It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UPDATE: Steroid, Prescription Drug Ring Bust Nets Corrections Officers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
From the town that brought you kids for cash, we now have operation candy cane! Oh little do people know how deep the corruption is around here. But rather then speculate and me tell you what I've witnessed growing up here first hand, because some of it is kinda gross... I'll stick to the facts for now. However expect more from this little town and its sister city Scranton.

I did however start a thread about Joe Biden and the Hillary because they are from this area... Let me just tell you the good ol boy networks and wise guys are still strong and kicking in this area.

local news station

WILKES-BARRE — Thirteen people were arrested Wednesday morning as part of “Operation Gym Candy” are accused of taking part in two drug rings that sold steroids and prescription drugs.

How do drugs and cellphones and nikes get into jail you ask? Well the same way drugs get I to the country! The police and alphabet agencies bring em in! Here we have an example of In the microcosm!

edit on 10/1/2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   
They were allowed to go without even posting bail. So they are being charged but do normal citizens get smashed with bail or lockups? One had a "brief stint with the Dallas Cowboys this summer", money really is too alluring. S + F

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

I'm telling you this area is really really bad.

You should see what the FBI has been doing here in the past five years. It's bust after bust after bust and its corruption, drugs, Italians, judges everything. They are watching our city council and everything. There used to be a point in history where you couldn't bid on commercial jobs in the area.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I bet. I used to live right over the NY state border and I would often hear about the corruption in that place. I can't say anywhere else in the country is better though, the entire place is corrupt usually from the clerk all the way up to the top.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

I agree.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   

When the corruption is too ingrained they revoke the cities charter. Google mountain view/rough and ready GA.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
There are some cities that just plain corrupt. You mentioned the FBI. Wonder why they didn't clean them up years ago?

It's the same here in Chicago- things are SO bad and yes there are a few arrests but not nearly enough.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Daughter2

I think what happens in cases like Chicago is they sacrifice (allowing the fall/arrests) of people to make the public think there is still a handle on big corruption. Meanwhile the ones who truly orchestrate/carry out/serve still have some time to sleep in their comfy beds. Lots of time.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   

I am shocked I tell you shocked!!!!/sarc

top topics

join