It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Officials: Second person being monitored for Ebola

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 01:15 AM
a reply to: AnonymousCitizen

Interesting. I thought this thread was going to be about the possible case in Hawaii. This guy should have isolated himself if he suspected he might have Ebola. Anyone infected after the initial hospital visit should be able to sue... someone.. if they live.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 01:25 AM

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
a reply to: HardCorps

Up to twelve Americans could have Ebola: Fears grow in Dallas after first victim of deadly virus to reach US remained at large for a WEEK

I have heard he roamed for ten days, a week, 2 days, etc. I believe the correct number is three days.

Also, to address some of the other posters fears about the people he could have infected infecting others. The virus is only really infectious once the symptoms have started. So if they round up and quarantine all those he contacted quickly the odds are it won't spread, even if the kids went to school, until there is some body fluid being spread there isn't much of a threat.
edit on 2-10-2014 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 01:42 AM
I wouldn't be shocked if we see a second or third infection from this guy, but I don't expect it beyond that.

If we see people infected from the second group of people infected (not the man from africa but from someone infected by him) or more so if you see a half dozen or dozen confirmed cases - then i'd start to be concerned.

Right now my guess is the Texas outbreak will end with no more than 3 or so infections. We will see though, bad place to start, but a big city is expected.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 01:44 AM
a reply to: GreenMtnBoys

I wouldn't yell Ebola is here until we see a dozen or more cases. Also, the Hot Zone is not fiction. It's a true story it's just written as a thriller, but all true.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 01:46 AM

originally posted by: HardCorps
a reply to: TDawg61

I'm less worried about Ebola down in Texas than I am about
Denver-area children stricken by partial paralysis puzzle neurologists here in Colorado...

There 10 of these kids in the Hospital right now and doctors still don't know they why's and what-for's ... this comes on top of the 900+ sick kinds we had with that enterovirus 68 deal...

Yes, I am more concerned about the enterovirus as well. It actually is spreading like wildfire. It is related to the polio virus, so we may very well be seeing a dangerous mutation of the enterovirus that is causing the paralysis cases. At least my money is on enterovirus mutation.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 01:51 AM

originally posted by: StoutBroux
They really need to quit pussyfooting around and get the guys name and location with the flight he was on and all the placed he was at out to the public so this can be dealt with quickly

Flight was Brussels Airlines Flight 1247

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:07 AM

originally posted by: fleabit

originally posted by: Lil Drummerboy
this guy left africa without symptoms. and now he is positive
which to me means he was contagious from the moment he left africa.

There are ALOT of people in some form of contact from there to dallas.
And after the 2006 study stating it IS possible to be airborn... ALOT of potential scenarios are under the surface here.

No - you are not contagious unless you are symptomatic. No symptoms.. not contagious. He didn't show symptoms until 4 days after arrival in the U.S. So even the "Loose for a week!" headline isn't true. He was "loose" for maybe 2 and a half days while in a contagious stage.

My only real worry is the urgent care clinic where he sat.. contagious.. before seen and released with antibiotics.

My real worry is the people he lived with and his girlfriend. Imagine, simple kiss while caring for your sick partner. I expect to see another infection or two from this, but I don't expect it to spread beyond that unless our govt and health care system is really irresponsible.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:09 AM
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

I also believe what you have been posting. Getting the people that had close contact with him (girlfriend, the kids, the EMTs/paramedics into isolation before there is a chance of them exhibiting symptoms is one of the ways to contain this disease. From what I've read, symptoms usually are present by day 8 to 10 (short as 2 days and as long as 21).

He was symptomatic for at least 2 days (He presented to the hospital with symptoms - I haven't read anything that has mentioned when he actually starting feeling subjectively ill.) But if he has infected others, they are apparently not symptomatic themselves and are at no risk (or at least at very, very low risk) of infecting others. Hopefully there are no others that he had close contact with that have "escaped" isolation.

I do worry about the kids and the paramedics. He had vomiting and diarrhea. I'm sure that nobody was sanitizing the loo after he used it and kids touch everything. And, they often have to be nagged to wash up afterwards. He was also reported to be be vomiting when the ambulance crew was with him.

edit on 2-10-2014 by NiteNGale2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:18 AM
a reply to: NiteNGale2

I was editing my above post. My guess is we will see at least one or two other infections from him. I read something that implied he lived with ten people (edit 5 people lived in the house he was staying at)? I don't know if that is true, but my most severe concern would be reserved for his girlfriend or whomever was taking care of him while he was very ill.

He was probably mildly contagious a day before his first visit. That means any kissing with the girlfriend or anything like that is a risk. Then he was free and infectious for three days after his visit. I think we will see a few more cases. I expect that. Now if we see.. i guess a tertiary set of infections spawned from those infected by this patient zero, then I might be concerned. If it hits a dozen or a couple dozen, we have a problem.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:43 AM
a reply to: AnonymousCitizen

The whole country would freak out and everyone would leave the cities. Society as you know it would crumble. That is the reason they cannot issue orders to evacuate.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:48 AM

originally posted by: chasingstardust
I have been a long time lurker since about 2006, I have not had much to bring to the table until now and feel responsible to do so. The people on this site alerted me on the coming collapse in 2006 and I saved enough money from 2006 to 2008 to make it through the hard part of my layoff in 2008 to 2009. So as a repayment to all of you I will give you information I heard as a government employee yesterday before I heard about the patient in Texas.

