It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 New Possible US Ebola Infections

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: NoNameNeeded

THE BIGGER QUESTION IS THIS: Why are we (America) continuously allowing plane flights to come in from Monrovia, Liberia, Sierra Leone and Guinea where Ebola is running rampant? This current Ebola situation in America should be raising some red flags and we need to stop ALL flights coming here from these places where Ebola is present.
edit on 1-10-2014 by Vrill because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vrill
4. Mosquitos can spread infections from person to person, by biting an infected person and then biting an uninfected person. This is a fact.

Crap... crap... CRAP!

I can't tell you how many mosquitoes I've been bitten by just in the past week while watering my garden. (I actually have a severe allergic reaction to mosquito bites and they swell up and spread out to as much as 7 inches!)

I'm wondering: how far can mosquitoes travel?
I ask because I'm in West TN. We're really not too far from TX.
edit on 1-10-2014 by UseHerName because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Now think about this: This guy (Patient Zero in Dallas) came into contact with people on airplanes and in airports along the way. In hotels and cabs. All those people were potentially exposed, and went on their way to infect others. This guy touched door handles and other surfaces that hundreds or thousands of other people touched. He breathed out into the closed container environment of the airplanes in which he flew. And so on.

1. Sneezing puts droplets of spit into the air and onto surfaces. This is a fact.

2. Coughing projects droplets of spit into the air and onto surfaces. This is a fact.

3. Speaking closely within a few feet of another person can project liquid droplets of spittle onto them. This is a fact.

4. Mosquitos can spread infections from person to person, by biting an infected person and then biting an uninfected person. This is a fact.

Now, do you still believe all the B.S. that is being shoveled at you by the government and media about Ebola?

And of course, the most important fact is that this virus is not spread unless you are symptomatic. He was tested before leaving, and upon arrival as well. He was not symptomatic. Therefore, not contagious.

So all the facts you just stated really don't mean anything in regards to this particular infected Ebola patient.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
This video is an insane amount of misinfo.

First it suggests he caught it on the plane and then says he was free ten days after gis hospital visit. In reality he no doubt caught it from contact in Liberia and it was three days between his firat visit and when he was isolated.

After those two tidbits I didnt need to see more.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: UseHerName

Crap... crap... CRAP!

I can't tell you how many mosquitoes I've been bitten by just in the past week while watering my garden. (I actually have a severe allergic reaction to mosquito bites and they swell up and spread out to as much as 7 inches!)

I'm wondering: how far can mosquitoes travel?
I ask because I'm in West TN. We're really not too far from TX.

NO. Tgis is not a fact. Mosquitos cannot spread ebola or any disease they arent vectors for from biting one person then moving to the next.

It is a FACT that its NOT true.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: pandersway

That's garbage uou are telling people. If someone is infected with Ebola there is no cure and they need a hospital. If they followed your advice they'd die.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Vrill

Whoa there partner...

1 However, laboratory work indicates mosquitoes are unlikely to be transmitters of Ebola virus.

From a google scholar search summary of:

Mosquitoes and People: Environmental Ethics Concerns

And

The susceptibility to infection of arthropod taxa can be assessed by virus replication after intrathoracic inoculation of virus. Turell et al. [8] reported that EBO virus, subtype Reston (EBO-R), failed to replicate in Culex or Aedes mosquitoes and in Ornithodoros ticks. However, Kunz et al. [9] previously reported that MBG virus could persist in Aedes mosquitoes for 3 weeks or more, indicating that certain arthropods exposed towasp.Altho the virus could be transient or persistent carriers of infection. Many potential blood-feeding arthropod vectors (phlebotomine flies, culicoids, ixodid ticks, mites, fleas, and wingless flies associated with bats) have not been tested by experimental inoculation. The susceptibility of insects used by humans or wild vertebrate reservoir hosts as a source of food (including termites, moths, and larvae [grubs]) also has not been explored. As will be discussed below, there has been recent speculation about the possible role of leafhoppers in filovirus ecology; therefore, experimental studies should determine the host range of EBO virus for plant-feeding bugs.

So mixed results of very incomplete studies. All subtypes need to be tested against all possible vectors present within the potentially affected area(s).

EBO and MBG viruses are similar in genome organization and have extensive sequence homology but do not share cross-reactive antigens [33]. The ecology of EBO viruses is certainly more complex than that of MBG. Operational hypotheses on the ecology of EBO virus must take into account the factors discussed below.

