It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just need to get this off my chest.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: solemind4

but who should care besides you?

I dont know what you expected, but its every ones own business what they listen to. I hate the whole "wake people up" mentality. Well not hate, but I dont believe in it. Usually people are just as "awaken" in their own mindsets. What ever led them to feel the way they do was an "awakening".

If they dont hold any beliefs on anything, then you can inform them WHEN THEY ASK.

Its really none of your business what people think and feel. Its great when people agree with you. Its not an issue when they dont. Thats entirely on you.

One more thing....dont use Facebook for that type of stuff. Thats just my advice to you. Post pictures of a vacation for your family, talk to people and stay in touch if you like, but dont go on a social crusade. People will resent that. We are inundated already with the forced beliefs of others. Its one thing if people GO TO an alternative media site. Its another to invade their lala land with tones of seriousness and your take on their responsibility.

Do as you will, but just consider what I said. Also, are your freinds your friends because they agree with you ? or because they are your friends. Let them make fun of you. I would and I would still love you if I was your friend.

Be well, hold it down.

edit on 10 2 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Thank you for the advice it is something I will keep in mind. It was the first time I ever went on a rant like that on facebook. I totally agree that people have a value to their own opinion and that was something that I said in my post on FB. We live in the information era for a reason and we have the things that help people get the most out of what is going on today.

and you are right, When I wrote my rant I was just upset because they basically called me an idiot. Trust me I understand that best friends give each other S#%$, because we can. I just wanted them to understand that I am not as "dumb" as they think I am.

Thank you again

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

dont get me wrong. I completely understand how you could feel.

Long ago I got totally trapped by the Chemtrails conspiracy topic. For some terrible months I was convinced, deep in heart, the chemtrails were up there expanding poisoning us. I tried to warn everyone I trusted and cared for about the subject.

They mostly laughed at me and mocked me.

One day I, lets say, reversed-thought chemtrails and got to topple the idea off my mind. now I think chemtrails are just contrails and indeed a form of regular, non-regulated yet, sky pollution.

Chemtrails aside, I understand how it feels to try to
legitimately wake someone up and have them mock you.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Have you learned any lessons from this SM4? Have a think about it and then you can move on from it.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Excellent post! I too am new here, and trying to find my balance, my footing between the "We're All Gonna Die!" types and the "We Need To Do SOMETHING!" folks.

I never joined Facebook. It looked lame and juvenile, and too many acquaintances with other Agendas were pushing me too hard to join. So I never did, and now I'm glad. Snoopy Strangers don't have access to my every daily "movement" or pet's sneeze. And "targeted advertising" can't suddenly flood my Internet pages with endless "elimination health advice" and expensive Canadian pet-meds.

And don't put yourself down for so-so grades and "not living up to your potential". Public schooling never lived up to YOUR needs, leaving you (like me many years ago) bored and unchallenged. But we're the Stealth types: smarter than most people think, quiet and methodical instead of flashy with the stupid quips and attitude. Us Stealthy Student types may just quietly figure out more problems faster, than the six-figure salary political types, who haven't an idea what "critical thinking" and "problem solving" are all about.

I loved your rant, and I too have learned to ignore the Lamestream Media and do my own research on subjects that interest me. I don't participate in social media beyond enjoying male celebrities on Twitter. But from what I hear from folks on Facebook and other Group Think sites, sounds like there are "shills" in every group who try to "shame" you to stop thinking about or pursuing certain things.

I've recognized a general "innovation suppression" in this country anyway at this time in history. So what I'm saying, is that I suggest you figure out who the "suppression shills" are in whatever group you hang out with - in person or in social media - and watch them carefully. Don't be afraid to challenge their "shame/suppression", and watch if they treat others the same way. Good Folks have been too quiet for too long, shrinking into the shadows to not create ripples of dissent and chance bad feelings. It's high time we stand up - as you have done - and take back our lives and country!

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

We've all been there. A friend should have you back..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join