It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WATCH: Florida officer Tasers 62-year-old black woman in the back as she walks away

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008
Yeah I see two ladies like 20 feet up the road, looks they are walking away. Imagining crowds to justify police violence lol.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

Imbecilic thugs with cattle prods.

Police brutality still makes my blood boil. I need to meditate.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I'm not saying that I agree with the cop's actions, but you can clearly see him attempt to make an arrest by reaching for and grabbing her arm. At that point, she decides to comply with his initial "command" and turn/pull away...Too late, at that point!

Without hearing the whole conversation up to his decision to effect the arrest, it's hard to say whether his decision was justified. Regardless of that, though, I don't believe she should have been tazed! It appears that he was just too lazy to walk three more steps and reacquire her.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: GoOfYFoOt

That would you mean you were ok with were for being under arrest for her actions which is BS.
She needs to commit or be under suspicion of a crime before she can be arrested or detained.
This cops can touch you but you can't not allow them to touch stuff just drives me crazy.

Tasers are not non lethal, they are non compliance now a days

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

TextReally you would not choose hand to hand combat with a 62 year old woman lol you would just tase her ?
a reply to: alienjuggalo

yeah hand to hand with a fiesty 62 yo woman who is disobeying your orders is really going to end well. No win situation. I never said what he did was justified. But going hand to hand means you could end up putting her in a head lock and taking her down with serious injuries.

I believe you can see he had some hands on with her but she broke free and continued to walk away. And she may be 62 but she aint in no wheelchair, had some pep in her step.

I just don't think going hands on would have been the right choice because she wasnt going down easy.

a reply to: tinner07

What video were you watching? The one that is posted does not show a growing crowd.

I guess you didnt see the people on the right, maybe 3 or 4, and then a few more walking down the street on the left?

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Why is this cop putting his hands on her in the first place?
I am sure for some bs charge of obstructing.
The 'hands on' was one reach for her arm which she obviously didn't appreciate and I don't blame her.

This cop couldn't be bothered, so he tazed her.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

You imagined a growing crowd to justify the brutality. There is no growing crowd. I only see neighbors and interested folks, and very few considering what is happening.

The city will probably end up paying out again. Funny how we get stuck with the bills coming and going, and have zero say in what our money is paying for.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
oops
edit on 1-10-2014 by deadcatsrule because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Was it just me or did it look like she smacked her head on the pavement ?

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008

You imagined a growing crowd to justify the brutality. There is no growing crowd. I only see neighbors and interested folks, and very few considering what is happening.

No I did not say the growing crowd justified the officers actions, it justified the additional squad cars/officers that arrived. and maybe they were just neighbors and interested folks, but... mob mentality. and before you start, not saying it was a mob.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lyxdeslic

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

No one wants to have someone breathing down their neck while they are arresting someone."

as much as this kinda stuff is in the news lately,think how bad it would be if people were not breathing down a cops neck

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07
But you can see the people closing in on the officers from both sides.

That woman clearly could have avoided the whole scene but decided she wanted to walk right into or through it.

One officer clearly tells her to stay back or she is going to jail.

At that point the camera cleverly pans right and keeps her of screen, at which point she is probably continuing towards the officer. The officer that eventually tasers heris seen approaching her. We don't know what he said. Perhaps he told her she was under arrest for not complying with the original officers demand to stay back?

Lets say she was told to stop and she continues walking toward the gathering crowd, If it was you behind her would you go "hands on" and risk hand to hand combat with her? allow her to disregard your order to stop and walk away? or use a non lethal device to stop her?

And still nothing you said justifies tasering an OAP whilst shes walking away unharmed and in a nonthreatening manner.

I'm saying it is the disrespectful attitudes of the people that create a lot of the police brutal actions, not all of it, but throw in the chance of mob mentality and violence and that requires additional police assets.

Maybe you live in a world that's backwards and doesn't make any sense what so ever.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lyxdeslic
No one wants to have someone breathing down their neck while they are arresting someone,

She was down the block from him when he started toward her. Hardly "breathing down his neck"!

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Lets not forget the whole reason the cops swarmed the area was to arrest a guy for...walking in the street!!!! WTF.

I have said this before but most countries in Central America are safer than ours and the reason is the cops are not the gang in Central America. Biggest gang group of thugs in the world is the fraternal order of police. Go USA.

Time to put back on that body armour I thought I was done with that stuff when I got out of the Army but cops here are some scary gun/taser and smash your face crazy if perceive you looking at them wrong.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

You are correct, from your post...

At the end of the video there were at least 6 police vehicles there. Why? Because the crowd was growing and probably prone to violence.

Do cops have pre-crime predictive abilities now? Cops escalate the scenes, then blame the civilians that pay their salary and benefits.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Why is this cop putting his hands on her in the first place?

Oh watch the video. She was told not to approach,twice. You can hear the people on the porch telling her not to come up.
She is off screen but obviously she has the attitude that she dont listen to no police. she will do what she wants.

well she paid the price. She could have very easily continued walking away. she didnt.

But I do like the way you think. If confronted by the police and being detained, just pull away and they they have to leave you alone at that point.

Personal responsibility. She put herself in that situation. Nobody else did. NOBODY but her.

she obviously wasnt walking away.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Then add the perks of forfeiture law, and we have ourselves the most powerful mafia on the planet. Obey or die. Even when they kill us for no reason they still collect a paycheck.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Did this just happen recently? If so, you would think this cop would have thought twice before tasing her from the back. I'm sure cops in the U.S. have already known about the Michael Brown shooting. After knowing the possible ramifications of shooting an unarmed teen, you would think most cops would have taken notice and used that incident as a lesson of not what to do.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

So you are ok with cops just grabbing and hooking up people that don't listen?
What is the code for not listening?

She was not breaking a law, other then some made up one in their head.
Officer shorts decided he was gonna arrest her form the moment he started talking to her, hence the b line right to her.

Cop has some personal responsibility to to handle the situation without resorting to a toll that is meant for a non lethal response.
edit on stWed, 01 Oct 2014 16:38:16 -0500America/Chicago1020141680 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Cops were in her neighborhood, not the other way around. Cops think they run #, gonna find soon enough it's not the case. Enough is enough, cops want to make enemies of all the civilians, so be it. I don't want to hear them crying when they start getting hit back.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join