It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The devil you know...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Ever since I started turning pages in the Apocalypse and the Torah and tried to figure out the prophets, I've been unable to dismiss the fact that Moses and his commandments seem to perfectly fulfil the Apocalypse prophecy of the Old Dragon and his Great Beast coming up from the sea or the abyss or the bottomless pit. And there's a certain prophet who seems to fit nicely with the False Prophet.

Moses or Moshe supposedly means "taken up from the water", and on behalf of his god who calls himself "I Am" he raised ten horns against Egypt, known as 'the ten plagues', and ordered that unless Israel smeared a lamb's blood on their doorposts they would be killed, and to top it, he later raised ten horns up against his own people and against anyone of breath and blood, with the ten commandments. Also courtesy of his bloodthirsty god.

The second beast comes up from 'the Land', has two horns and speaks like a dragon. Now that makes me think about a certain OT prophet by the name of Micah, who said the following:

When the Assyrian comes into our land and treads in our palaces, then we will raise against him seven shepherds and eight princes of men [ESV] Micah 5:5

Now, Micah or Mika מיכה is made from two words, מי 'Mi' which is a pronoun and means "Who" and כה 'Kah' which is an adverb meaning "Here" or "There", giving a definition for the name as "Who's there?" or "Who's alike?" as in another similar name Michayah (compare with Michael) which both means "Who is like Yah?". However Michayah is written מיכיה or 'Mi' + 'Kiy' + 'Yah'. 'Kiy' is a conjunction and means "that, for, when". Micah is normally understood as an abbreviation of mentioned Michayah, like John compared to Johannes, Paul instead of Paulus or similar.

Micah was a prophet from 'the Land' which alludes to the land of Israel. And he boasts that the promised Messiah will bring peace and raise against Assyria 'seven shepherds' and 'eight princes'. Now that puts quite a yoke on our lord Jesus, basically baptising him in the fire and terror of war before he is even born.

Now I won't say straight out that the god of Moses was Satan and that Moses himself is the Beast while the minor prophet Micah is the False Prophet, you have to do the thinking yourselves. Besides I see these proportions and systems all over the world. In my own nation, in USA, GB, Germany, Italy, even Muslim nations and far Asian ones. Looks like the Beast and the Dragon are but tools for our governments. Some kind of necessary evil. Police and armies basically. But I am pretty sure John the Scribe was aware of this peculiar similarity between his beasts and dragons and Moses, Micah and Yahveh. Still not sure though.

What do you guys think?

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Utnapisjtim

Yet another person waking up to the reality of the so called god of the OT...

Look around the forum... you'll find there are many

edit on 2-10-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I think these guys would totally agree with you...

I haven't heard much truth coming from their direction either BTW.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Now, the Torah is a weapon in the hands the unjust, but comfort in the hands of the just. It's like with a knife. A weapon in the hands of the villain and a tool for the carpenter. Just sayin' these books are rather capricious, thats all.

Anyway you put it, Jesus taught us to love our enemies. It's a test of wisdom after all.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid
I think these guys would totally agree with you...

I haven't heard much truth coming from their direction either BTW.

Now isn't that a poorly hid accusation? For a prophet you sure have the hiss and bite of a serpent
Ouch...

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Utnapisjtim
a reply to: Akragon

Now, the Torah is a weapon in the hands the unjust, but comfort in the hands of the just. It's like with a knife. A weapon in the hands of the villain and a tool for the carpenter. Just sayin' these books are rather capricious, thats all.

Anyway you put it, Jesus taught us to love our enemies. It's a test of wisdom after all.

Same goes for the bible.
Salvation comes from within, as long as we help the needed, forgive our enemies, and have a righteous and moral life we will be on the correct road. Is all about the message not the messenger.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Well the Roman government is the one who legalized the bible and decided what went into it. Are you saying the Roman government was different than todays governments? They murdered thousands of pagans who wouldn't convert to their newly established state religion.

