It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just need to get this off my chest.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: solemind4

I'd say stick informing people. Ask to talk to people about it personally. Inform them. You will be met with some failure as expected but that's no reason to stop. It hurts, it always will. You can make a difference and it's about time we all do. Word is getting out. We just need to speed it up. The control over us and monitoring by ABC agents and corporations is very strong so damage regardless is to be expect. Just know that any false flag can have Americans burning with patriotism and would be a major set back for your cause. We just gotta spread the message.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

****************************************************************************************************************************************************** **********************
Maybe you are looking at it the wrong way.

Am I experiencing the same thing from you as you are this person? You wrote your opinion, should I be annoyed that you wrote how you feel.

****************************************************************************************************************************************************** **********************

^^^ Original reply

I have mistaken your reply to someone in the thread as being a reply from the OP. The context in which I wrote this was incorrect. I apologize.
edit on 1-10-2014 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

Fantastic comment. Pull an 'American politics' on your "friends"

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Some are commending you but, I'm sorry, I can't.

You did realise it was facebook before you considered posting this, right? Because you seem to assume with this rant that the rest of use don't have to deal with the exact same # every day...

It's why I'm not on facebook and why my old "friends" are not my friends anymore just as well.

Perhaps I should congratulate you but when it comes to that part of society I guess I'm just bitter because reading your post is all too recognisable indeed. While we're worried for the rest of the planet, they're watching ball and drinking beer, having a laugh at our but also their own expense... It makes me even more depressed than I already am just thinking about the inevitable societal confrontation if we ever want to change things for the better, because the current action-takers are obviously not on our side, and they're getting the support from the very same people they see as their enemies...

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Be more subtle.

Slip in a little of the anti-Kool-Aid at a time into the least suspicious places.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Thanks for your rant , and i fully agree with you , i used to post a lot of stuff about the errors in society on facebook , people responses where from are you crazy to are you depressed and what not.

Here you have a social media platform where people share quite insulting video's and stuff about woman , people etc.
yet i am being labelled crazy if i post something i find important , or interesting and most of the time has more content then the bieber drunk n drive stories people post.

I have a few people in my friendslist who post this stuff , the thing they have in common is that these people are the underdogs on facebook , people mostly will not like their posts because if some one clicks like all their friends will see it and think he/she is crackpot too.

Since i like to analyse stuff , in terms of people's behaviour , after only days on facebook i realised this is nothing more than a social ranking ladder , the more likes you get the higher you are up this ladder , and thus gives a false idea that some one might be more important.

And this is why people wont click the like button on often important cases as mentioned by the OP , because they find themself at the risk of being outed from the cool group.

But i cannot really say this kind of behaviour is suprising, almost every animmal on this planet who live in groups and have a social hierarchy use some sort of ranking system.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Don`t bother about likes, stars, flags, etc., the idea is out there and you planted the seed. They have reacted so they have read it. It doesn`t matter if they don`t understand it just yet, it`s in their heads. One day they will notice things and without knowing where it came from they will couple it to your words.

Just keep doing it and more people will wake up eventually.

And remember there will always be idiots, but they are not the majority.
edit on 2-10-2014 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:38 AM
link   
1000 Facebook 'friends' aren't friends... they're an ad campaign or a wholly-owned subsidiary of a personal popularity contest.

How could you possibly keep track of that many people, follow their lives, and/or want to know what they, in turn, were interested in?

I keep my FB friends count down below 20 or so, and there's only about a dozen that I sincerely want to hear from and keep track of on a regular basis.

And none of them laugh at my posts, although they may be ignored because, let's face it, people are busy. We have, however, had some epic debates over the years on certain subjects.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I get you...that's depressing put that way. But let's see it in a more global way.

I do believe we live numerous lives. We come from the source, learn and experience, and go back to this 'God' or whatever you call it. Let's say for example we go from A to Z in many many lives and then go back to the source. Earth and its learning and experience possibilities for our soul might be only from A to F. After we complete our earthly 'classes' we're ought to go to 'higher vibration world' for the following learnings. So the vast majority of beings here wouldn't cope with your enlighting talk because they're simply not a this stage of their learning. And when they'll be, they're gona switch to a higher ground. You just can't talk much chemistry in elementary school; some will get it, most won't... That why I believe this world has just so much 'range' in peace love and fraternity.

