It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Signal on 12 Meter Band?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Maxmars

I am curious if you or you charlyv, (sorry just trying to contain posting here, you both have my full attention), listened to the link a member above posted from the gentleman himself explaining what he did, what he was using etc.?

It is only about a 5 minute snip from the horses mouth. Perhaps you can glean something from it?

IN THE OPERATORS OWN WORDS

A sidenote, I love when ATS works the way it is suppose too and people are civil and openminded and try to help and not just attack. Can I buy you one fellas?

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

By the way charlyv, I can say I do understand music as far as "steps", half step quarter step etc., go. I assume it is basically the same theory yes? The different pitches represent different things allotted to the sound?

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Well Onehuman, I checked with my father in law who has been a ham radio operator for over 50 years about that signal. He said it could be many things. He didn't recognize it as anything he was familiar with. One thing he did say is that 12 meter band is not a choice for communication underwater. That is done on ultra low frequencies. It could be anything from facsimile data transitions to random noise. Also it could be something you would have to SEE on an oscilloscope to get an idea of what it might be.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Spader

Well that is interesting. If it isnt coming from under, then you would think it would come from above, but if that is so, why wasnt his friend on the mountain above him able to pick it up?

The good news is that seems to correlate with what Maxmars and charlyv were saying as far as you would have to "SEE IT."

Was he intrigued with it at all? Or did he just sort of blow it off as "noise?"

Seems to me I have seen members from here in the past take recordings and put them in a program like Audacity or Wavepad to create the visual of what they were hearing? Is that possible to do with this?

lol so many questions.... Thanks for reporting back in and taking the time

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

Yes, he was interested. He is going to run it through his oscilloscope and see if he can understand it a little better. He will probably start tinkering with some of his toys and forget all about it. I'll keep on him though. Oh, about what you said about that guy not picking it up on the mountain top. From what little I understood he said that it doesn't skip along the ionosphere rather it is a straight beam that goes straight on out to space. So I'm not sure why he didn't pick it up. God I sound stupid. Sorry

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
You wouldn't use 12 meters for underwater, at all.

More, the guy being 93, he's probably only used to CW and voice.

12 meters is half dedicated to data, RTTY, and image transmission. You CAN do voice on the upper half of 12 meters, but it too is mostly data and image.

And you know what data and image sounds like? Yep. It sounds like a modem. Like this.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spader

From what little I understood he said that it doesn't skip along the ionosphere rather it is a straight beam that goes straight on out to space. So I'm not sure why he didn't pick it up. God I sound stupid. Sorry

Not at all. For 12 meters, if you aim it straight up, it'll pretty much go right through the ionosphere and into space, even during the day. If you hit sort of oblique, it may reflect, but at that frequency it depends a lot on space weather. If there's a lot of solar wind or a recent CME or something, it's more likely to bounce.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Not sure if it is the same bandwidth but nasa is landing, or trying to land on asteroid because they received several radio signals from it. Course they called it a comet but the pictures look like asteroid complete with what looks like structures and ufo lol. Something definitely up out there, I mean mars and other stuff scheduled before this and all the sudden they go after this with all they have and plan to land on it.

They have not been honest with us in a while. Something wicked this way comes....... Lol

The Bot

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   

The voices sound like an over ride from upper side band or lower side band with his rig tuned in to slight higher or lower frequency

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Maybe I missed it somewhere along the line, but I'm curious as to When this actually happened. Wouldn't that narrow down possibilities of what it might have been or be?

I know this is a crazy long shot, but there is a thread going now about postings from a past member that is suppose to be a part of a group that live off planet? They use our dreams for star mapping? I'm on iPad right now so can't go look for link.

The mention that the 12 band is good for images made me think of a link that was added to that thread that was about a couple nasa guys that worked on the Mars rover. Long and short of that was that one managed to download about 8 megabytes of data just looking for what may have been causing the rover to go dark for periods of time. He found that before we got the "official" reply from the rover after it landed, it apparently sent data ahead to somewhere else. A small script buried deep that he basically stumbled across then dug deeper into. Hopefully someone else read that article so I don't sound completely out there. I will post link when I go back on PC.

My point is, what if he was maybe catching some of those transmissions accidently or perhaps the image data that is being sent back?

Lol just tossing it out there for the things that make you go hmmm. They were looking for puzzle pieces from around all the forums to maybe put together to get a clearer picture of perhaps truth of what the former member was saying. Maybe this is another little piece of it? Reach I know, but like I said, saying the 12 is used for image data made the light go off for me to consider the possibility.

Eta: I found the links. Thread I was referring too

And this is the link to what I was talking about with the scientist connected with the Mars rover
ASTROEngineers

edit on 10/2/14 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: onehuman
Let me be the first to say, I have no clue about Ham Operations, so, if this is just a bunch of junk I apologize.
I do know that we have a lot of members that are into Ham radios so I thought I would bring this here to see what you think, or more to the point, what you think we are hearing.

Snip from the article that is Titled "Alien Woodstock in Malibu" (LINK) :

“A retired member of the military who is a ham radio operator picked up and recorded strange alien-like signals apparently coming from the alleged underwater UFO base in Malibu, California.

