It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fennecus Aureus: the God of Artists, Lovers, and the Insane

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Why do people not create gods anymore? I mean, Stan Lee has his superheroes and the whole Thor line is pretty mythological. Why have we stopped doing this as a people? Do we think we have described all of the gods that could possibly exist or is it that monotheism has overshadowed the possibility of discovering new extradimensional archetypes?

Walking down the street a beggar wanders listlessly murmuring to himself. I shuffle past avoiding eye contact as I have no pocket change left to give and I would rather not hear another person make wild assertions about which biblical figure they embodied in a past life. The shadows in his face shift slightly and a smirk comes across him as he turns to me saying, "Would you like to come to choir practice with me?"

I am relatively certain this is a euphemism for something horrifying, so I nod to him while saying, "No thank you," hoping that the affirming body language will ease some of his aggressiveness. I bend suddenly forward and stomp my foot as I twist to the side pointing down the street back from whence I came and say, "Have you seen the event, they are giving out free promotional prizes." I hold up my golden pocketwatch in front of his eyes asserting, "You see? I was a lucky one. I got this timepiece. I am so glad I got there quickly enough before they ran out of prizes."

He laughs at me and says, "There is nothing in this world I want, and I certainly can't be driven there by you." I shudder as I realize I'm dealing with a maniac and turn to pull away. The light fades out of the beggars eyes and suddenly he goes about his business, murmuring to himself as if nothing ever happened.

To this day I don't know what the hell choir practice is, but I'm sure I wouldn't have enjoyed it. ;p

So, do you have any gods aching to be born from the depths of you? Each time we ascend into the netherworld we bring back a piece of the madness with us, and this madness is itself a creative spark which can be used to create new life. Do not squabble over little trinkets like these. There are many more where they came from and if we learn how to climb into the honey hole, I'm confident, we'll uncover a treasure that will uplift us for the rest of time.

Oh, as to the song above, I love the squeak in this guy's voice. It is moments like that which keep me trudging forward. Such beautiful disharmony woven into a masterpiece.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Is there a marijuana god? I would worship him.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: nrd101

Let's call him Most High.

join