It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just need to get this off my chest.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
this morning i wrote a Facebook post about society and how we always point the finger and say "what is wrong with society" and stuff along that line but in the grand scheme of things, the ones who are saying that are allowing society to be like this are the ones saying stuff like that. It was some of the most inspirational stuff I have ever written. It was hard because I had never posted something like that publicly, but i needed to do it, it needed to be said.

I also talked about more controversial stuff like how the media controls us, The brink of a police state, and how we can never give up our freedom for security*. But my point of the article was to wake people up, maybe give them a reason to think outside the box. I posted it around noon, and it is 8 pm. out of my 1000+ facebook friends, I currently have 10 likes. I am not saying I am an attention seeker cause i'm not. I really just wanted to tell people to open their minds. They didn't have to believe every word I said or agree with me, but I wanted them to develop their own opinion. Now I don't know how many people read it, I did get some positive feedback saying that they were inspired which I was happy about because that was my goal.

The one thing that bothered me was that my best friends, who i have been friends with for many years, mocked me, made fun of me via group message. I didn't see the messages for a while because I was coaching, but when I saw them, it freakin hurt. These guys who I have always stood up for, always helped them through tough times, on one occasion an attempted suicide. Now I am not saying by any means I am the perfect person because trust me I am far from it. But I always strive to do what is best for myself and the people I care about. I'd say i'm more pissed off and disappointed in them because I have a right to express my thoughts. Honestly, for the first time over the entire friendship this is the first time i've considered them not my real friends. But I guess that's what you gotta risk to try and change things.

The main point of this little rant is that society does not want to wake up, and when they go on social media sights, if they see stuff about society or anything negative they ignore it, because they are ignorant. Please don't take this article as me whining, I was planning on writing a review about it regardless.

This will not effect my passion for trying to make the world a better place. maybe it was a little speed bump, but I believe I can do it, and sometimes thats all we need.

Thank you for reading

have a great night

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Good rant!

I don't know what to say other than, I feel you.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Elton

Apparently society isn't as ready as us. I hope one day they will. HOPE.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I totally agree with you. I have the same thing happening with some of my closest friends. They are too ignorant to wake up, yet they mock me when I hint at the idea of thinking outside the box. Its OK, they will be the ones crapping their pants later and we can say, see I told you so! And we won't share any of our stashed supplies with them because they were too cool for school when it counted.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: solemind4

I simply cannot finish this shrill whining of a "ME!, ME!, ME! person.
Heaven help us if the meaning of life has come to be this trivial, tragic and fragile.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

The one thing that bothered me was that my best friends, who i have been friends with for many years, mocked me, made fun of me via group message.

Those aren't your friends.

More like frenemies, lol. Glad you got over that little speed bump. You'll encounter lots of those here too.

Par for the course. What you will find at ATS is a lot of like minded people that think exactly the same way as you.

You_have_arrived.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

What do you expect from F@#$book clones!

Next time post a picture of your morning breakfast followed by a question of what you should wear today then give passive "thank you's" and "great idea" answers to those that comment.

I loath that site and all thoughts on it. Just be glad you will get intelligent answers here, even if this site caters to that madness also.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

i'm sorry you feel that way. I guess we are just different

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

I plan on deleting after I graduate from college. For me it is a fundraising tool for a organization I am highly involved in and am very passionate about. I have been on this site for less than 24 hours and I feel more comfortable than ever!

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I know exactly how you feel. A post about something meaningful or something that could/will adversely affect our future = 4 likes. A post of my dog looking awkwardly at the camera = 32 likes. I get mocked sometimes also, but I seriously think it's because they are too insecure or afraid of reality.

S&F

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
You have 1000+ Facebook friends?
How many would you really call friends? Maybe the ten?
If you would like more likes just post something about a cat... Lol

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Nice rant. You are correct that most people do not wish to wake up but you tried. I say let them sleep for now because they will eventually be woken up. They'll need your input and help then more than now.

A good indicator of when they begin to wake is when they start telling you that they've quit using Face-SpyBook. Then be ready to talk to them.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: solemind4
The one thing that bothered me was that my best friends, who i have been friends with for many years, mocked me, made fun of me via group message.

That's the difference between facebook and ATS. We have rules here, facebook doesn't. Things are kept to a relatively high degree of civility on ATS.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   

OP you probably forgot to post a selfie with it. j/k

It's hard, I've been called crazy and had a good friend do it at dinner with a group of people I didn't even know. She actually sat there and laughed at me. Oh well, we can only be responsible for our own actions. You tried to bring a little knowledge to people you cared about and it when belly up. Trust me you will get use to it. LOL

And just another thought from my two cents for you. This is the rant section, it's alright if it's a "me me me" rant. Rants usually are.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   

When introduced to an idea or opinion that threatens one's comfort zone many people will lash out with sarcasm or dismissive remarks.

It makes that person feel safe to deny a veiw of he world different than what is in their comfort zone. ( I read that somewhere, it was written by someone smart, not me)

Head down keep grazing.

Ignore the wolf (your op ed)

Hey, the bright side is you got 10 likes so far. You got those 10 to stop and think!

edit on 1-10-2014 by grubblesnert because: wha?!?!

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

HAHAHA could I do a dog instead? But yeah I have that many friends, I've never really gotten around to deleting those people i no longer keep in contact with. The worst part about the face$%# is that it kinda made people anti social, along with much of social media. It is so hard to find a person who will sit down and have a logical conversation or even talk about something that seems impossible, but you can question why it's impossible. That is fun.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: 2manyholes

Yeah, its to a point where I have gotten used to it. My friends think that because my grades in high school were below average that I am stupid. It's to a point where I let them do it and I laugh because they don't realize how much I know. I value the ability to understand people and read them more than I value what the square root of x is or whatever.

And i guess you are right haah it is MY rant!

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
My money says they aren't really asleep...

"You can't wake someone who is pretending to be asleep." ~ Native American Proverb

“You can’t wake a person who is pretending to be asleep” is an ancient Navajo proverb. The wisdom of this proverb has withstood the test of time and therefore it should not escape your attention today. Slow down, for just a minute, and consider it:

Meaning of “You can’t wake a person who is pretending to be asleep”

• People who are pretending to be asleep will resist being awakened because they have something to lose by ending the charade.

• People who pretend to be asleep can often lose track of what is real and what is pretend and thus cannot respond normally to situations.

• People will act as if nothing is happening when they don’t want to face the reality of the situation by pretending to be unaware or unsure despite being presented with the evidence.

You Can’t Wake A Person Who Is Pretending To Be Asleep

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid

"You can't wake someone who is pretending to be asleep." ~ Native American Proverb

“You can’t wake a person who is pretending to be asleep” is an ancient Navajo proverb. The wisdom of this proverb has withstood the test of time and therefore it should not escape your attention today. Slow down, for just a minute, and consider it:

• People who are pretending to be asleep will resist being awakened because they have something to lose by ending the charade.

• People who pretend to be asleep can often lose track of what is real and what is pretend and thus cannot respond normally to situations.

• People will act as if nothing is happening when they don’t want to face the reality of the situation by pretending to be unaware or unsure despite being presented with the evidence.

I like this^^^^^ Thanks for sharing

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid

for some reason i love this

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join