It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cartoon "Shark's Tale" evidence of gay agenda

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
In the US, some have been vocal about a 'gay agenda'. What is that agenda? Mandatory matching belt and shoes? I don't know, but apparently, The American Family Association, says that the popular movie, "Sharks Tale", is trying to normalize the agenda by subterfuge. How does ultra-liberal Hollyweird, the crafty creators at DreamWorks, try to fool kids into having tolerance for gays? By cleverly using a character that is a vegetarian, as a metaphor for being a homosexual.

Something's Swishy About Shark Tale
Cartoon Primes Kids with a Pro-Homosexual Message

Movie Review by Ed Vitagliano
November 17, 2004

(AgapePress) - It is an axiom for many parents that, when it comes to teaching kids what they need to know, "It's never too young to start."

What happens when Hollywood applies the same axiom to teaching young people -- even children -- to accept homosexuality?

That appears to be the case in the DreamWorks animated film Shark Tale, released in theaters in October. While it won't take in the money of last year's Disney/Pixar hit Finding Nemo, the DreamWorks story of life under the sea netted almost $119 million in its first 17 days in theaters.

A Son Who's 'Different'
In developing this allegory, Shark Tale uses all of the familiar Hollywood plot devices, beginning with the son who is "different," and who fails to measure up to the cultural standards of manhood.

Lenny's mannerisms and voice tend toward the effeminate, notes a review by Scott Tobias in The Onion A.V. Club, but that's not the worst of it. For in sharkdom, masculinity is measured by one's proficiency as a meat-eater.

Lenny, however, just doesn't seem to get it. At a public restaurant with his two boys, Lino tells Lenny: "I don't know how else to say this to you, Lenny. You see something, you kill it. You eat it. Period .... That's what sharks do. That's a fine tradition. What's the matter with you?"

A shark who isn't a killer is not "normal," and this deficiency in his son is starting to embarrass Lino. "I'm hearing things," he tells Lenny. "You gotta understand, when you look weak it makes me look weak."

The real problem, of course, is that Lenny isn't a meat-eater. In fact, he's a closet vegetarian, and Lenny understands just how unnatural that is for sharks. He's ashamed, and that guilt deepens when he later overhears his father complain, "What's wrong with that kid? Why's he gotta be so different?"
American Family Association

Of course the irony is, that they use a character who is not a meateater to portray the gay character.

All sarcasm aside, it's like the freakin' Red Scare in the 50's! Gays everywhere! Of course, we know what McCarthyism led to. Or is it like 'race music'? Rock and Roll was feared by some to lead to the intermingling of blacks and whites in the US.

I just pray the US isn't taken over by self-righteous bigots, and that this is just the outcry of some wackos, and not the thoughts and ideas of many Americans.

EDIT: Title messed up

[edit on 7-12-2004 by curme]

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   
First off I have to offer an apology to you - I thought the article was a joke and not meant to be taken seriously. Boy was I wrong.

What is it with this preoccupation with homosexuals and their supposed secret plan for world domination? What did Freud say - sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

I've seen this movie with my kids and I gotta tell you it was a cute story about not fitting in. Could it be applied to gays - sure. But it could also be the girl who likes baseball instead of Barbies, the black kid in the all white school or the computer geek in a gym class full of jocks. That's the beauty of stories like this, they speak to anyone and everyone.

IMO if this movie makes this guy think of a homosexual trying to gain acceptance - it's time he followed this little shark's example and came out.

B.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   
erm... the article mentions a review by a The Onion writer. The Onion is a satirical website that makes fun of current social trends. They have a 'homosexual agenda' series of articles, inclluding another one which an anti-gay lobby group took for a serious article. This obvious and embarrassing slip should give you an idea as to the quality of Ed Vitagliano's movie reviews

join