Geographic distribution
At least 4 genetic subtypes of EBO virus have been recognized: Zaire (EBO-Z), Côte d'Ivoire (EBO-CI) [34], Sudan (EBO-S) [35], and EBO-R. EBO-R was recovered in the Philippines [36] and from monkeys imported from the Philippines to the United States and Europe.

The occurrence of a distinct EBO virus subtype in the Philippines has important implications for filovirus ecology, since it implies that EBO group viruses may have been carried by migratory hosts at some point in their evolution.

Ecology of Marburg and Ebola Viruses: Speculations and Directions for Future Research

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

However, laboratory work indicates mosquitoes are unlikely to be transmitters of Ebola virus.

*UNLIKELY*

I don't know about you, but I'd rather not take that chance.

Would you like to find out for the sake of "Science"? I wouldn't.

Besides, we have no clue how Ebola will manifest in different regions of the world. Meaning it could mutate and be a lot more than what it was/is over in Africa. So i take the "African Ebola version" with a grain of salt, for now.
edit on 1-10-2014 by Vrill because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

How about high doses of vitamin C? Is Ebola like scurvy? Robbing the body of clotting agents due to lack of V-C?

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Meaning it could mutate and be a lot more than what it was/is over in Africa.

I know, trust me.

Take a look at my post histort for the past month or so.

Ebola has mutated much since it's original outbreaks in the 70s, it has mutated much since it bagan in december.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
What about MMS? Is this one of the things it knocks out? I know they keep shutting down a lot of their sites, but pretty sure it could still be ordered if so??

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: guitarplayer
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

How about high doses of vitamin C? Is Ebola like scurvy? Robbing the body of clotting agents due to lack of V-C?

No.. scurvy is a vitamin c deficiency, Ebola is a virus. You can't cure viral infections, just treat them and sometimes vaccinate and immunize against them.

There is no home remedy. If someone has it they go to the hospital and fight, or the almost assuredly die.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Not sure about the source or the CDC saying they're going to stop Ebola with this patient. How many people did he come in contact with from the time he entered the airport until he entered the hospital? More than zero.

There is a chance that there will be more Ebola cases and that's a very frightening thought. Yikes.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow

NO. Tgis is not a fact. Mosquitos cannot spread ebola or any disease they arent vectors for from biting one person then moving to the next.

It is a FACT that its NOT true.

I believe you are wrong. Yellow fever and dengue are spread by mosquitos.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   

I believe you are wrong. Yellow fever and dengue are spread by mosquitos.

You believe wrong. I am right. Yellow fever and Dengue and West Nile and Malaria are all spread by mosquitoes, but not because a mosquito landed on someone with the illness and then landed on someone else and spread it. Mosquito spread those diseases because they are vectors for those diseases. They are not vectors for Ebola and they can't spread a disease from feeding on an infected person and then feeding on another person.

When a mosquito bites someone it does not inject it's own blood or the blood of anything it's fed on prior. This is well known.

You should actually research before A.) saying someone is wrong when they are right, and B.) misleading others and fear mongering. I don't mean to come off as a pretentious jerk or a know it all, but I am not wrong.
edit on 2-10-2014 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Arguing semantics now I see, LOL.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Mercola is inflamatory to the point of ridiculousness. Does the Natural News have some good information on it? Sure, but you have to do so much googling for original source material, then decide that half the time it's a time-suck.

I can't tell you the times he's linked to a study and if you find the original abstract it turns out the the number of people in the study are so low that the only conclusion that can be made is that whatever it was "may warrant" further study.
In fact many times the study's original authors say the same, but Mercola goes running off with it like it's gospel.

That said -

He has brought good things to light like the colloidal silver, the ocillio-stuff for pre-empting the flu and a few more.

The fact we are still as a nation not shutting down our borders to prevent Ebola from spreading is ludicrous. You'd of thought the SARS drama would have taught us, but no here we go again!!

Now off to see what the local news in DFW has to say....
Good thread....S&F

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: 2manyholes

Most Americans can't even point out China on a map...you think they know where Liberia is?..She had no clue--

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Ebola Patient throwing up Everywhere on way to hospistal

Quarantine? or house arrest?

These are the most recent. I think you should be punished a little for using some questionable sources as of late, Vril, but I kind of agree with you when you point out "cnn is more real somehow? why? so when we provide links from alternative news sources people want MSM sources or else it is not true somehow? I'm just saying we know mass media is a cog in the wheel.

If anything UP to 80 people are infected because thats how many he has been found to have had contact with. but saying there is 12 new cases of ebola is misleading and fearmongering. I'm sure there are more

edit on 2-10-2014 by nrd101 because: i edited it ok?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join