It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: “Disaster Teams Were Notified Months Ago They Would Be Activated in October”

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I remember reading that October last year there was supposed to be some event when them bulk fema coffins were ordered and all other disaster supplies to region 3 i think it was, and it was around the time good old Comet Ison was still rolling around so people were freaking out, and they had ordered meals and loads of antibiotics,maybe they had to delay their plan a year because all that info got out, or they couldn't get the ball rolling then, thats just my conspiracy theorist take on this. That said i could never find a good source for that info back then but it sure did seem weird and that MERS coronavirus was worrying the WHO too back then.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Let me explain something which might help..

Emergency services, be they government agencies, or be they private contractors who provide supplies for the emergency services, are always making preparations and plans.
It's what they do.
Their jobs are to be ready for an emergency.

When a new threat or potential disaster emerges, they have to prepare them selves for that.

Ebola is a huge thing right now. It could spread to anywhere on the planet.
So believe me, emergency services all over the world will be making plans and preparing for the possibility of it spreading to their countries.

For example, there may be a need identified for more tents and such supplies.
An emergency services department may have decided through their analysis and planning, that if an outbreak occurs, that the best response would be to isolate people in a quarantined area, say a stadium or large open park/field somewhere away from the general population.
In such a case tents and many of them will be needed, so will toilet facilities and such.

In other words, that doesn't mean that it is a planned event, or that contractors and agencies have be pre-warned.
All it means is that the typical planning and preparations are being made.
This sort of planning and preparedness was obviously stepped up in the wake of september 11, bali, madrid, london..

I think the problem is that some people have a need for worst case scenarios, doomsdays, etc, so look for anything.
They already have the mindset and are convinced of the worst, so logical thinking processes go out the window.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: RockerDom

Golden State EMS is L.A., then it's a matter of time, when it hits there that it will move north. I don't think some of these smaller-50 thousand or less areas could handle this currently. Locally there was a mass disaster drill held at area airport. Apparently it was for plane crash preparedness

..- --------------------- -..
CDC Atlanta, are telling funeral homes to prepare for handling of multiple bodies. Maybe then cemeteries as well will probably then be ordering numerous FEMA coffins, which are really casket liners. But who knows might need them for multi bodies if not cremation.
CDC's local guidelines to funeral homes on how to handle Ebola patient(deaths) - CBS46 News video- Decatur, GA see here

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I'm on a disaster team..1st responder FEMA, Homeland Security and Citizen Corps Bio Defense Network, Region 2 South, Michigan.

We were told no such nonsense. Nonsense. Who does the OP volunteer for again??? Sorry...I didn't get that...and callups and call outs don't even work that way

And I and my team would know..we don't...because nothing of the sort even comes down like that.

Go join a cause...stop believing what you read and watch.
edit on 07-31-2014 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spader
I read the twitter page following backward till early September. The "major supplier" is a company called GoldenState FIRE/EMS. The majority were about the recent developments in Texas with the Ebola crud, that they were accepting applications and to be careful in the heat. There seemed to be two different people tweeting on that account. A rational person and a fear mongerer. I didn't see anything about them being notified by the government of impending doom. The fear tweeter thinks there is an imminent Ebola pandemic and the rational one says and I quote" We had no idea that we could cause such a stir, Geez Louise!! lets stay focused and talk about preparedness." And look at the source of the "report", SHTFplan.com. If you follow the link and read the tweets from the SOURCE you will see what I'm talking about. That site is just trying to cash in on the Ebola scare.

Good stuff Spader. But unfortunately it seems that some are eating this up without even checking to see if it has any merit. I say this is unfortunate because it will perpetuate a belief and simply create more fear, and will serve to convince others that the entire ebola virus is a false flag or something purposely engineered for some nefarious purpose. I commend you for actually taking a bit of time to check that out. I concur with your assessment, and unless I've missed something I cannot see this as anything other than hype.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: mortex
Let me explain something which might help..

Emergency services, be they government agencies, or be they private contractors who provide supplies for the emergency services, are always making preparations and plans.
It's what they do.
Their jobs are to be ready for an emergency.

When a new threat or potential disaster emerges, they have to prepare them selves for that.

Ebola is a huge thing right now. It could spread to anywhere on the planet.
So believe me, emergency services all over the world will be making plans and preparing for the possibility of it spreading to their countries.

For example, there may be a need identified for more tents and such supplies.
An emergency services department may have decided through their analysis and planning, that if an outbreak occurs, that the best response would be to isolate people in a quarantined area, say a stadium or large open park/field somewhere away from the general population.
In such a case tents and many of them will be needed, so will toilet facilities and such.

In other words, that doesn't mean that it is a planned event, or that contractors and agencies have be pre-warned.
All it means is that the typical planning and preparations are being made.
This sort of planning and preparedness was obviously stepped up in the wake of september 11, bali, madrid, london..

I think the problem is that some people have a need for worst case scenarios, doomsdays, etc, so look for anything.
They already have the mindset and are convinced of the worst, so logical thinking processes go out the window.

