It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

United States --VS-- Europe

page: 1
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I am going to float this Idea around.

We have been seeing quite abit of information about terrorist threats of attack on the United States. Lately there has been info poping up more and more about potential attacks in Europe.

I think a very possible agenda is to get the two powers against each other and create a rift. With a major terrorist attack in Europe the possibility of Europeans and European leaders blaming the United States is great. If this would potentially work, it would be a great victory for the terrorists.

I would like to make a Recomendation for a Film that relates to this idea.

The film is called "Sum of all Fears"
"Sum of all fears" the movie.



European neo-Nazi terrorists acquire a nuclear device and plan to use it at the Super Bowl, blaming the attack on Russia in the hopes of rekindling the Cold War



If you havn't seen this movie I think you should because this tactic described in this film is very interesting. We have seen what has happened in Spain with the Madrid Bombing and how effective they can be at times.

I think the attempt to destroy alliances is very plausible and could be a terrorist trump card and actually be their only chance of securing a victory however small it may be.

What do you think? Please comment

-Reason




posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   
The problem is two fold.

First, if there is a major attack in Europe, it will only effect that single country - not all of Europe.

Secondly, there is also the possability that the European nation would see that it is not the US, and is infact the terrorists, and thus JOIN America in it's fight instead of turning against America.

Honestly, I think the worst thing terrorists can do right now is to attack European countries who are basically siding with them. All it will do is give the US more clout.



posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   


Honestly, I think the worst thing terrorists can do right now is to attack European countries who are basically siding with them.


WTF? Who is siding with terrorists Madman...

Let me guess what your reply will be...

France??




posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 12:40 AM
link   
No - by siding with them I mean not being proactive. Yes, you could puut France in there, as well as a lot of other nations.



posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Interesting enough I finished watching that movie earlier....


Has some interesting scenarios indeed.



posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
No - by siding with them I mean not being proactive. Yes, you could puut France in there, as well as a lot of other nations.


How are France or 'other nations' being proactive of terrorism ? On what grounds do you make this allegation ? And who told you that ?



posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by REASON


We have seen what has happened in Spain with the Madrid Bombing and how effective they can be at times.




Who is they and what are they effective at? What are you getting at, because I completly do not understand how it relates to what you stated.



posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 03:02 AM
link   


The film is called "Sum of all Fears"

You should read the book.. It is much better. With Arabian Terrorists (I wonder why he changed them to Nazis)



No - by siding with them I mean not being proactive. Yes, you could puut France in there, as well as a lot of other nations.

Just because we didnt want to invade some desert mudhole does not make us terrorist supporters..

Oh no they have an opinion! They support terrorist...
come on..

EU Member sent troops to Afghanistan
www.afnorth.nato.int...

German and EU(some) actions against terrorism.
www.bpb.de...

We have been fighting Terrorists when most Americans have never heard of the word or have been actively supporting some Terrorists (Northern Ireland conflict).



posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I think you missed my point - it has nothing to do with Iraq - it has to do with your imigration laws (or lack there of) and how easy it is to move around in Europe because of the EU.

I think you guys should take a step back and look at how you were putting words in my mouth. My comments have ZERO to do with Iraq.



posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Interesting concept with regards to Europe and the US. However the UK is part of Europe and to be honest, I believe that the majority of folk in the UK would prefere to maintain a relationship with the US rather than Europe.

Lets hope that this project is in the pipeline. This would then allow the UK to pull out of the European Union and rekindle our relationship with the Common wealth and to strengthen then one we already have with the US.

Ask yourself this question - If the crap hit the fan big style who would you rather fight alongside:

1/ A Spanish soldier?.

2/ A Dutch sailor?.

3/ A US Marine?.

Answers on a post card.



posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 05:21 AM
link   
In that case I would like to fight along with the Swedish, they make some cool weapons (Bofors guided systems, Carl Gustav etc.) and very well trained infantery plus I like they haven't start many wars themselves.

I wouldn't want to fight in our Dutch army, wich has many experience in negotiating and buying off the local tribesmen, iow we arew very good at avoiding fighting, but I really doubt our fighting moral / power despite our expensive equipment. The airforce is different, they can operate from save distance plus they have them modern american toys, but generally thinks that putting yourselve in the line of fire is for dumbasses unless you get paid very welll.....


[edit on 8-12-2004 by Countermeasures]

[edit on 8-12-2004 by Countermeasures]



posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
No - by siding with them I mean not being proactive. Yes, you could puut France in there, as well as a lot of other nations.