Christianity was built from the ground up to support a theocrocy, as attested to by the pagan persecutions and defiling of pagan temples and christian churches being built on top of them.

Most government officials today claim that the bible is the Word of God and their religious influence is obvious. The bible and governments go hand in hand.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abednego
Same goes for the bible [...] Is all about the message not the messenger.

Indeed. Sure is. But Moses basically say that unless you follow his law, you will be stoned, nailed to a tree or similar. It's Jahveh who supposedly ordered this and Moses was his messenger. But as a sensible messenger, he did what he should have before he even stepped down from the mountain. He destroyed the law.

The ten commandments are good moral ideals to keep in mind and deed, but should we really kill those who break them?

Think for a minute and see if you can name one single person who has been able to walk through life without breaking one or all of the commandments.... You will soon admit, like all wise men and women understand, that we are all sinners, and like Paul said (I can't believe I am quoting him) the law can kindle evil in people and keep the sins alive in mind and deed. None of us deserves God's grace. I don't expect grace or forgiveness for the wrong things I have done. I can only hope that the gods may instead look at the rather good things I have done in life, and that they'll play the game fair and square and that they weigh the scales up straight.
edit on 2-10-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: added to the quoted text

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Now isn't that a poorly hid accusation? For a prophet you sure have the hiss and bite of a serpent
Ouch...

Yeah that was a low blow...

But I believe it's true though.

If TPTB are agreeing with you, I think somethings seriously wrong with the picture.

They have demonstrated that they rarely speak the truth.

To me that is a massive red flag.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

well consider some of the facts.

What ever secrets were held were smudged around, I don't even know about the original torah because some of these scripts are really old. Old enough to fit nicely into the timeline.

We can't just focus on one culture if we want the bigger picture. We need to put together all the ideas from every society and find the linking origins to get a more truthful version of human origins.

We can read many things that fit together nicely like the Vadas, north and south americans had systems of religion in culture as well. And many of them tied together nicely over vast geographic distances.

The pheonix of greece is nearly in every corner of the planet in all creation myths.

Anyways i think some of you should check out these videos.

edit on 2-10-2014 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
A self assure feeling derived from a notion one believes is awesome and true.... creates a bottomless pit to fall into when contradiction pops up. The mind clicks... the eyes pop... and a feeling of free falling consumes the body.
You'll laugh at how sudden the reaction to it comes and laugh harder at the way one saves themselves from the fall. Quickly as quicker.
Then we are left wondering how far does that rabbit whole go. Seeing that victims rise out of it in mere seconds.
They catch themselves....

It's a funny thing to see.... the bottomless pit.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Take my advise, and don't fear and hate what you don't understand. And keep yourself from accusing people and their friends and fraternities. Not that they would Care over in the grove, for better or worse, but these are good advises I try to live by meself. Same goes with the ten commandments, they are moral lighthouses and truly good rules to live by, but if we lived by an eye for an eye we'd all be blind, our king would be one-eyed and we would all have failed.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Same goes for the bible [...] Is all about the message not the messenger.

Indeed. Sure is. But Moses basically say that unless you follow his law, you will be stoned, nailed to a tree or similar. It's Jahveh who supposedly ordered this and Moses was his messenger. But as a sensible messenger, he did what he should have before he even stepped down from the mountain. He destroyed the law.

The ten commandments are good moral ideals to keep in mind and deed, but should we really kill those who break them?

Think for a minute and see if you can name one single person who has been able to walk through life without breaking one or all of the commandments.... You will soon admit, like all wise men and women understand, that we are all sinners, and like Paul said (I can't believe I am quoting him) the law can kindle evil in people and keep the sins alive in mind and deed. None of us deserves God's grace. I don't expect grace or forgiveness for the wrong things I have done. I can only hope that the gods may instead look at the rather good things I have done in life, and that they'll play the game fair and square and that they weigh the scales up straight.

I understand your statement. But... What if the god in the OT is different from the god in the NT?
You are right we are all sinners. But salvation strive on recognizing that condition and do something to correct that condition.