Fact: An african-american (actually from africa) co-worker's wife died "suddenly" from "something that could happen to any of us" this was in a government e-mail.

Rumor yesterday from reliable coworker: The coworkers wife returned from visiting family in africa and died from ebola in Las Vegas, Nevada.

I have no confirmation yet if it was actually ebola or where she actually died, as the federal laws prohibit this information from being released.

It makes me sick that the government puts the economy before the health and welfare of the people. They say they can handle this and still play it down, this all makes me very nervous...time hide out soon? Food storage and weapons handy folks. Just be prepared as even FEMA states on their website.

Are you sure you just didn't get two stories insanely confused? Nurses staged a simulated "die in" on the Vegas strip to illustrate how unprepared they were for Ebola, and a Vegas news paper did an article on the first UN staffer to die from probably Ebola (not in the US).

Vegas nurses "die in"

Vegas Sun - Female UN staffer dies of probably Ebola

My guess is, if you heard whisperings of an Ebola death the government angle was not a cover up but the fact it was a UN staffer and the Vegas bit was because it was reported in a Vegas paper.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:49 AM
You can't just stop all flights it would absolutely cripple the economy. This should be an absolute last resort (IE: if it does go airborne). This is a very tricky outbreak because the incubation period can be anything from days to weeks, in which time a person can traverse the globe with no symptoms. One person coming to the USA with Ebola is not alarming.

What would be alarming is if we start to see 10-20 cases in a short period of time, or we start to see wider geographical spread.

And just FYI this isn't the first outbreak of Ebola in the United States. Back in the 80s there was an outbreak of Ebola in Reston, Virginia at Hazelton Laboratories. They imported monkey's (crab eating macaques) from the Philippines, who were carrying the virus.

It was a new strain of the virus, named after the city in which it was discovered. The most alarming thing about that particular outbreak is that it spread through a monkey population in which each individual had its own cage. Although, unlike this current 2014 outbreak, it wasn't lethal to people.
edit on 2-10-2014 by windowpane because: typo

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 10:37 AM
a reply to: chasingstardust

I'm replying this morning to apologize to you, you were trying to inform us of something after all. Just got it a little mixed up…

Have you seen this?

Last page this thread…

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 10:42 AM
Maybe its time to set up infection check points near the boat-plane and as much work as it may be border entrances and exits that can identify the ill. Could perhaps use the Japanese testing system... And or come up with some aerosol like identifier agent that changes the air color or smell if not the objects color that may have the virus on surface...

Ebola Outbreak: Japan Develops 30-Minute 'Simpler' Test To Quickly Diagnose Deadly Virus

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:32 AM

originally posted by: Spacespider
contained ??
perhaps contained to planet earth

There is nothing done to stop this train

I had to give you a star for this. Technically you are correct, theres nothing to stop it when we only have "Experimental vaccines"

It's sick when you think about it. I don't believe he is the only one that does not live in africa and has the disease.

I really doubt this.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:00 PM

originally posted by: whatnext21
Her response "I don't watch the news any more, it is too depressing."

Wow, I've been getting that response from a lot of people. I started research for a thread the other day.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:04 PM
No problem. Thats what this site is all information we get our hands on that the MS media is not sharing. This website would not be any good if we did not question each other here when no proof is provided. I have seen the donation jar full of cash for the death of my coworkers wife, I know that part is real. We'll see it short time what the truth is. a reply to: intrptr

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 01:23 PM
What I don't understand is if Ebola is only contracted by contact with bodily fluids, then what fluids did the children possibly come into contact with??!!??! Not only the children but the 80 or so people that are under observation?

I'm sorry, but this sounds to me as if there is another way for transmission.

It just doesn't make sense. Aids is transferred by bodily fluids and the amount of caution does not seem as elevated as it is with the Ebola

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 01:57 PM
a reply to: Luvablejade

I think that it can live on surfaces, say he itched an area covered with boily fluids and then opens a door or touches some money or whatever, and then someone touches that same spot, rubs their eyes or has a cut etc...

I dunno though I mean wasn't this just a matter of time? All you can do is make the best you can and move on, take some precautions, wash your hands etc. I'm in the UK, not sure if we have ever had any cases here but not sure I would freak out if we did.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:48 PM

originally posted by: tavi45
Whether there are people at the helm or recent events are totally random this is clearly the end game. Everyone should be prepping. I've always been the first to laugh at preppers since we've never had any credible threats to society but in the last year or two the warning signs are just piling up. Every nutjob who's been preparing for apocalypse for years is seeming smarter and smarter every day that goes by.

Hey I am all for prepping.

But it is WAY to early in the game for that.
edit on 2-10-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>