It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

College Republicans try to woo young women with bizarre Rick Scott wedding dress ad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
www.rawstory.com...

e College Republican National Committee launched a new campaign aimed at young women voters on Wednesday. The debut ad is one of a series aimed at snaring young voters through the use of “culturally relevant” topics.

The Wall Street Journal reported that the digital ad campaign cost nearly $1 million in production and promotional costs and was aimed at young women in 16 key states.

The 60-second YouTube segment is styled to look like the reality TV show Say Yes to the Dress, in which brides-to-be try on different dresses for the cameras and choose one to wear on their wedding day.

In the College Republicans’ version, however, Florida voters are urged to “Say Yes to Rick Scott.”

Current governor and Tea Party favorite Rick Scott and Democratic challenger — and former Republican governor — Charlie Crist are presented as two different wedding dresses for “Brittany,” a blonde, ponytailed “undecided voter.”

Oh, yeah, this should have young college age women standing in line to sign up with the GOP. [sarcasm]

www.youtube.com...

The GOP definitely needs some writers that won't insult the intelligence of young women. That was embarrassingly lame and obviously written by some old geezer that has no idea of how young contemporary women think.

and a cool million in production/promotion costs.........wtf, for that?
edit on 1-10-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Greetings from Flori-Duh... That would be the same Rick Scott who spent $75M of "His own $$$" (actually pilfered from Alabama in a healthcare scam) for a job that pays $300k/yr. ? Remember the 'Pill Mills'? A majority of those were taken over by Gov. Scott's private business, "Concierge Drs." or 'Strip Mall Drs.' remember the former Fl. law authored by Smith-(R)-Inverness re: welfare recipients having to pass a drug screen to collect? The recipient had to pay for their own tests. At Gov. Scott's place the tests were $34.00 at Fl. hospitals the tests averaged $150.00 Where would You go?

The first numbers coming back from that failure was 3.4% tested positive and the actual numbers were 2.9%.. A lengthy investigation determined that this was a "conflict of interest" for directing traffic to His private business, this was satisfied by signing over the business to His wife, no more conflict..

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Next we will start seeing some political ads in B&W.

Some themes are so 1955-ish.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Next we will start seeing some political ads in B&W.

Some themes are so 1955-ish.

It doesn't matter if the ads are shot in B&W and looks 50ish. What matters is the message...that was pathetic.

If this is any indication of what the GOP is going to campaign with; just give it to the dembs and save your money. Who in their right mind would want to be associated with this style of pandering drivel?

If the young republicans had any sense they would pull this BS, and fast.
edit on 1-10-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

UGh that's awful. I dont know whats worse. the fact it cost a million bucks or that it was made like a HS production....or the content.

How is this a relevant topic to their target audience? Most people who you need to worry about "snagging" arent conservative and dont marry that young. They have lesbian orgies, get nipple piercings and smoke pot. That is who you need to focus on, not the women who still value their mothers advice about the world and are looking to get married before 30.

Thats a million dollars spent towards not changing the dynamic of voting that would most affect you.

edit on 10 1 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
There should be a vote for which is worse ... the wedding dress ad for the republicans, or the pajama boy obama-care ad from the democrats. Politicians come up with some real clunkers ....

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
There should be a vote for which is worse ... the wedding dress ad for the republicans, or the pajama boy obama-care ad from the democrats. Politicians come up with some real clunkers ....

www.youtube.com...

No comparison!

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
No comparison!

You are right. No comparison. The Pajama Boy ad is worse. (but not by much).

Crist is represented in the wedding dress ad. He annoys me.
Untrustworthy opportunist. Neither the republicans nor the democrats should trust him.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Wow we have the same ad here in Colorado for Bob Beauprez...

edit on 1-10-2014 by blargo because: Added state

edit on 1-10-2014 by blargo because: Fixed youtube

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Wait what ?

College kids can come up with 1 million bucks ?

Then why are they going to 'college'.

And why are they going in to debt to pay for school ?

Hell they should have used that cash to pay off their student loans.

Instead of making videos.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I am soooo glad I don't have cable.

I think there really is something to it being called the boob tube.

This is your brain...this is your brain in front of the TV..

Sorry I dont have pics.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
The ad seems to appeal to their base, I don't know how many undecided (or liberal leaning) women are going to be swayed by it.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elton
The ad seems to appeal to their base, I don't know how many undecided (or liberal leaning) women are going to be swayed by it.

It may appeal to rich young women that can afford an upscale wedding. The average cost of a wedding in Americs is $30,000 big ones. I would imagine that demographic would vote Republican anyway.

money.cnn.com...

top topics

join