It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Overwhelming fragrance of lilac, lavender and acetic acid in my neighborhood.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I think someone is starting a meth lab. lol. I really don't like artificial fragrances like this. It would be nice not to be surrounded by them. I think my favorite fragrance I've encountered so far is that amber stuff they put in some of the body wash products intended for women. Or that strong baby powder like smell that some old women smell like. Sometimes I catch myself just sniffing the breeze and realize I'd best quit before I make someone anxious. ;p

One of my half-sisters used to have this smell that I catch on people occasionally, some type of soap she used. After our mother died, I only saw her two other times, once when I was 13 and once when I was 19. She has two children now neither of which I've ever met. I guess that is the problem with having seven siblings to three different sets of parents, it is impossible to keep track of all of them, and being an outcast like me, I'm actually estranged from all of them. Kinda sad really when you think about it. Family is all some people have in this life. I have it in spades and it means almost nothing to me anymore except for a distant memory of a sadness I used to feel.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Nechash

Sounds like the smell of turning opium into morphine base to me.
Atleast you wont have to worry about an explowion or toxic fumes. Just alot of poor messed up people with no way out since being a drug addict is basically a crime and our wonderful leaders would rather build section 8 housing for beat down people to stay beat down in. Insteading of restoring drug addicts who alot of whom were high functioning individuals before the addiction.
edit on 2-10-2014 by reeferdonkey because: I know I have typos. mobile ats blows and wont let me correct.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: reeferdonkey

Maybe. I've smelled heroin cooking before and it is beautiful. I never used that drug, probably to my advantage because I'm sure I'd have had a difficult time breaking that addiction. Interesting, thanks for the suggestion.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Nechash

I'm not quite sure what this thread is about. I know the intent seems to be about one thing, but the balance of the content of the OP is about the loss of family.

Maybe the OP needs to try to make some tentative contacts with those he/she has any fondness for? It happens quite frequently in this internet world today. It doesn't necessarily end with hugs and kisses at the airport, but some good may come out of it. Maybe that dangling feeling of solitary loneliness will be abated somewhat.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Everyone I love I am in pretty regular communication with. Those that share my genetics are not people I need in my life. Thanks for the suggestion though. I know your sentiments apply to most people, but sometimes you just have to walk away from a bad situation.

top topics

join