It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Country Just Abolished College Tuiton Fees

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: haviahabia

So is a $.25

Is it in societies best interests to sit idol as Americans become poorer and poorer by the decade?

i certainly dont have all the answers.
at some point though individuals need to take responsibility for themselves....
if someone is working for $8 an hour and only working 25 hours a week then they need to do something about that....what should be done will be different for everyone...going back to school. getting a better job. it is possible.

i really am just focusing my argument/points on certain people...
the ones who complain about their low wages but not really doing anything about it......

we all know those people exist......

we all know that there are people that like to work as little as possible but complain theyre strapped. those are the people i am talking about...
my brother worked at a pizza shop when he was 19 like i said. there were people there in their 20's and 30's even that worked there. they had spouses and kids.....he would tell me how they would complain almost non stop that they were broke and couldnt afford this or that....
he worked there 3 years ago.....he came over a few nights ago with a couple za's to hang out and he said those same people are still working there....
so in 3 years time the only job they could find was part time at some rag tag pizza shop?
i really dont think so.
whatever problems they are having with work/money are their own. not society. not the job market. its them
thats a fact

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Well many of our intelligent friends fail to understand that the more money everyone makes, the more jobs and money there will be for all Americans to earn and spend.

They is something wrong in the minds of our intelligent friends, especially if you hate welfare and government assistance programs.

edit on 7-10-2014 by haviahabia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: CardiffGiant

Why are you debating against the point of growing economic disparity between the rich and the poor, and education?

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: haviahabia

Because they individualize everything. They don't see how their prosperity directly relates to the prosperity of the community at large.

I use an apology for these people. I call it the Africa analogy.

If your so damn good go to Africa and create the same wealth.

They won't admit that their success weighs heavily on the success of others.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Quality of life is the most important part. Period.

with that statement you have to define quality of life...
who's quality of life should i be worried about?

i worked those hours at that job(so do millions of other people) so that my wife and kids would have a better quality of life.

thats what you do when you have people that depend on you....

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

How's your wife and kids quality of life going to look when they can't leave their house without security anymore because people are killing each other to eat?

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
No you know what let me answer that for you.

Your quality of life is going to look like # if America becomes a third world country.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Why are you debating against the point of growing economic disparity between the rich and the poor, and education?

i never mentioned the gap between rich and poor.
i also never said people shouldnt get an education.

people should educate themselves....education is never a bad thing...it dont always pay the bills though

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

How's your wife and kids quality of life going to look when they can't leave their house without security anymore because people are killing each other to eat?

Oh please this has to be a joke.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

i dont have an answer for that possible scenario...

i can only worry about and handle so much. i have to look out for myself and my family. i can not look out for the greater good of the entire society....thats the reality...
maybe you can but i dont have that luxury.

i dont really know what any of that has to do with getting off your ass and getting a better job.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: CardiffGiant

i worked those hours at that job(so do millions of other people) so that my wife and kids would have a better quality of life.

If you are only concerned about yourself than that is fair.

However, many of us realize that we are all apart of this country and that our lives are linked economically.

You cannot grow or maintain society by cutting the wages of the majority of people who spend the money in the first place, that is contrary to the math.

So it is our concern that the best approach to help the health of our nation is to advocate better wages which ultimately translates to positive outcomes as these outcomes are classified by economists and sociologists.

Apathy is action in inaction.
edit on 7-10-2014 by haviahabia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
[
Oh please this has to be a joke.

i think maybe he is living in some sort of fantasy world where people as a collective look out for each other and pay each others bills so that everyone can have a great quality of life...

i dont live in that fantasy utopia though. i live in the real world where you have to work, pay your own way, and make sure the people that depend on you are taken care of..

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

You cannot grow or maintain society by cutting the wages of the majority of people who spend the money in the first place, that is contrary to the math.

So it is our concern that the best approach to help the health of our nation is to advocate better wages which ultimately translates to positive outcomes as these outcomes are classified by economists and sociologists.

i think the first step to the 'health of the nation' is for people to start pulling their own weight and do the best they can for themselves and their family.
better wages would be fantastic. better wages across the board....
i never advocated against better wages. not once

edit*
am i supposed to advocate for or feel bad for the able bodies people out there that do nothing to better their financial situation? i dont...i can tell you that right now.
the 30 something husband and father of 2 that slings hash at burger king for 8 bucks an hour and bitching about it...what is he doing to better his situation? what jobs has he applied for?
probably none because those jobs that i am talking about do not let you hang out on facebook all day while you toss fries and talk to your co workers.
i dont feel bad for them even a little bit.
i know not every person is in that situation but those are the people that i am talking about.

edit on 7-10-2014 by CardiffGiant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

No I'm living in the real world where our success if weighed heavily upon the success of the community at large.

Your so clueless it's unbelievable.

How can you not see that?

My god I can't believe how stupid people have become in the modern world.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

If you are only concerned about yourself than that is fair.

However, many of us realize that we are all apart of this country and that our lives are linked economically.

Apathy is action in inaction.

Someone who can actually think. Thank god sometimes I swear I lose I hope.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

No I'm living in the real world where our success if weighed heavily upon the success of the community at large.

ok. youre rignt an i am wrong.
i am stupid and you are smart....
we really do live in a fantasy utopia where everyone looks out for everyone in their community....i am just too stupid to see it.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

we really do live in a fantasy utopia where everyone looks out for everyone in their community....i am just too stupid to see it.

Finally some truth.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

And I can't believe how adults still cry like babies when someone doesn't agree with them.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

If you don't agree with this poster then you are either stupid or a troll.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

You troll my threads with little no substance. You are a troll.

Not understanding your intrinsic roll in the community is stupid period.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join