It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to properly suggest a new Ebola forum or subforum?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Dear Mods,
There are many Ebola threads on ATS that represent a history along with top notch research, which will surely be helpful to anyone
who wishes to learn more about this virus. It would be even more helpful if the info was contained in one area. How can I submit a proposal that the Ebola threads be put into a sub-topic or topic?
Thanks.
edit on 1-10-2014 by drwill because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: drwill
Doing what you've just done is as good a way as any. It gives members a chance to chip in.

My own opinion FWIW (and just as a member like you, not offering any "official" ATS opinion), is that as most of the main Ebola threads are already housed in the Diseases and Pandemics forum, there's not really any need to have a special, separate forum for them. It's the only epidemic/potential pandemic around at the moment of serious concern so the majority of new threads there are Ebola related.

However, if things get out of hand and Ebola spreads far and wide, then it might be time for a rethink.

edit on 1/10/14 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Thank you for the quick reply!

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

We already have a forum for Diseases and Pandemics:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on Wed Oct 1 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe
Thank you!

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

You wont need to...it'll happen soon enough. Just like the 911 and 2012 forums...and a few others.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I'm still waiting for the final election results from the '2012 U.S. Elections' forum, and hoping against hope that my candidates and referendums win.

edit on 1-10-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger
You were very kind to reply. Thank you.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

We must quarantine the Ebola virus in it's own forum!

lol

although as was said, it is already in a pandemic forum, which is good,
but...we must separate it from everything else or it will spread to other forums....
Become airborne and then you will see it in newspapers,
on tv, everywhere!!

Oh wait...it already is.....

*ponders if AVG is good enough*

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

I needed to lighten up and smile today. Thanks!

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Ebola will.... (pardoning the pun), die out soon enough.

No need for an extended forum.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

HA! Of course I was referring to the 2012 "End of all things...because of the Mayan etc...." debate. Or...debacle?!

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

'Welcome. Not to say you can't, shouldn't bring it to the attentions of the mods. By all means...reach out to them for questions or issues. It take us all to make this site....! Peace!

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I believe you just did it, and I also agree that it should be added.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Sir, this is simply my way of seeing thing's, and is not to be ATS style advice. May I suggest that it could (Perhaps) be more acceptable if first the Zaire Virus Ebola - be explained in comaprison to maybe H5 N1. There's a few African Virus around that do cause Haemorragic Fevers etc. Why is the Ebola Virus a different shape to others? is Haemagluttin and Neuromanidase involved and Why has such not yet been classified? We hear how one teaspoonful of Oceanic water can in fact carry 14 million Viruses. How many would so be carried IF the Virus present was in fact Ebola. This would give a better descriptive as to the size of such. I personally was taught a lot concerning Bacteria and Virus posssibles when I - during my younger years - worked as Operating Theatre Technician.... If you have a stack of knowledge ref the Ebola Virus, please lay-out as much as possible now, Prevention Is Better Than Cure, and Hygiene should be drummed into all on a 24/7 basis. Just a Humble few lines, wish you luck.
edit on 1-10-2014 by steaming because: Spelling mistakes

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: steaming
This is very interesting!

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I also add my name to the calls for a separate forum

trust me we're gonna need it...

Q

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantum_Squirrel
Thank you for commenting!

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I have a couple of suggestions, FWIW:

-The Ebola related threads don't need to have it's own category on the main ATS page. They can be, IMHO, a category
WITHIN Diseases and Pandemics. That way, Ebola won't take up any more room on the Breaking News Forums page.

-Within the Diseases and Pandemics folder, the threads are all jumbled up. There are some threads at the top that are recent with a flag on the left. We have other recent threads at the top with no flag on the left. Then we have pinned threads where two of them haven't seen any new postings to for over a year. In one case, the thread has not changed / grew for over four years now. Then below those, there is a repeat list of -some- of the recent threads, which I have to sort in my mind- which I already clicked on to read, and which I haven't yet. It seems like there is an easier way.

top topics

join