It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Patient in isolation at Queen’s Medical Center, officials say Ebola a possibility

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

The Department of Health has confirmed a patient is currently in isolation and undergoing testing in Honolulu.

The Hawaii Nurses Association said the person is being treated at The Queen’s Medical Center.

Officials told KHON2 Ebola is a possibility, however the patient has yet to be specifically tested for the virus.

“We are early in the investigation of a patient — very, very early — who we’re investigating that might have Ebola,” said Dr. Melissa Viray, deputy state epidemiologist. “It’s very possible that they do and they have Ebola. I think it’s also more likely that they have another condition that presents with similar symptoms.”

Patient in isolation at Queen’s Medical Center, officials say Ebola a possibility

Even if it's not Ebola in the end, I'm glad they are being proactive about this. We need to be extra careful and super strict about any possible infections.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Texas, Kentucky, and now Hawaii. It's getting deep very quick.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

I always find it funny when they say they are "tracking" who they were in contact with it...as the one patient was in contact with over 100 people supposedly...imagine trying to track lets say only 1000 people...the amount of manpower is just too great. There is nothing they can do. Whodathunk it...ebola...of all of them.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
They could easily stop flights to Hawaii and guarantine it but most likely no.. people needs their vacations !

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Honestly, I'm surprised it hasn't hit earlier given are track record of allowing everyone in the United States..I'm curious to see when it hits some other countries..

Should we really be surprised?

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
Texas, Kentucky, and now Hawaii. It's getting deep very quick.

The Kentucky story was "two people suspected" to have had Ebola back in the summer, they both tested negative. They are airing their story now for ratings.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Governments seize colloidal silver being used to treat Ebola patients, says advocate

Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

Some Governments are witholding Siver as a treatment

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
OP I posted this last night. However, it seems ATS wants all new "possible" cases to be added to an existing thread:

Hawaiian Ebola Ruled Out

This is the new thread to post possible updates

Possible Ebola Cases Outside West Africa

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockpaperhammock

I always find it funny when they say they are "tracking" who they were in contact with it...as the one patient was in contact with over 100 people supposedly...imagine trying to track lets say only 1000 people...the amount of manpower is just too great. There is nothing they can do. Whodathunk it...ebola...of all of them.

I am not convinced that technology isn't facilitating a huge connection point for these types of "manhunts." I was amazed to see John Stewart make a reference awhile back to some smartphone/mobile device apps now being used that make your phone beep at you when you get close to someone else using the app. I have no info on how that works, but I assume it must be based off each networked phone's GPS coordinates and I also would figure that anywhere you have data packets being identified and shared, you have data records stored somewhere. Further, phone apps don't add new capabilities to a phone, they utilize existing capabilities to accomplish a task. That would mean the GPS function that scans for phones in your immediate area is something being done anyway, and these apps are simply tapping into the data real time for a purpose.

It is very possible that the feds could construct a solid contact profile covering at least some of the individuals Patient Zero had contact with just by cross referencing his cell phone provider GPS information and picking up the IDs on any phones it pinged with. Once they have a phone's unique ID, the means by which to track precisely where the phone is phyically located is simple and used by police all the time as it is (even though that activity is often denied, I think we all know that our cell phones should be the first thing we tape to the underside of an Eastbound semi trailer should you want to go on the lam.)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Sorry about that. I searched for another thread about it and apparently missed yours.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: RockerDom

I say we should be quarantining the African nations with Ebola outbreaks. No one out, period. We keep letting them travel and we will have one heck of a mess.

It is coming out that clearly the guy in Dallas (which is where I live, btw) was well aware of his likely infection. He cared for an infected woman who died of it. Then he got his visa, courtesy of the American Embassy (fools!), checked off NO that he had not cared for nor lived with an Ebola infected person and boarded the plane. His half brother lives here in the US and had not seen his brother since arriving here...yet now, all of a sudden, coincidently, his brother chooses to come to America (for free treatment) to "visit" family.

Yeah, right.

I say quarantine the whole continent. I would not have a problem with Dallas being quarantined should we start popping with victims of the virus.

Someone is going to have to make hard decisions and it is pretty freaking clear that some people are just not going to behave in a responsible manner and will risk others in order to try to save their life.

top topics

join