It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can WE change society, together? (can't post in other forums for some reason)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Society is at a vital point in history, a point that can and will effect the future of our country and all of humanity.

I ask this question to friends on facebook and twitter, but I only get likes or favorites and it annoys the # out of me. I don't want your approval of the question I am asking, I want their honest opinion.

I feel like this is the best place to do it, because we all know it needs to happen.

So please ATS help me find the best answer to the question

What can WE do to change society together??

TextText
edit on 1-10-2014 by solemind4 because: spelling

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: solemind4

Its cause you need 20 post before you can make a thread anywhere else but here.
This is the intro section where you make a post to introduce your self, you can present your topic once you hit 20.
Welcome to the mad house, see ya around the boards

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

yeah what he said ^^ , if ya want keep posting here i'll help you reach 20 posts , so you can make threads.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
thank you! a reply to: Sremmos80

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I feel like this is the best place to do it, because we all know it needs to happen.

Actually this is the intro forum. I know you are itching, we are too.

So welcome to the site solemind4, I know you can't wait to reply twenty times so you can help us fix things.

Heres a flag. Now hit reply in my post and prove you are worthy.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Welcome. Please read the T's and C's you agreed to when joining. There are some restrictions...not many...but as a private members only forum, we do have them!
Cya!

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Welcome, It's not hard to hit 20 posts but try and make them count!

And try not to post in a topic thats about 6 years old, you will feel a bit silly when you realise your talking to people that are more than likley long gone or no longer care!

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

'What can WE do to change society together?? "

for starters. we need to stop voting for the same people over and over again. you know, the career politicians.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I guess LOVE would be the answer to your question. Keep showing your love for the people in your society ... no mather what.
And: do not accept any fear in your life.
Fear is the darkside (listen to Yoda) my friend.
And only love can conquer hate (Marvin Gaye).
Hence: express your love and things will change.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daalder
I guess LOVE would be the answer to your question. Keep showing your love for the people in your society ... no mather what.
And: do not accept any fear in your life.
Fear is the darkside (listen to Yoda) my friend.
And only love can conquer hate (Marvin Gaye).
Hence: express your love and things will change.

I have to agree and disagree with you there if I may.

I am all up for love but fear is important. Fear of bieng hit by a car means I am carefull crossing the road.

Fear of hurting someone means I think about how my words or actions may affect someone.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
It's funny that this was at the top of the recent posts...as i had just told the clerk at the store a few minutes ago that if we wanted we could change the world by uniting our thought forces as one. I think the best thing that we can do is examine our own wills and make sure we are not being motivated by selfishness and that we truly desire whatever is best ( even if we don't know what that is ). After we have done this and feel satisfied that we desire what's best ( for everyone ) we should pray that... all who are against what is right and best ( for everyone ) should be destroyed or incapacitated so that they will no longer hinder the advancement and progress of humanity. Pray hearnestly that God/The Universal Powers will come against all that would come against us and keep our own hearts and desires pure so that we are not destroyed with them.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I think its about realizing that we can all effect the world, but you should rephrase this post when you can post to the right forums, so we can really chat about it. Welcome!
edit on 1-10-2014 by tridentblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

if ya stay signed in and answered these people , you'd have 20 post quickly. just sayin'.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Welcome to the zoo . Unlike some of the monkeys that throw feces some of us will throw vids to listen too . What you take from it is a lesson and what you do with it will make a difference despite the feeling that we need a army .We are the army and they are very afraid and know it .

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I don't believe society can be changed in the way you want to change it.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Changing yourself is a good start, but after a certain point you have to figure out how to replicate the lessons you've learned for others so that you can also induce change in them. Without becoming a transformer that can create a magnetic field to induce an electric current in another being, your change ends with you.

Even if you become proactive in your own life and modify things on a very local level, it is very unlikely that you will ever inspire the kind of replication among others that is necessary to truly change the world.

Historically, men have changed the world intentionally through organized societies. Unfortunately, this leads to the rise of new tyranny in almost every case.

Today, I think, with the power of decentralized technology, we could create an app which people could download to their phones that would connect them to one another and enable them to coordinate their efforts without bending to the will of centralized authority. Look up the heterarchic structure of decentralized communication networks. I think we can replicate this as a new form of human association, a new power structure which enables us to maintain our independence without annihilating our own potential for effectiveness in this world.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: solemind4
What can WE do to change society together?

It's going to take a divine intervention.

If we were able to fix things, it would have happened by now.

Welcome to ATS BTW...

originally posted by: SenterSun
Deposing tyrants is another matter, but must be done through prayer.

originally posted by: EnochWasRight
God has an answer to the tyranny around us. That answer is to turn to the one that can help.

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

We all have four things to do. Each of us have this responsibility. If we proceed down this path, our land will be healed and our sins forgiven. God will restore the temple.

1) Humble ourselves before God and see his authority in our world.

2) Pray

3) Seek his face. This involves searching and knocking on the WORD.

4) Turn from our wickedness in the land. This includes anything that takes rather than gives. If we reverse our polarity and start giving and suffering forward for others, then God will answer our requests in prayer.

When a nation turns on its last vestiges of faith, it is doomed to fall by the tyranny it creates. The US is on the path to this tyranny.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Just made an account to reply to this thread. I in my own opinion think that the intent of ones action affect the actions of others as well as the one doing the thinking.

So one or all would have to truly have the intent to better this world putting aside greed and personal gain.

What I'm getting at, to save every one a wall of text is sadly I think society as a whole has a bit of long road ahead before it changes for the better. Now don't get me wrong society is always evolving, mutating if you will and good or bad things may come of this. But it's a while to go until we have a paradise on earth which BTW is most certainly attainable, just not yet

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Well, I agree with you 2.
:-)
You are right.
Basic fear is your friend. That's human instinct.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Best message I've gotten so far! a reply to: intrptr

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join