But, NEVER stop to seed: it will grow, just don't expect a quick result

Hey that's what I do believe anyway from my little 'road' so take any of it if it 'resonate' within.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   
This kind of post always makes me wonder just how much corruption and pain it will take before people stand up and shout. Maybe (just a spur of the moment thought) we should first remind people that we can change anything we don't like here in America. And then discuss the problems. Maybe Americans forgot that they are Americans? I wouldn't be surprised...God knows the government tries to convince them otherwise.

edit on 10/2/2014 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   
It's the nature of most social media... FB, Twitter. It's TLDR to just not much interest in anything more than memes or fun picture or daily activity updates.

While ATS is more accepting to meaningful thought, etc. There still looms the social media-like comments, posibly crossing over from that due to growing popularity of the site.
"Omg It's fake!!!"-opinion with no facts or sources= 50 stars and numerous comments if not just star agreement and follow up conversation swayed in that direction
Though-out reply with sources= 1 star if lucky and pretty much ignored

If one wants ratings, stars, likes,etc., what are they going to share?
edit on 2-10-2014 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   

First, thanks for not letting these sorts of responses to your message stop you. When people respond they way your friends have, sure it hurts, but you have to take it on chin. We have to respect the opinions of others. I have had similar responses from people I expected more from myself, including family.

I have sibilings who wants me to take an interest in everything they are interested in but will not show the slightest interest in anything I am interested in such as 911, UFO etc etc. At best I get a smirky cynical smile and a change of subject but that's life, just suck it up and keep going.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Same boat here. If i talk to most friends or relatives i get same response. Worse yet they get mad if i correct them on anything going on. I recently asked one friend why he got so mad. He said because i was insulting his intelligence when i say he is wrong. even though i don't say he is wrong straight out. I just give a fact to dispute. I said and i am not supposed to be insulted by him implying i am wrong. ( I am not insulted i do not take it that way i was just saying ) He said i never thought of it that way. WOW only he has a valid opinion and only he was entitled to feelings as well. I said why can't we have a conversation without you considering it arguing. Where we both have opinions to share and get to the meat of things. He said he didn't like to talk about such subjects. He brought it up. So he must just have wanted to be heard and have the only opinion. I was just supposed to agree with him. WOW. So i think also if they love their gov or sports team or whatever so much you must not say anything bad or you are insulting him again. Some people just won't listen to others opinions they just want theirs validated. Hard to be friends that way if you can not talk.Some people are not open to leaning anything new from anywhere other than their current sources of information. Flat worlders. BUT here is a great spot to express yourself, i like it here very much.

So don't let it get you down to much, you are not alone. So many ignorant people out there they seem to be the majority. Depressing yes but it is not you don't take it personally.

Welcome to ATS again.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Now you know why you are here, and why most of us are here. On any given day, we find the same situation, not just on Facebook, but face to face. It makes people uncomfortable to discuss such things. Like the thought police are hovering over their shoulder waiting to pounce if they agree with you and begin to question everything. Doesn't mean there won't be naysayers here on ATS as well, but you have stumbled upon a site with the most open minded people, and the most civil discussion (with a few exceptions) that there is on the internet. Welcome.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   

I feel your pain.

What I would say, is that there is a reason I come here to have discussions about the topics of the day, the nitty gritty underbelly of life on this planet. My friends and I are tight as a mouses rear end in terms of our friendship, but just as each of them has certain things about them which I do not understand, my interest in these things is something they do not understand. Some enjoy football, or as the mentally challenged call it, soccer. Some prefer drum and bass over heavy metal. Equally, I have opinions on political matters beyond wanting to face bludgeon parliament with a diving weight.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
True friends will always mock us no matter what

I wouldnt take it too seriously

let alone waking anyone up by posting on Facebook, je.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Well sadly that's how it is .

I know the ones who will reply to similar posts I make on my FB and they're all ATS friends. I have very few non ATS friends who are awake to the way the world really is.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveTheTrees

That is true, but their problem is they go over the edge to much.

The people that wanted to read and understand the post really took it and thought about it. and thats all i could ask for

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: learnatic

I have sibilings who wants me to take an interest in everything they are interested in but will not show the slightest interest in anything I am interested in such as 911, UFO etc etc. At best I get a smirky cynical smile and a change of subject but that's life, just suck it up and keep going.

I also have a great interest in those things and on 9/11 I brought it up (probably not smart cause most Americans are 'MERICAns and it is just annoying) but I brought up WTC7 and one of my friends was convinced that it went down due to the "heat in the ground and unstable concrete" brought it down. and he called me an antiamerican. It was quite funny if you ask me.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
It seems that when you help someone, they are quick to crap on you. They forget that you helped them before....until they need help again. That's when I'd question them about it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join