

After the first case of Ebola was diagnosed in the US, doctors say they don't want to take any risks even though the two patients in Kentucky tested negative for the infection."

It says they tested negative, but didn't the guy in Texas also initially test negative? This also makes me worry that people will panic and flood emergency rooms thinking that they have ebola every time they get a stuffy nose. Of course the opposite could be people NOT going to the hospital when they need to.
edit on 2-10-2014 by Anonex because: Added some thoughts.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Anonex

It says they tested negative, but didn't the guy in Texas also initially test negative?

I don't believe so,as I understand it he was simply checked for a fever, when the symptoms start you are contagious so no fever can show non contagious.

it is simply flu like so many people will be showing the symptoms. Approximately 5-20% of U.S. residents get the flu each year. Look how many die from just flu!

2006-2007 flu season, flu-associated deaths ranged from a low of about 3,000 to a high of about 49,000 people.

www.cdc.gov...

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure the guy in Texas wasn't actually tested until he was sent home from the ER, spent several days infecting his immediate environment and those around him with a deadly virus, and was then brought back to the hospital - violently vomiting hot liquid ebola - in an ambulance.

Apparently the half-asleep nimrods in the emergency room weren't able to make the connection between the guy's ebola-like symptoms and the ebola-stricken country he told them he had just flown in from.

"What's that? You just came from Liberia? Isn't that where all that ebola is happening? Man, you were lucky to get out of that place. Anyway, here's some penicillin. You should be fine in a day or two. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go ogle the breastfeeding mothers in the maternity ward. Take care, buddy."

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee
a reply to: Anonex

It says they tested negative, but didn't the guy in Texas also initially test negative?

I don't believe so,as I understand it he was simply checked for a fever, when the symptoms start you are contagious so no fever can show non contagious.

it is simply flu like so many people will be showing the symptoms. Approximately 5-20% of U.S. residents get the flu each year. Look how many die from just flu!

2006-2007 flu season, flu-associated deaths ranged from a low of about 3,000 to a high of about 49,000 people.

www.cdc.gov...

Ahh okay, thanks for the clarification. I have a lot of family and friends that work in various hospitals, and being in Kentucky, this one hit especially close to home. People around here are paranoid, and I worry that everyone who catches a cold this winter will check in to the emergency room thinking they have ebola. Could make an already bad situation worse, especially of the ebola actually does spread, even a little. The panic will be worse than the actually disease, imo.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Posted earlier here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

top topics

join