It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola 'could become airborne': United Nations warns

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

Yep, sounded almost like a disclaimer to me...so when (not "if"; I no longer believe it is even remotely an "if") the proverbial S hits the proverbial F, they can always say they mentioned it in passing. That single sentence just alarmed me more than anything else I've seen so far this morning regarding that topic. It's always the little things that turn out to be the most important, isn't it?

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
The conditioning to accept this thing has been out there for ages. The Strain and Contagion of recent have been adding fuel to the paranoid fire. The Strain concludes next week - imagine that! Outbreak comes to mind as well, but that was a 90s Dustin Hoffman tour de force so most people didn't take "are you trying to seduce me mrs. robinson" to heart. The timing of the Strain is incredible though, you have to admit.

I've said it all on the threads of Ebola on ATS...ITS BEEN HERE. This is a manmade thing, and it just didn't get to the states. Whatever they tell us they knew damn well its been here at least a year. Think of timing versus release of information. AIDS was killing white boys in 1978 but nothing was really said publicly until around 1981 in the independent press. What we have is a combination of dishonesty from our government, corporations, and news outlets to provoke fear and panic so they can declare marshall law, or some other restrictive repressive bull#.

Ebola, is looking just like the AIDS Pandemic to me. People are going on and on about "countries not giving Africa help" but face facts - AFRICA HAS BEEN THE TESTING GROUND FOR THESE AGENTS SINCE DAY ONE. Like AIDS, Ebola has been specifically targeted for a certain demographic, and like AIDS it will mutate in kind with a little help from the lab. Think of how AIDS went out there and eventually was mutated and the conspiracies and proven facts around it. France had a cure and the US sued them to prevent them from releasing it. My father still argues they were experimenting with it on them in the Nam with it.

If people think this just "happened", they need to check the Tuskeegee Experiment, and look at the protocols behind the AIDS drugs in the 1960s first. Look at why they go and drop these things on black people first, and then spread it out to the rest once its been perfected. (AIDS is an anomaly, the white gay guys getting it was really to kill their movement and eradicate their protesting in public but that is another story and France proved the strain they got was genetically different than the ones black people were infected with).

Wash rinse and repeat people.

Remember the alleged Patient Zero AIDS guy. He was flying all over the place too right????

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

Vigilance is the word of the day- despite what the naysayers want you to believe.

I think the best approach now is keep your eyes and ears open and plan accordingly. No need to panic, but it's certainly time to stay alert.
edit on 2-10-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Vigilance is the word of the day- despite what the naysayers want you to believe.

I think the best approach now is keep your eyes and ears open and plan accordingly. No need to panic, but it's certainly time to stay alert.

I have to agree with you. I am most definitely staying alert, and am advising everyone I care about to do the same. Sadly, some of them refuse to believe anything will happen and even more sadly, some of them are my own flesh and blood but I feel their eyes will be opened soon enough and am saving my energy and attention for that. We cannot make others see what they do not wish to see, no matter how badly we may want to. Namaste.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Get out your Colloidal Silver Generators and start making some anti Ebola juice!

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Lysol and bleach. Killing virus's is listed right on the bottles. Let's not forget elderberries.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

People are already starting to panic. time.com...

investmentwatchblog.com...

The media is trying to soothe and reassure people but the media has lost all credibility as well as government spokespersons.

conservativeread.com...

za.news.yahoo.com...

Now media will be more concerned with damage control than relaying pertinent information about the spread of ebola, prevention or treatment.

I predict that very soon ATS will have it's own ebola forum and that's a good thing to be able to access the actual people that are affected, here and the rest of the planet.

edit on 2-10-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Does anyone else realize small droplets in the air IS airborne? It seems many times I have seen already
this very stupid distinction. IF it can be in fluid droplets IN THE AIR then it is AIRBORNE no? If you look at the facts - there is no cure - kills 80 to 90 percent - this is perfect for the elite's rumored population reduction in full swing. It is time we start thinking about the possibility that patient zero in Dallas infected several thousand people at an AIRPORT flying all around the world. and that 1 billion will be infected a year from now.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen
a reply to: butcherguy

Even if it was known to be airborne.... why say something like that? To fan the flames?

Exactly...that's quite disturbing. And I wonder how many people actually noticed that he said that...it can only serve to heighten the fear that the whole message is meant to allay...so why say it?

Dr. Lakey sure did. He asked to come back on the press conference so he could correct him and say "It is NOT airborne."

Spooky, indeed.
edit on 2-10-2014 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Dr. Lakey sure did. He asked to come back on the press conference so he could correct him and say "It is NOT airborne."

Spooky, indeed.

Wow. That is insane. And I saw someone asked about droplets vs. "airborne", so the distinction is already being made. I already had a bad feeling about this after the first case was announced.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Fear mongering imnsho.

From wiki:

The potential for widespread EVD infections is considered low as the disease is only spread by direct contact with the secretions from someone who is showing signs of infection

Given that, if it mutates to a more contagious variety then this will probably have been done deliberately in a government lab under the name of "research", but research these days tends to mean "we made it more deadly and contagious just to see what would happen, if anything..."

Am I the only one getting tired of all the Ebola disinfo? Just my 2 cents.

"Ebola could..."
"Ebola might..."
"Ebola shoulda coulda woulda..."

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Ebola damage control will be in full swing soon. I agree that people have lost all faith in what is being reported on the news and what government spokes people are telling them. All they have done is lie to everyone about everything, so why should they believe them now?

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: nrd101

Does anyone else realize small droplets in the air IS airborne? It seems many times I have seen already
this very stupid distinction. IF it can be in fluid droplets IN THE AIR then it is AIRBORNE no?

No. There is a difference between airborne precautions and droplet precautions.

ETA: I do, however, agree with you that at this point it is a stupid distinction. If people can breathe it in, there's a big effing problem. Period.

edit on 31383America/ChicagoThu, 02 Oct 2014 15:38:46 -050031pm31274America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: SpaDe_

Ebola damage control will be in full swing soon. I agree that people have lost all faith in what is being reported on the news and what government spokes people are telling them. All they have done is lie to everyone about everything, so why should they believe them now?

They shouldn't. They are the last people anyone should believe.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

It is airborne sofi, taking into consideration that if a person with ebola is in a room and releases fluids like nose or cough it can infect those closes to him or her.

Now, as for the humanitarian problem with travel that the one that said that is full of crap what keeping people in the countries infected out has to do with bringing people in, that is a whole bunch of crap

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

Um...what do you all mean it's now time to do this and that?

You should've always been conscious of hygiene and such. You all are just feeding and getting giddy over the hype.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TravisBickle451

Your response seems giddy with the opportunity to paint rational concern and vigilance with something more.

To each his own.

I'll govern my choices and you can govern yours. Thereafter, we can let Darwin principles apply accordingly.

edit on 2-10-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   

I noticed that too when I was listening to the press conference on the way home.

"...but ultimately we are all connected by the air we breath"

It's hard to say what that was all about. Maybe this was a Freudian slip of the concern or knowledge he has that maybe ebola is already airborne. It could also be some innocuous phrase he often uses in various contexts such as "despite our differences we are all connected by the air we breath," and the phrase just rolled off his tongue here while talking about the various groups around the world grappling with this disease.

Certainly a curious fragment to ponder.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   
There is a very real chance that Ebola would loose it's potency if it managed to become airborne.

Korg.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Hmm okay.. any body suggested glassing the infected nations?

Jokes aside - sensible and cautious people are more likely to survive an outbreak. Wash your hands, don't have intercourse in Africa. Job done

watch the void.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join