Exactly.. there are likely members on this forum who have a shelter full of food, guns and ammunition (or at least a stash) in preparation for any number of catastrophes but it doesn't mean they're in on it.

It would be foolish for a government or emergency service to be unprepared.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: dlbott

The other concern, aside from the thing making its way to the New World by possible airborne transmission, is what happens if it takes hold and spreads. Ebola is climate based, which is to say it likes tropical rainforest environments and usually sticks to them.

The climate in the US and many other countries would / should mitigate against the disease from spreading. If we keep seeing the numbers increase in countries that do not have the climate for it to survive then something is very wrong.

The other issue is people from affected areas are not disclosing symptoms / lying to airport / medical / police screeners about contact with Ebola / people infected with it. One individual (from Liberia I think) lied and made it to the US where he was diagnosed. His government has filed charges for lying in order to get out of the country.

Once again we have an incident occur just as scandals hit Obama and gain traction. Im thinking about starting a thread that lists the scandals along with the incidents that shifted focus away from it.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: ObsidianEclipse
It would be foolish for a government or emergency service to be unprepared.

Normally I would agree but let me ask -

How do you prepare to handle a disease whose presence in the US is literally nonexistent? Up until this incident there was no known drug that was effective against Ebola. The simple fact a business had to use their experimental drugs reinforces the fact that our government / emergency services are not prepped to handle something like Ebola (aside from isolation / making the person comfortable with a morphine drip). The mortality rate is nasty as well.

Out of all branches of emergency services Doctors are the only ones who can diagnose a patient. If the symptoms present initially as flu, and the Doc tells em to get rest and drink lots of fluid thinking the person has the flu, then we are not really prepared mindset wise to accept its presence.

Of all the training (LEO / First responder / Hazmat first receiver / etc etc) I have had over the past decade not once did it ever deal with Ebola. If it turns out this is airborne and has the ability to mutate for the climate change.... I dont even want to think about how bad that could get.

Back on the conspiracy side I forgot Obama issued an executive order (actually updated one) that allows people to be forcibly detained and isolated if they have a communicable disease that poses a threat to the Public (like TB).

The EO was signed in August and specifically addresses Ebola -
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I think the outbreak was inevitable. Doing the math would have given a rough date. I "knew" this was going to break out as well. That doesn't mean I had anything to do with it or advanced knowledge. Mathematically, it was only logical.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Just a prallel;

COE; corps of engineers breached levees ahead of the floods? ...but the floods were a result of breached levees?

flooding minimized?

May be the 'wrong' link?

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

I think I would be more concerned with how this thing is spreading. I think we have moved beyond human contact transmittal to something airborne.

The other oddity I noticed (most likely coincidence) is this mess is almost out of a Tom Clancy novel. The title of the book, which can be linked to how Obama sees himself is called "Executive Orders".

The US is attacked by an aerosolized version of Ebola (Iran was the culprit in the book). A 747 kamikazes into the Capital building, wiping out Congress, the President etc. While trying to piece it together the Ebola attack comes.

Coincidentally creepy imo.

Just want to bring this post to light again... that's exceptionally eerie.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

I'm sure someone smarter than me could see how this spreads, right? They saw it coming, and we're prepared. At least I hope so.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Unless Ebola becomes fully airborne, I can't see a pandemic in the US. You have to remember that where Ebola is currently spreading, they have much different customs and practices than we do. Families here do not wash the deceased body and prepare it for burial....The chances of Ebola becoming a pandemic are virtually nil unless like I said, it becomes fully airborne. If that happens, all bets are off.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I speculated in August that Ebola would be here.

Of course, I also speculated that it would be a terror attack.

*meh*

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: mortex

Well spoken. Let me add that September 30 marks the end/beginning of the Federal Government's fiscal year. You expect supplies to be ordered and contracts signed well in advance of this date, whether to exhaust the old year's budget or dip into the new year's. Also why training and drills are scheduled around this time of year.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Every year since I joined ATS... I mean EVERY year....

"October is the month 'THEY' will begin their depopulation scheme!"
"Officials have been planning a major disaster which they believe will happen in October!"
"Psychic prophecy predicts catastrophic events this October!"

I think it's a Halloween thing. Chillax homeslippers.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

The US is attacked by an aerosolized version of Ebola (Iran was the culprit in the book). A 747 kamikazes into the Capital building, wiping out Congress, the President etc. While trying to piece it together the Ebola attack comes.

It seems pretty easy to just jump the fence and run inside..spray spray..

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

Sure but the problem is you can contract the disease and not know it until the symptoms kick in, which means at that point you are already infected.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   

It might not be an Ebola outbreak, but it could be. There is a long month ahead, and mathematical projections could have predicted the spread.
edit on 04pmSat, 04 Oct 2014 21:54:32 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 04pmSat, 04 Oct 2014 21:55:07 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Ebola is like any other virus.... it needs a host to survive and replicate. If the host dies too soon, then the virus dies as well because it doesn't have the ability to propagate itself in sufficient numbers.

The odds are extremely high that any mutation will be less fatal than the version prior. Its the only way the virus can survive to replicate itself.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join