It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Seven Aspect of Truth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I was looking up the seven churches of Revelation and I was thanking what they meant in more of a metaphor, and they sounded like how a part of a person correspond with the truth. I looked around and no one really had my point of view.

I am going to put what part of a person represents to each church and than I am going to put what aspect of truth they should follow.

Legs represents Ephesus.
Find when to lead or when to follow in the truth, but be careful not to get lost down the paths of life.

Ears represents Smyrna.
Listening to the your truth, so you do not get lost into falsehoods.

Mouth represents Pergamum.
Speaking the truth helps you find your true self within and it may be hard at times say the truth, but is necessary to prevent from telling untruths.

Eyes represents Thyatira.
Opening your eyes to the truth, gives you good judgment. Closing your eyes to the truth, leaves you open to being judgmental.

Heart represents Sardis.
Use your heart to revealed truth within yourself, once you find the truth, the truth can unlock many things you never dreamed about.

Strength represents Philadelphia.
Finding the Strength in the truth, helps you acknowledge the truth, and the truth will make you free.

Mind represents Laodicea.
Find the balance between Knowledge and Wisdom until the truth is alive within us, the truth can be little or big or loud or the silence between words.

What I learned though my study of the truth. That some people want to be told what truth is, but the only way to truth, is for you to seek it.

link
The Seven Churches of Revelation

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Truth lies within us. We as humans has to stop looking up the skies to search for God. For He is already inside us.
Some time ago I told a priest friend of mine, that we need to stop searching for God, that is a waste of time. Of course he reacted like a madman. Then I told him that God is already inside us (no need to search for something that is not lost), that we need to start listening to our interior.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Unless you are severely disabled, you have all these parts and can utilize yourself to remember your truth.

Ty for posting. I love it!

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: lord sword
What I learned though my study of the truth. That some people want to be told what truth is, but the only way to truth, is for you to seek it.

Exactly...

No better teacher than personal experience.

Truth is not a teaching, Truth is a person… “ ~ Jan Sjoerd Pasterkamp

This I believe is the reason why those who tell the truth are universally disliked.

Truth is not a thing for which we must search, but a Person to whom we must hearken! In the New Testament, multitudes came to Jesus for physical help, but only rarely did one seek Him out to learn the Truth. The whole picture in the gospels is one of a seeking Savior, not one of seeking men. The Truth was hunting for those who would receive it, and relatively few did, for "many are called, but few are chosen." A.W. Tozer

When Jesus said “You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free” he was not making any general statements about the power of truth to improve the quality of our lives in any generic sense.

In other words, Jesus is not suggesting that the phrase, “Yes, those pants DO make your butt look remarkably huge” has any power to set us free. Truthful statements are not what makes us free. If that’s what Jesus meant he would have said, “Speaking the truth sets you free” or “Hearing truthful facts will make you free.” But that’s not what he said. He said, “You will know the truth and the truth will make you free.”

So, what was Jesus implying? He was saying that Truth is a person, not a statement or a fact.

He makes it much clearer when He says:

“I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” (John 14:6)

See? Jesus is the Truth. The truth is a person. Not a fact. Not a statement. The truth is a living, breathing person that you and I must get to know. Why would we want to get to know this person? Because if we know this person, He will set us free. How do we know Him? We start to follow Him and become a disciple. We become someone who actually tries to put his teachings into practice in our lives. Then we will know him, and then we will be set free because we have entered into a relationship with the truth. “So, if the son sets you free, you will be free, indeed.” (John 8:36)

TRUTH IS A PERSON

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Abednego

I do agree truth lies within us and sometimes we need to show others the truth even when they don't like it.

a reply to: Iamthatbish

Thanks hope it helps you.

a reply to: Murgatroid

Thanks for the quote and that's a an interesting link.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I like it in at least a memorable form and think there are many more relatives to the Truth with regard to the seven spirits of God (Revelation 4)

The Volcanic Seven Summits are the highest volcanoes on each of the seven continents, just as the Seven Summits are the highest peaks on each of the seven continents.en.wikipedia.org...

