It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Signal on 12 Meter Band?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Let me be the first to say, I have no clue about Ham Operations, so, if this is just a bunch of junk I apologize.

I do know that we have a lot of members that are into Ham radios so I thought I would bring this here to see what you think, or more to the point, what you think we are hearing.

Snip from the article that is Titled "Alien Woodstock in Malibu" (LINK) :

“A retired member of the military who is a ham radio operator picked up and recorded strange alien-like signals apparently coming from the alleged underwater UFO base in Malibu, California.

They also say:

The 12 meter band is frequented during the day, but during the busier parts of the solar cycle, long distance communications can be achieved at night as well.

Obviously I have no idea what a 12 meter band is except to guess it is probably a frequency.

Here is the LINK TO LISTEN TOO IT

like I said, Im pretty clueless, but thought some of you that understand these things, might be able to enlighten me and others. Maybe it is something, maybe its nothing. Never learn until you throw it out there I guess.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Apart of the echos it kind of sounds like me trying to get on the internet back in 1995.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

I don't buy into the Malibu "Base", but it might help to make sense of those signals if you listen to this explanation from the ham operator who recorded them.

Explanation From Operator
edit on 2-10-2014 by HotblackDesiato because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Sounds like the noises my POS washing machine makes....seriously.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: HotblackDesiato
Thank you for adding that link. It made it even more interesting to me anyway. Curious he was only catching it the way he mentioned.
I have all ready made it clear I know pretty much zilch, but I'm guessing your link to the gentleman that recorded it will answer some questions others may have that will come up.

Thanks again

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I don't know about Malibu, but maybe in the Catalina area...?

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom
Yeah I was getting a bit confused with that as well. When the gentleman was speaking on the link added, he did make it sound like that was what he was referring too. Or at least Catilina is the more popular place as far as bing referred to in refrence of underwater bases.

Think I will go back and try and see if I can figure out where the mountain or whatever it is his friend lives on the top of May be. He did mention a name for it. Guess that's the best clue for now

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
It sounds like a mixture of static and other noises .

alien-like signals apparently coming from the alleged underwater UFO base in Malibu, California

So Aliens have traveled across the Galaxy , built an underwater base yet they're still using radio signals to transmit ?
The claim is tenuous to say the least and that's if you believe what the guy says he is recording is actually ham radio.

A retired member of the military

I guess he added that to give it credibility.

Here are some odd noises on the 10-Meter band , best from 1.05

And some more alien-like signals.

edit on 2-10-2014 by gortex because: Add video

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

It's numbers and they seem to be counting down to something...

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex
I'm not sure if you took the time to listen to the second link that was posted by another member, but the gentleman never claimed it to be actually aliens. He does take the time to describe how it all came about and all the curiosities about it.

He did mention he is 93 now and has been interested in Ham radio since he was a kid and seems he worked with it while in the service. Seems to me he tried to answer many possible questions. Perhaps you should give it a listen.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: BendingTheTruth
Since I'm clueless about these things, may I ask how you came up with it being numbers and those numbers as well?

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

but the gentleman never claimed it to be actually aliens.

Then why post it in the Aliens forum and quote the part that says "alien-like signals apparently coming from the alleged underwater UFO base" ?

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex
Because traveling the web as I was, it was in that catagory that I found it. If you looked at the link I gave, you would see there were other related stories. I wasn't aware of the link for the gentleman until another member posted it.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Been a Ham for many years and this is possibly a mixture of different HF transmission noises.
Some i recognise (yes, spelt with an S in NZ), Weather FAX, PSK31, Over the horizon radar(OTHR), and Modem type signals.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: onehuman

Obviously I have no idea what a 12 meter band is except to guess it is probably a frequency.

12 Meters is the 24.890-24.990 MHz band. The width between the peaks of each wave cycle in the modulated signal being approx. 12 meters apart at the speed of light (electromagnetic radio frequency) .

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
One must see the signal, not simply hear it, to understand what it might be.

Trying a technique to isolate where the presumed information is in the signal is not as simple as isolating a side band, or specific pattern. Modulation is only one means to communicate, signals can be rendered relatively unintelligible by time shifting (or even signal/phase shifting,) and other more esoteric means. In the end what we hear is only the effect of the signal - not the content.

Assuming the prevailing uses the DoD applies to their signal-emitting exploits includes such techniques, it will take a bit more than an audio 'image' of the signal to really do anything more than a speculative guess as to what it is.

Signals analysis is a very interesting art...
edit on 2-10-2014 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Maxmars
Thanks to you and Charlyv I am certainly learning a bit. I usually just follow along when you folks are actually discussing someone in some thread or other. This is the first time I've actually seen it broken down like this as far as the basic abc's about it.

Have you happened to dabble in this afor mentioned art?

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Well, I have some pertinent experience to comment on this subject. Although I have to point out that any ham-radio enthusiast, having reached the age of 93, is likely to be someone one should at least hear out.

This individual has probably earned his FCC license when most of us here had not yet been conceived. He will have an intimate understanding (even if he can't verbalize it) of radio propagation theory, meteorologic circumstances, and other relatively 'taken for granted' factors we here haven't ever experienced.

I really don't mean to undermine the account of the signal. But a graphic rendering of the wave dynamics could be helpful, as well as any data perhaps captured simultaneously in other spectra..., even environmental phenomena contribute to 'some' signal characteristics.

These accounts are the one's we need to watch carefully - before commercial production media turns it into a "product" of "reality TV," (or someone else for that matter.) I grant that's what people like to consume, but this could be (there is always a possibility) something very worthy of note.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

You are welcome. Understanding wavelength in this way also explains when people talk about 1/4,1/2 and full wave antennae used in capturing the signal. In this case 3 meters, 6 meters and 12 meters in the length of the antenna, and multiples thereof as well. It also explains why antennae used in frequencies measured in GigaHertz are so short, like WiFi.
edit on 2-10-2014 by charlyv because: content

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

This is the plot from the movie Independence Day (Will Smith). They keep getting a signal coming through our satellites and one of the main characters determines it is a countdown. A countdown to our annihilation by aliens...

Sorry for the confusion...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join