It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China and their communist ways coming back to life?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I found this interesting article, which really is just a direct transcript of a video from "China Uncensored", but found it on the Epoch times.

Link to Epoch times.

Basically it explains from a good journalists point of view what 'may' be happening right now in China. Even going as far as one 'political' party trying to stage another Tiananamen square incident, and what Mao did when communism was at it's height.

And since people saw an envoy of 10 extra tanks rolling into Hong Kong right before the NPC announced they’d be taking away universal suffrage, I think its blood on the streets they want—another Tiananmen Square massacre.

Jiang Zemin got into power in the first place because of the massacre. If they can manufacture another one in Hong Kong, that would be a huge blow to Xi Jinping. Xi would become the face of whatever happens in Hong Kong. He would have to clean all that up, and that would make it harder for him to continue going after his political enemies.

And if Xi is destabilized enough, it could even be a chance for Jiang’s faction to regain power. Hong Kong is becoming a powder keg and this might have been an attempt to throw the match that would set it off. And if the people of Hong Kong aren’t careful, they could be playing right into the hands of some pretty bad guys.

While the rest of the world stares at ISIS, whom now is labeled at ISIL? Or IS? Or what ever... China, the upcoming super power is on the brink of being torn apart by some old dudes trying to gain power.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Looking at their site it has all the resembles of another so called "independent" West sponsored organization like there are many more regarding other countries which are in the vizier of The West...just saying.

It seems The West has stepped up hugely with these kinds of sites lately.

And with MSM being more and more shunned by lots of people...

"If you can't beat them, join them."

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   
That's a Load a Crap News Reporting.
There no Tanks Rolling in on the people.
It's true my old home land reigned on it's Word to allow election with out their interference, But they should have known that would happen.
China will never allow Hong Kong to be out from under their total control.

Here is a little news from the area from a news source in the US.

At the moment, the Chinese strategy appears to be to wait out the protesters and hope that public support fades away. There have been no signs so far that Beijing is planning the type of heavy-handed response that it adopted 25 years ago when it declared martial law and rolled tanks through the streets of the Chinese capital to quash student-led protests.

How current President Xi chooses to respond to this new challenge will be revealing.

CBSnews
Yes it will and so far from what I've read out of Hong Kong, The Chinese Central Committee as been perfectly happy to allow the local Government in Hong Kong to handle this problem.

But keep this in mind, China is The People's Republic of China and they have no desire to change their form of Government and Will Not be Pushed into a Change.
China does not care what America, Russia, the UK or anyone else thinks of them and their policies.

edit on 2-10-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: guohua

Right.

So an alternative news source is wrong?
I am sure there are some truths in there, such as tanks rolling into Hong Kong.
So what else is wrong about the video?

military pressence seen in Hong Kong

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Those are Not Tanks, For Crying Out Loud
I told you Beijing will not be Told How to Handle Their Colony.
Beijing Will Not Allow Disobedience and the Disruption of the Financial District which is so vital to China.
Any Fool can understand that.

Something else you need to understand, China has had a large Naval Base and Army Base Stationed in Hong Kong sense the British left.

Also those are Personnel Carriers Not Tanks.
China will not have another Tiananmen Square crackdown like that of June 4, 1989 and by the way, I was there.
No, China if Needed by the Hong Kong Government will come in by show of Force on the ground and Drag them off and Prosecute them for Disruption and Treason.
The leaders will spend Many, Many Years in Prison.
The only real Blood Shed, will be Cracked Skulls from the ones to Stupid to just run away or surrender.
Hong Kong is not America, They do not own Weapons or have the Rights Americans Have, so don't even think about That!

You're Not Going To See People In China, Rising Up and Defending The Protester's in Hong Kong or Go To Prison For Them!

This is the Best Advise The Protester's have Got'en and I'm Very Surprised, Knowing The Central Government of Beijing as well as I do, That they kept their hands out of this as long as they have.
Here is the advise:

Leung said the authorities would continue to tolerate the protests as long as participants did not charge police lines, but urged them to stop their occupation of much of the downtown area.

"I urge students not to charge into or occupy government buildings. ... It's not about my personal inconvenience," he said. "These few days the protesters' occupation of key areas of the city has already seriously affected Hong Kong's economy, people's daily lives and government functioning."

AP news
Now you what to know how I know so much about China and the People's Republic of China's Communist Government and the workings of Beijing.
I met my husband who is an American through my job by the way.
Here would be the agency I worked for.

There will be NO Replay of Tiananmen Square. But the Students need to understand, they can not Win all their Demands and Certainly Not any Demand That Will Require China To Loss Face!!!

edit on 2-10-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
china is a republic.

a republic of representatives who are not elected, but rather appointed, by the party. it has little to do with communism, I believe the republican romans had a similar system.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: guohua

weapons wouldn't do much more than get them branded terrorists, and excusing an evacuation of much of the population to concentration/interment camps.

and from there all they'd have to do is cut off the food supply, and the rebels would starve.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: NonsensicalUserName

Just because it is a Republic (which simply means that there is no Monarch - nothing else) doesn't mean it cannot be a Communist state, or any flavour for that matter.

France is a Republic, North Korea is a Republic, Ireland is a Republic and the USA is a Republic - all with very different forms of Government.

Now, I would agree that China is not a "communist" country, as they have a lot of free enterprise and other "non-communist" idea's, but it is certainly a single-party dictatorship.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason

which isn't communism, it's totalitarianism.

which is communism as far as certain people in the west are concerned..

Possibly born out of Marx's "Dictatorship of the Proletariat", which was basically supposed to be a provisional order that would basically do the whole "40 acres and a mule" routine for the working class.

Of course marx never exactly advocated violent revolution either(that was Lenin), and tended to support mass-demonstration and political action.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: NonsensicalUserName

It's a Mercantilism.

China's Economic Mercantilism

As the Information Technology and Innovation Foundation (ITIF) writes in Enough is Enough: Confronting Chinese Economic Mercantilism, through the mid-2000s Chinese economic policy largely focused on actively encouraging foreign direct investment (FDI) in the country, promising to be a low-cost production platform for foreign multinational corporations (MNCs).

But by 2006, that began to change, as China made the strategic decision to shift away from attracting the commodity-based production facilities of foreign MNCs toward a “China Inc.” development model focused on helping Chinese firms, often at the expense of foreign firms. The path to prosperity and autonomy now became “indigenous innovation” (in Chinese, zizhu chuagnxin), with a focus on helping Chinese firms move up the value-chain to higher-value-added production activities.

To get there, China has embraced economic mercantilism on an unprecedented scale, using a wide array of policies to assist Chinese firms while discriminating against foreign establishments attempting to compete in China.

new topics

top topics

join