PD: You cited Paul. You are already condemned.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Most government officials today claim that the bible is the Word of God and their religious influence is obvious. The bible and governments go hand in hand.

You were referring to government officials...

I was not.

"Governments do not govern, but merely control the machinery of government, being themselves controlled by the hidden hand." ~ Benjamin Disraeli

“Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to befoul the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.”— Theodore Roosevelt, 26th President of the United States

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

What if the god in the OT is different from the god in the NT?

Behind the English idiom "God" in OT is a bunch of gods. Abraham obviously tried to please both Moloch and El Shaddai and a few others. After all he was searching, and normally you break a few eggs to make an omelet. There are quite many different names for God in OT (and NT for that matter). The distinction between Elohim and JHVH is a good example, this is even reflected in our translations, where JHVH is rendered as LORD while Elohim is rendered God.

You are right we are all sinners. But salvation strive on recognizing that condition and do something to correct that condition.

Common sense is in our hearts, we correct ourselves if we are capable, but if we are unable to love someone for instance, we could condemn ourselves. But wouldn't that be a sin? To condemn something God has created and let live?

PD: You cited Paul. You are already condemned.

Hehe, nah, Paul is. It wouldn't be wise to condemn something while it still works quite well. Some might suspect insurance fraud. Paul's ramblings are many and most of it is but fangs and tail. I pity him....
edit on 2-10-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: rephrased

edit on 2-10-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: common sense

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Utnapisjtim

Fear, hate, and accusations are not the way I roll...

Seems rather ironic though, turning it around and doing the very thing you claim others are guilty of.

Check your mirror though , you might be surprised by what you see.

Slap all labels you want onto the truth...

It still remains the truth.

The man who tells the truth is universally disliked by every person because every person has an agenda and is hiding behind a fantasy which the truth penetrates like an arrow and leaves him stripped naked before the whole universe, and he does not like that." ~ Milton William Cooper

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I said I TRIED to live by my ideals. But accusing me for accusations that you accuse the Jolly Rogers is an accusation, help me here. Atleast I founded my concerns about Moses, his god and Micah his prophet on a somewhat founded foundational foundation. You then put me in the same class as some of the wealthiest and powerful men on the planet. I don't deserve that. I honestly don't. I'm flattered. But no.
edit on 2-10-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: no

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
No one gets out of here unless their memory has been scrubbed. You all have information that is not allowed to leave this place. Death is the way you get scrubbed.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Please explain yourself. What's with your bleeding drama? Did someone die?
edit on 2-10-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: pomp drama

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Greetings and Salutations, especially the Ones who are guided by their own Free Will. Who don't need a "Rule Book" to KNOW how to Live, or how to treat their fellow Human being, or don't have to "go to Church™" because they KNOW they ARE the Church™.. Your innate wisdom is WELCOME. KNOWing that You won't play the Whose God is "right", whose religion™ is 'top shelf' ergo, when the SHTF and it will due to the above proving, metaphorically typing, who has the biggest penis.. Nope, standing to pee is not enough.. Y'all will be fine because You are "right as rain" These numbskulls will eliminate their own Self when 'they' are attracted to the battle..

YES, the Bible/Torah/Koran/1976 Fiat™ Spyder Owner's Manual were written by The Quorum for modern times. Compare "them" to the current Lamestream media.. These "Holy Books" were the NewYorkTimes™; Washington Post™ etc. of their time.. I can also pick up a 1965 Minnesota paper and see that Zolio Versailles collected 3 hits on June 23..

You'll clearly see "them" they'll be drooling to seek/destroy other 'Yangs" I doubt they'll be driving BIG RED TRUCKS like the current male who has "short cox syndrome" Bless their heart.. When ALL is cleared away imagine taking your "date" to that same flea bag dump and when You go and hide Your wallet and wedding ring, no more "RULE BOOK" staring You in the face making You feel GUILTY! The Gideons™ will have to find another line of work if any are left..

Ciao Mr. Yang and Your 'short wang'

namaste

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join