The wolf will live with the lamb,
and the leopard will lie down with the young goat;
The calf, the young lion, and the fattened calf together;
and a little child will lead them. Isaiah11

The ancient phrase "Seven seas" (as in the idiom "sail the Seven Seas") can refer either to a particular set of seven seas or be used as an expression for all the world's oceans in general.[1]

Zechariah 3 For behold the stone that I have laid before Joshua; upon one stone shall be seven eyes

Rainbows appear in seven colors because water droplets break white sunlight into the seven colors of the spectrum (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet).eo.ucar.edu...

And I saw another mighty angel come down from heaven, clothed with a cloud: and a rainbow was upon his head, and his face was as it were the sun, and his feet as pillars of fire:And he had in his hand a little book open: and he set his right foot upon the sea, and his left foot on the earth, And cried with a loud voice, as when a lion roareth: and when he had cried, seven thunders uttered their voices. Revelation10

Just as the seven notes in the octave can be combined into chords which makes harmonious music, so too can the corresponding colors be combined to form harmonious colors.thehouseofjest.wordpress.com...

And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;
And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters. Revelation1
edit on 2-10-2014 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Where are you getting this bizarre exegesis?
The seven churches were seven literal churches...

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
There are metaphorical elements in the individual messages to the churches, but I don't know of an interpretation that says the churches metaphorically represents a person.
I know that in my church, they like the idea that they represent various stages in the history of the church.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: graphuto
Where are you getting this bizarre exegesis?
The seven churches were seven literal churches...

The seven churches had both immediate and prophetic applications.

They were used in the prophecy of the future events, while they were actual churches of that time

So, while the Historical viewpoint is VALID, it cannot possibly be the only vantage point from which to consider these messages! In other words, the messages to the Seven Churches MUST HAVE a DUAL APPLICATION -- one Historical, and one as having meaning and application to the Church as a WHOLE throughout ALL OF THE NEW TESTAMENT PERIOD. I believe that the messages to the Seven Churches have even more than a "Dual Application" (or separate applications) -- I believe they have a JOINT application. Which means that ALL the messages to the Seven Churches need to be understood by those of us who are living in this day as APPLICABLE TO US TODAY as well as Historically.

I believe that the "HISTORICAL" aspect of the messages applies to the overall predominate characteristics of the Church at that time but that the messages also speak to the varying factions within the church (in other words, Laodicea may be understood as the PREDOMINATE NATURE of the Church just prior to Christ's Second Coming but that there are those within its' fellowship which actually belong to the groups described in the messages to the other churches). While the message to the church at Ephesus may describe the predominate nature of the Church at the time of John's writing, there were, no doubt, members from the church of Philadelphia or Thyratira or Laodicea within its fellowship as well!

And the same would hold true for the Laodicean Church at the end of time -- it's predominate nature is that of being "Lukewarm", however, within the Church (as a whole) there are those who belong to the Church of Ephesus or the Church of Philadelphia, etc. Consequently, the "messages" must be understood as "a message" to the WHOLE CHURCH existing just prior to His Second Coming, and ALL SEVEN of the messages should be considered as speaking directly to the Church TODAY.

The "Seven Churches"

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: lord sword

And what does Jesus Christ represent?

Selfless Love.

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." - John 15:13

"...If any man desire to be first, the same shall be last of all, and servant of all" - Mark 9:35

"For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted." - Luke 14:11

Jesus represents that Selfless Love (Agape). Jesus is One with That Selfless Love and that Selfless Love is GOD.

"Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love." - 1 John 4:7-8

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I found this site and it seemed to help you with spiritual building.

Exercises for Increasing Spiritual
Senses1. Spiritual eyes of self
2. Spiritual ears of self
3. Spiritual taste of self
4. Spiritual touch of self
5. Spiritual smell of self
6. Spiritual conscience.
7. Spiritual divinity.

how to increase your spiritual senses

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Not necessarily in order...

1) Thyatira - Complete or Perfect Vision

2) Sardis - Perfected Emotion or Aspiration

3) Pergamum — Perfected or whole Speech.

4) Ephesus - Integral Action.

5) Proper Livelihood. Also called right livelihood.

6) Philadelphia — Complete or Full Effort, Energy or Vitality. Also called right effort or diligence.

7) Laodicea - Complete or Thorough Awareness.

8) Samma-Samadhi — Full, Integral or Holistic Samadhi...one-pointedness of mind.

Sounds familiar...

Å99

top topics

join