It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Patients Quarantined In Kentucky With Ebola-Like Symptoms

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Hellas

Thanks for another source. Unfortunately it doesn't have much more information except that the Fayette County health department is on top of it. That probably means it's in Lexington, KY. Unfortunately, there is five major hospitals in Lexington, Ky. So there's no telling which one it's at yet.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
a reply to: Hellas

Thanks for another source. Unfortunately it doesn't have much more information except that the Fayette County health department is on top of it. That probably means it's in Lexington, KY. Unfortunately, there is five major hospitals in Lexington, Ky. So there's no telling which one it's at yet.

If I would be in the Area I'd call them! I think you pretty much will find the right one by the reaction on the phone

ETA: I found a comment on Facebook, they say it is the University Kentucky Hospital. But I don't know how accurate that is
edit on 2-10-2014 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Feltrick

Agree, mass hysteria and fear of contamination can work the mind into symptoms that do not exist.

Now we need to remember that we don't know how many other people from the infected countries has entered the US.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
www.kentucky.com.../99/322/&rh=1

Apparently this has happened over the past few months---not presently as is implied by the original article.

In the past five months, Fayette County health officials have quarantined two patients who had traveled to or from Liberia after they showed symptoms similar to those of Ebola. Read more here: www.kentucky.com.../99/322/&rh=1#storylink=cpy

The patients were then quarantined at University of Kentucky Chandler Medical Center. At the same time, public health workers started tracing the patient's steps to look for possible points of spreading the illness. "We have practiced the public health response," Leach said. "We put them in isolation in the hospital until we could prove it was something else." Read more here: www.kentucky.com.../99/322/&rh=1#storylink=cpy

Perhaps that clears things up a bit???

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Good find. I'm left wondering why that wasn't covered in the original source or the one Hellas provided.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

That is interesting, it seems that our good for nothing officials in government have done no a darn thing to keep this nation safe when allowing people from contaminated countries to migrate or fly here when they has been exposed to ebola, like the man from Texas.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9
Stock up on supplies people. Food, water, meds, ammo, everything. I have a hunch we're in for a bumpy ride.

Rubber gloves. This is something you get by touching infectious fluids on surfaces, not necessarily by breathing.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

The 2 in KY was thought to have Ebola back in the summer but they tested negative. Not sure why they have this story going now, looking to boost ratings would be my guess!

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Glassbender777
This is what im worried about, even if they didnt have Ebola, word spreads very fast, and so does panic. There could be and probably will be a run on food, stalk up now. 1 box or 12 packages of roman noodles, only $1.89 a box at walmart.

Just bought some about an hour ago....
Ramen Chicken flavor - 12 pack -- Ramen-Chkn12 004178900231 F $2.34

Good stuff. Mix with a vegetable and/or some sausage/hot dog etc... Not very fancy but does the trick.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Governments seize colloidal silver being used to treat Ebola patients, says advocate

Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

Some governments are denying Siver as a treatment

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

We need to know if these people were flying on the same plane as Ebola man.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: judydawg

We need to know if these people were flying on the same plane as Ebola man.

No, according to the link I posted above, these patients were admitted to Chandler Medical Center last summer, not in the past few days. I've no clue why this suddenly appeared....why it's just now going public apparently. Perhaps the window of quarantine has now closed and they are now giving the "All Clear"???

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: new_here

originally posted by: Doodle19815

Good grief, there is no information in that article! I need more informations, now!

This one is too close to home for comfort.

Agreed... would be helpful to know their risk factors. Like, have they traveled to West Africa? What exactly do are their "Ebola-like symptoms?" Because fever and intestinal issues are symptoms early on, but could also just be flu or stomach bug.

They tested "negative" so what made them decide to quarantine?

They chose to quarantine because better safe than sorry, perhaps?????? If they let them go and in a week turns out they do have Ebola, it'd be awful, don't you think? And very irresponsible of the hospital. I'd rather hospitals quarantine all who show symptoms if it's flu ultimately or NOT because again, better SAFE than Sorry. You can NOT have 'do overs' in any major event.

This is more than just 'major'.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: sarra1833

originally posted by: new_here

originally posted by: Doodle19815

Good grief, there is no information in that article! I need more informations, now!

This one is too close to home for comfort.

Agreed... would be helpful to know their risk factors. Like, have they traveled to West Africa? What exactly do are their "Ebola-like symptoms?" Because fever and intestinal issues are symptoms early on, but could also just be flu or stomach bug.

They tested "negative" so what made them decide to quarantine?

They chose to quarantine because better safe than sorry, perhaps?????? If they let them go and in a week turns out they do have Ebola, it'd be awful, don't you think? And very irresponsible of the hospital. I'd rather hospitals quarantine all who show symptoms if it's flu ultimately or NOT because again, better SAFE than Sorry. You can NOT have 'do overs' in any major event.

This is more than just 'major'.

Slow down, Nellie... did not in the least mean to imply they should let them go. I want to know... WHAT are their risk factors? (like, travel history or exposure to someone infected) WHY are they in quarantine? (have symptoms developed beyond fever and vomiting?) There must be something about them that screams Ebola and not flu, and I would like to know what that is, so I can assess for myself the gravity of this developing problem, is all.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

I think Ebola has been here and we didn't know.

I wasn't going to post this anywhere but now I will on the Mark Levine show night before last . Two callers called in and said that 5 people in Dalas have already died from it. Take that with a gain of salt. They could have been kooks.

This is nowhere to be found in the news.

The New York Times was to have a breaking story on it, didn't happen.

If and that is a big if the above is true, think of all that could happen in two years America will be distoryed. Praying...yes I am paranoid and always look for the worst and Pray for the best of a bad situation.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
a reply to: RunForTheHills

I did a search, and being at work, Facebook is blocked. But I'm seeing a couple of hints saying that this is at the University of Kentucky. Even though they tested negative, it is still nerve racking. I'm curious as to the accuracy rates of the test.

I'm also curious as to what is going to happen this winter with people showing up to the ER's and UTC's with flu like symptoms. Are they going to quarantine everyone?

My momma had surgery at Uk hospital. They are morons there. She had a very serious surgery and should have stayed 6 days in the hospital - this was before the drive thru surgery they have now - and she ended up signing herself out the next day - against doctors orders.

The sewer in the patient's room across the hall backed up in the sink. They wheeled the patient into my mom's room with feces and urine covering the wheels of the bed, the portable IV unit and a fan that was on wheels.

One patient went in for a surgery and had gauze left in the wound after being sown up. The patient almost died. Fortunately they lived and won a large size settlement.

UK hospital isn't equipped for such an ordeal. They are mostly staffed with interns. Lawd help us all!
edit on 5pm1003America/ChicagoFri, 03 Oct 2014 12:55:07 -05005510122014-10-03T12:55:07-05:00 by wanderingconfusion because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join