It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supertyphoon Phanfone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Japan is going to take hit from possible Supertyphoon Phanfone. Its currently category 5 typhoon, and its intensifying all the time. Its predicted to hit Japan on 5th of October. Its expected to lower to category 1 typhoon before it hits Tokyo.

NASA Visible Earth:

Japan on Alert for Strengthening Typhoon Phanfone
Residents of Japan are facing another tropical threat from strengthening Typhoon Phanfone.
The AccuWeather.com Typhoon Center anticipates Phanfone to maintain its northwest track through this weekend before curving to the northeast.
Such a track could cause Phanfone to barrel through Japan's Ryukyu Islands this weekend with mainland Japan as its eventual target early next week.
Phanfone may begin its curve to the northeast prior to reaching the Ryukyu Islands and even bypass mainland Japan to the south. However, concern is mounting for the previously stated scenario to unfold and put Japanese lives and property in harm's way.
As Phanfone heads toward the Ryukyu Islands, it will remain in an environment conducive for strengthening and become a powerful typhoon.
Accuweather

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Slapping that fault line with waves might cause some problems. It might happen right before it hits.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Fuku anyone?

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: DogMeat
Fuku anyone?

Fukushima is safe, as typhoon probably goes along the southern coast of Japan. It may even miss the Japan, as there is change it curves to east before landing. It has interesting route though, it may bring storm to Alaska.

But even as category 1 storm, it will cause lot of damage if it hits in Tokyo area. It has now wind speed of 213 km/h (59 m/s) and 259 km/h (72 m/s) in gusts. Good that there is no islands on its route before Japan.

You can see its size in earth.nullschool.net...

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Oh boy, this will hurt the Kansai area, hope my girlfriend is save... I should phone her.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: aLLeKs
Oh boy, this will hurt the Kansai area, hope my girlfriend is save... I should phone her.

I see that pun.

Well anyway, the storm has been lowered to category 4 typhoon, but there is new tropical storm forming behind its tail, W19, its route seems to go bit more south than Phanfone.

Latest data shows that Phanfone is going to miss Japan, its going to go along the south coast, still going dangerously close to Yokohama and Tokyo.

Latest infrared satellite picture, MTSAT jma.go.jp

Source

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Phanfone has left the Japan and its going to Pacific Ocean. One American soldier has died in Okinawa and 2 are missing. Also one surfer is missing.

new topics

top topics

join