It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lockdown at Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base Fort Worth - Update: Lifted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Updated at 3:43 p.m.: A spokesman at the Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base Fort Worth confirms that the base is on partial lockdown after an unauthorized vehicle drove onto the base.

Petty Officer Second Class Nathan Gomez in the base's the public affairs department says that at 3 p.m., the vehicle -- identified elsewhere as a white Ram pickup -- drove on to the base. As soon as that happened, says Gomez, security closed all gates.

Just before 3:40 p.m., all outbound lanes were reopened -- but, says Gomez, "all vehicles will be searched" as they leave the base. The incident, he says, "remains under investigation."
Unauthorized vehicle prompts lockdown at Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base Fort Worth

That's all the information there is at this time. I will update if any further news comes out.

Were these gates not guarded? Or did someone just blow past security without stopping? These are some questions that need to be answered.

I would think that you can't just drive up to a military base and drive right through unimpeded. Some kind of gates should have been in place, IMO.

UPDATE: Lockdown has been lifted as of about 10 minutes ago:

www.nbcdfw.com...

edit on 1-10-2014 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: _BoneZ_

Did anyone think to run the plates?

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
The gates at most shipyards are no more then a small button operated gate you would find at a campground there is defiantly armed personal at or near by however. Plz keep updating

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: _BoneZ_

He might have driven through the gate and not stopped at the guard station. Piggy backed in quickly behind someone else when the arm was up. Just the way it is worded. Security obviously noticed them and shut down all the gates quickly.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
That's suspicious to say the least. I hope it isn't some nutjob. I'd much rather it be Corporal Kelly, the village idiot of the base and not someone out to cause trouble.

Lots of security lapses recently. Mostly around Obama like the gatejumpers that have been featured in the news lately. Seems like a security "breach" or false flag is being set up. S + F, I agree, if the gates weren't guarded it doesn't make sense.

And if they did blow past security does anybody know if they have ways to stop the vehicle? I bet in the future they'll have EMP beams or something similar to shut down electronic equipment.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Strange, been through this gate and it is definitely guarded and from what I recall has the measures to stop unauthorized cars coming thru. Forgive my ignorance in the name of them but it is those poles in the ground that can be shot up from inside the guard shack. Not to mention the guy some odd yards past the entrance holding the benelli with the wish a # would face... It has been 2-3 years since, maybe things have changed.
Strange indeed

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Update: Lockdown has been lifted as of about 10 minutes ago.

www.nbcdfw.com...

edit on 1-10-2014 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I wouldn't worry about it. A ram truck? Some putz stayed with his lady too late and decided to drive to work when he wasn't supposed to. Lockdown beats punishment for not showing on time I would assume.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   

top topics

join