It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pre-cognition type of phenomena that keeps happening to me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Hi all.

This has been happening to me for over 2 good years now. I'm sorry I cant bring up any proof of it, please just take my word, I am not lying. The purpose of this thread is getting in touch with all you out there just to see if some are also experiencing the same thing.

It's not scary or anything. It's just weird. My father has witnessed it.

This is the situation:

I always have a TV or radio on. Alone at home or with other people in the house. In the middle of a conversation, either me or the person Im talking with will say a word, ANY word, regularly inserted in a normal conversation sentence, and this word will be reproduced by the TV anchor or talk-show radio boradcaster with a, let's say, 2 seconds delay.

It's been happening for 2 years now.

I am not talking about common words like "right", "now", "for", "where", "how". Im talking about words like "intimacy", "audition", "truck" and such. It's WEIRD.

My guess is that somehow, by having other voices running underneath the conversation, our brain picks the pattern and somehow tends to "gravitate" semantically to whatever it's been said underneath in an unconcious way -- therfore letting occur the convergence of words.

Anyone else experiencing such thing?

Thanks for reading.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
That's very interesting. I would say that has happened my whole life, usually i say coincidence.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveTheTrees

My ex would do the same thing. Say something then 2 seconds later the TV or radio say the exact thing. It happened many times. Very interesting.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   

I get that, too from time to time. Not always from the TV, but from people.

I think it's our mind that does that, when we focus on specific things. I remember I had kidney stones once and before I got to the doc to get the diagnosis on what this pain is, my mind went to stuff like cancer. And everywhere I went I heard people talking on the phone about hospitals. doctors, I saw ads about cancer etc..

It's just not some "power" it is just us focusing on a specific thing which we will hear and see very often just because it is on our mind.

ETA: Maybe it is something like when we're sleeping (at least this happens to me quite often) and my phone is about to ring, in my dream I'm in front of a telephone. Always! And the seconds it starts to ring, I wake up to realise that my phone is ringing.
edit on 2-10-2014 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: AboveTheTrees

My guess is that somehow, by having other voices running underneath the conversation, our brain picks the pattern and somehow tends to "gravitate" semantically to whatever it's been said underneath in an unconcious way -- therfore letting occur the convergence of words.

Anyone else experiencing such thing?

Our brains constantly filter extraneous sounds before choosing to remember or discard. However when there is another conversation/discussion or topic being mentioned in the background, our filter is on alert, waiting. What is happening is semantic memory access, or the searching of our memory to make a mental association with the tv topic. When we access that topic our vocabulary will accommodate itself.

Hope this makes sense to you. If I remember correctly this is the theory of memorization by Thomas. I loved studying that.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Deja vu

*Edit* My bad. Got the wrong idea.
edit on 2-10-2014 by TheProphetMark because: fortwente

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I am going to say I have witnessed this phenomena before and i think it is more indicative of something more dark and illusive than we are willing to address, or believe. Seriously, when this happens to you, you think coincidence but what you are thinking is darker than that. I don't really want to elaborate, but lets just say reality is being manipulated in nefarious ways.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Someone you are tied to has heard that word a little before you did and a communication link takes this word into your brain where you use the word. Now, time zones are also important, if someone sees something on tv an hour, two hours, or three hours ahead of you this will also give you a heads up. It doesn't work for picking lotto numbers though, I have tried. Someone you are linked to has to know the numbers.
The lotto has precautions to stop that.

Now someone sensing your DNA on a paper might pick your slip out of a drawing. If they liked you when you filled out the form they may pick your slip because it felt right. A lot of things can interfere with this though, like knowing it exists.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Greetings-

Ever see the bumper sticker that reads "Kill Your Television"? read it, learn it and Live it.. You'll KNOW it to be 'true' when You hear the tune "The video killed the radio star"

Both "devices" are "distraction" to keep You busy.. Turn them off and "Listen" The member above Me mentions similar and if they want to share further, This is how "possessions" (give it a name..) begin/endure. The Ones doing the 'manipulating' which violates Your "FREE WILL" did 'they' ask if You wanted to "play"? (I'm sorry but didn't catch that or not???..). Ever read of someOne "losing it" and "hearing voices"? How do You think those begin/endure?

You might find more info when You look for "Why do e.t.s "stare"..? ala Vulcan "mind meld"

You might also inquire of "them" their 'purpose of intrusion'. "many" of the Ones geared towards what could be described as "non-positive" want the Human Body because the Human Body is a "Holy vessel" and TheOneInfiniteCreator saw fit that these Ones are created 'that way' . Any similarities between this and any organized Religion™ i.e. angel v. Human?

When You type "for like 2 years..." Like around the Maya Prophecy of Dec. 21, 2012 The Beginning of a New Era? Are Your dreams more lucid/vivid? New found energy, don't have to sleep as much, "Wants" replaced by "needs"?

Mother Earth has shifted dimensions/chakras in Her evolution, You "may" be a part of the civilization that received an "infield promotion", an 'Ascension' without the stairs...

Earth is a "FREE WILL ZONE" and 'free will' is One of the main lessons to be learned in/on this plane.. Like going to a language institute and studying math. Going to a steakhouse and ordering chicken but not as drastic as ordering salad.

namaste

P.S. When I typed "kill Your t.v." a simple un-plugging will suffice..

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Once it becomes a recognizable trait or incident within an incident,

I think we call it synergy?

Synergy is the combination of two or more things that creates an effect which is greater than the sum of both separately.

edit on (10/2/1414 by loveguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I'm saying its not coincidence - its not synergy - these are just definitions of an occurrence with timing, I think
there is intelligence behind this or the quantum field, even in my mind quite possibly corporate time travel - I'm just saying I don't like the simple explanations. there's more to it than that. Basically it is more akin to two people having the same thought simultaneously - like two inventors inventing a light bulb in separate parts of the world. Like a greater intelligence. Or alternatively, a driven plot line? I have not had many strange experiences with my TV, but when it does get weird its like my TV is listening or predicting like reacting to you.

Why is it hard to imagine a TV has advanced tech to spy on you? But then reacting to you ? seems like crazy talk I know

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
This has happened to me far more times than I could count. Only in the last few years has it happened less to me. There was a period in my life when it was almost daily. It wasn't just words either...it was physical things happening moments after I'd talk about it. One in particular I was telling my sister how I hadn't seen one of those pickup trucks driving on the train tracks in a while, then a moment later the crossing guards came down and sure enough one of those trucks drove by. That's one example out of a hundred.

I used to have this theory that life is predetermined...or has already been written...or has actually already happened and we're just part of a recording being played back. Sometimes the recording jumps ahead in our minds before it's able to play out. It's a glitch. Compelling proof that we are in fact in some sort of simulation.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: nrd101

Greetings- I was just thinking of You/this when I saw the new Google™ commercial for chrome™ I was actually laughing out loud.. Watch it (or not..) to see the brain as it is 'washed' . Most are the Ones at the end of the ad, looking "up" at who it is "they" worship.

That commercial is this thread in action.

The pyramid only lessens when the big Star, Katy Perry is playing the Egyptian Goddess is in FULL VIEW...

BIG RED TRUCK

signs, signs, every where there are SIGNS...

Cut the strings/ cut the chain that binds You (Or anyBody human or NOT violating Your FREE space, that FREE space includes Your WILL..) This is a violation throughout the whole galaxy and 'they' have probably been sent out/cast aside that is why 'they' want Your 'body'..

If You didn't invite them, whether in a conscious; other than conscious mind then it is what??? It goes under the water and it may be painted yellow. what is it?

It begins with words and then it leads to other things...

top topics

join