It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC Investigating Cluster of Paralysis in Denver Area Children

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

S 500 people, mostly children, in 42 states have been diagnosed with Enterovirus 68. The virus is part of a collection of more than 100 similar viruses that can cause fever, runny nose, sneezing, cough, as well as body and muscle aches.

Between August 8-September 17, nine children have been hospitalized with mild muscle weakness and paralysis. All of the children had experienced fever and breathing problems at least two weeks before the onset of the weakness and paralysis. Six of the nine children tested positive for enteroviruses, including Enterovirus 68.

All nine of the children also had lesions, identified as “abnormalities of the spinal cord gray matter on the MRI.”

CDC Investigating Cluster of Paralysis in Denver Area Children

I picked this single story because this “polio-like” illness was first reported here in Colorado but it has been found in a great many other places.
Child death in Rhode Island first linked in U.S. to virus
L.A. child treated for partial paralysis had D-68 enterovirus
Suspected cases of D-68, four children in Calgary experience paralysis

in this story CDC looks to enterovirus, paralysis-like symptoms in kids they list states like Missouri, Colorado, Virginia, Kansas and cities like Chicago and Kansas City, with another link suggesting it's spread into Canada, Calgary...

Ya know whatever going on with theses kids---is spreading---or already has spread and we're just now getting doctors reporting that they have a kids with these same symptoms...

before you ask... No the CDC and doctors do not know for sure it's from this Enterovirus... I mean 3 of the nine kids in Denver tested negative for E-68...

Has to be serious when it's the doctors saying “polio-like” symptoms right...

This might be way bigger than the Ebola deal... but it's importance is being pushed into the background...
I don't know about you all but this Cluster of Paralysis news has got my undivided attention...
edit on 2-10-2014 by HardCorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I have 3 young grandchildren 2 are in school and frankly I am extremely worried about this.
I am wondering did these kids get vaccinated recently could this be something to do with shots they received before going to school? My 2 grand girls both had some kind of vaccination before going to school this year not sure what it was, but now it's worrying me. I don't think there are any cases in my area or as far as I know none have been diagnosed. I am watching this closely... just another thing to have me shaking in my shoes these days Ebola, Snipers now this it's always something.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: starlitestarbrite

Your not all that close to Chicago... and by car it takes us some five hours to drive to Denver... lot of that has to do with no direct route between just lots of very tall mountains.

Still my wife and I are worried as well... we have two daughters 7 and 10... as a parent, or grandparent we just can't help but worry about the little ones..

like I said above when they banter phrases--- “polio-like” symptoms--- that's enough to scared the bejebies out of any parent

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Follow an arrow north to Calgary and BC where cases of paralysis and polio-like symptoms are also manifesting.

link

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
S&F. I hope this doesn't get buried in all the ebola fears. This is one to keep an eye on too. As a parent, I'm pretty scared about the enterovirus going around. Thanks for bringing this topic back to the front page of ATS.

new topics

top topics

join