They also say:

The 12 meter band is frequented during the day, but during the busier parts of the solar cycle, long distance communications can be achieved at night as well.

Obviously I have no idea what a 12 meter band is except to guess it is probably a frequency.

Here is the LINK TO LISTEN TOO IT

like I said, Im pretty clueless, but thought some of you that understand these things, might be able to enlighten me and others. Maybe it is something, maybe its nothing. Never learn until you throw it out there I guess.

I don't think that there's anything on that recording to get all excited about. What would have made the person who recorded it to think that it was more than normal earthling activity? What's "alien" about those sounds? I was listening to computer "music" back in the early '60s and those "alien" sounds are reminiscent of the "bloops" and "grookes" of early electronica.

What about sounds before and after the segment in the link, are they different?

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: HotblackDesiato

I don't buy into the Malibu "Base", but it might help to make sense of those signals if you listen to this explanation from the ham operator who recorded them.

Explanation From Operator

I've had an inactive interest in ham radio since 1958 when I bought a little table radio and messing with it one day, without any electronics knowledge, and I did something that turned that radio into a shortwave receiver! Never got involved with ham radio but listening to the ham operator on the clip if I would have this would have been the teacher I would have liked to encounter. He is pleasant sounding and sounds humble. I envisioned myself sitting on porch rockers with him and listening to his life experiences.

As I said elsewhere, sounds that are earthling activity. Aliens? I do not see any connection.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maxmars

Well, I have some pertinent experience to comment on this subject. Although I have to point out that any ham-radio enthusiast, having reached the age of 93, is likely to be someone one should at least hear out.

Even when he is describing a common phenomenon?

Can't say why, but, he seems to be making a "big deal" over a relative nothing.

Sounds like that are produced when One "mixes" any combination frequencies in a non-linear media. Its called "heterodyning" by HAMS and Electrical Engineering Students, and Engineers. It works like this:
When the frequencies "mix" they product the sum of the frequencies, and the difference...these sounds simply were produced within the 12 meter band...they can be rather "freaky"...

A second point...it is not possible for Dude to receive a radio signal "on his property" but not "off". The reason is the very nature of Electromagnetic radiation. It sort of radiates out at the speed of light, and only diminishes in strength...and does so in a very well known manner. Basically...IF there were a 0.1Watt (100milliwats) transmitter on my 1 acres of Texas, the signal would be received by people living up to a mile or more away, depending on their receiver...

Another point I would make/ask: $12,000.00 for an antenna? Why?!!!!?? When you could build the same for under $100.00?

By the way: the contents of the signals can be easily analyzed using a audio spectrum analyzer...and we all have one...our PC...just need software...its available and free...go look.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
The background info goes basically like this: the guy picks up the strange signal, a signal which does not vary in strength, day or night. It is constant, 24/7. He can only detect it on his property, which is directly across from the alleged underwater military base. Nobody else, even those with better equipment, can detect the signal, unless they're on his property. This suggests a few different possibilities. Perhaps the signal is extremely directional, although I would think it would travel beyond his house, rather than disappear. Another possibility is that his equipment is faulty, but this makes no sense considering he detected a signal on multiple pieces of equipment. Something is emitting a signal. It doesn't have to be a communication device by any means. If it was aliens, which I doubt, that doesn't mean they are using radio waves to communicate since there are other explanations.

It is possible that the signal is coming from directly beneath his property, which is strange. That perhaps would fit in with the underwater base, considering that if such a thing existed it would probably be under the sea floor. You wouldn't want any divers being able to see something, which will always be a possibility if the water is not many hundreds of feet deep. An average scuba diver can go in excess of one hundred feet under the water, and more experienced divers and those who will undergo decompression and use other advanced methods can go well beyond one hundred feet. I'm not saying the explanation is an underwater base by any means. If it was then the base is likely a military installation as opposed to an alien installation. All things considered there is probably a mundane explanation for the signal, but something is causing it. The signal might possibly be coming from something on his own property, and the signal is not very energetic and quickly fades. I'm not sure that energy would be that strong and dissipate so quickly however.
edit on 10/3/14 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: JiggyPotamus

The background info goes basically like this: the guy picks up the strange signal, a signal which does not vary in strength, day or night. It is constant, 24/7.

The signal might possibly be coming from something on his own property, and the signal is not very energetic and quickly fades.

Now that IS an alien signal!!!

On a more practical note: Antenna are not that directional...ever...not even a dish. IF there was a radio source on his property, it would be detected off his property...nothing can prevent that. I'm reminded of a "wireless" Internet connection I had a few years ago. It was 802.11, you know the same wireless you have in your home, except it worked over a distance of about 3 miles. The best part is that it used normal 802.11 wireless circuitry, not unlike what is in your computer...the major difference was the antenna...wonder scan be worked with flea power and high gain antennas. The point is that even with significantly less transmit power (less than .1 watts) large distances can in fact be bridged easily with radio. Thus, not being able to receive a signal after only a few hundred feet is quite unlikely...regardless of the strength of that signal, or the lack of strength.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join