Dude?
Umm you do remember the IRA and such? We have been fighting terrorists for longer than you have been a state.
Terrorists are not just in the middle east, take the KKK a radical anti- practically anything that wasnt catholic.



posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
I think you missed my point - it has nothing to do with Iraq - it has to do with your imigration laws (or lack there of) and how easy it is to move around in Europe because of the EU.

Lack of imigration laws????
Moveing around here is easy, moveing around with a weapon near impossible if stopped.
I mean come on on the irish border along they get stopped every 10 cars.
Hell the dock's i go to cadets have a policy of searching a car every 10 cars



posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by BillyTheCat
Interesting concept with regards to Europe and the US. However the UK is part of Europe and to be honest, I believe that the majority of folk in the UK would prefere to maintain a relationship with the US rather than Europe.

Most people here think you guys can't shoot straight, are all inbred, all have shotguns, steal aircraft for us and bascially cant be trusted.
Just passing the whole view i see in central scotland and most of scotland.


Lets hope that this project is in the pipeline. This would then allow the UK to pull out of the European Union and rekindle our relationship with the Common wealth and to strengthen then one we already have with the US.

Dude the RN just did a common wealth naval exercise, so our relationship with them is quite good.
Joining the EU has its bad and good points. Why must we be the only allies to a country that accuses our neighbors of helping terrorists yet does it itself?


Ask yourself this question - If the crap hit the fan big style who would you rather fight alongside:

1/ A Spanish soldier?.

2/ A Dutch sailor?.

3/ A US Marine?.

Answers on a post card.

I think i would be with a spanish guy cause those guys are good.

[edit on 8-12-2004 by devilwasp]



posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 06:39 AM
link   


it has nothing to do with Iraq

Good. I assumed the wrong thing because you said the F word



how easy it is to move around in Europe because of the EU.

That is one of the reasons why we have the EU in the first place.
If you think you can smuggle yourself or other tings however, try to buy some weed in the netherlands and drive across the german border.


Ask yourself this question - If the crap hit the fan big style who would you rather fight alongside:

The dutch guy of course



posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by REASON
I am going to float this Idea around.

We have been seeing quite abit of information about terrorist threats of attack on the United States. Lately there has been info poping up more and more about potential attacks in Europe.

I think a very possible agenda is to get the two powers against each other and create a rift. With a major terrorist attack in Europe the possibility of Europeans and European leaders blaming the United States is great. If this would potentially work, it would be a great victory for the terrorists.

I would like to make a Recomendation for a Film that relates to this idea.

The film is called "Sum of all Fears"
"Sum of all fears" the movie.



European neo-Nazi terrorists acquire a nuclear device and plan to use it at the Super Bowl, blaming the attack on Russia in the hopes of rekindling the Cold War



If you havn't seen this movie I think you should because this tactic described in this film is very interesting. We have seen what has happened in Spain with the Madrid Bombing and how effective they can be at times.

I think the attempt to destroy alliances is very plausible and could be a terrorist trump card and actually be their only chance of securing a victory however small it may be.

What do you think? Please comment

-Reason


Europeans will only blame the terrorists ofcourse, if there is not evidence that proves its not.
But the Americans will be behind it!

They even staged 9-11 themselves to change the US in a miltairy dictatorship, you are fooled by your government that al-quada is a threat.
The al qaeda are almost non-existent and are not effective enough to pull something of on their own.

ignorant is bliss aint it



posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I saw an interview recently with Tom Clancey, the author of "The Sum of All Fears". In one of his previous books, some years ago, he had the scenario of using planes as weapons. His notions on possible terroist actions have earned him more than passing interest in his ideas on the subject.



posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I think any attack in Europe would bring us more together. An attack on Europe may change the thoughts about the US to sypathy due to new understanding rather than the current contempt.



posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Devil Wasp......firstly......don't call me "Dude" I still have contacts at CTCRM and the odd couple of hundred flutter kicks, followed by 30mins of burpees tends to offend! LOL

Yeah I hear what you are saying, but when you get your Green Lid it will be the yanks that you will fight alongside (Iran, N Korea etc?????) with our European friends taking the moral high ground and saving money and the lives of their fellow countrymen.

Look at every major conflict in the last 50 years or so and tell me who the real major players were who were involved.

PS - Remember......its only pain!



posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 09:04 AM
link   


In one of his previous books, some years ago, he had the scenario of using planes as weapons

Executive Orders iirc.
Funny thing: I read it during 911 and when i turned on the TV.. now THAT was a Whisky Tango Foxtrott Situation



new topics

top topics



 
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join