It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officials: Second person being monitored for Ebola

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Regarding the current case, FrontPageAfrica has learned that the patient’s girlfriend is said to be upbeat but is currently under along with some eight other members of her household in Dallas, Texas. “She had just sent for him from Liberia and he took sick. The CDC has been visiting her every day since he was hospitalized Sunday. Her job has been supportive but she has been asked to stay home only as a precaution. So she remains under quarantine along with eight persons in the house where she lives. The CDC will keep coming to her and making sure she’s OK for the next 21 days," a family source told FrontPageAfrica Wednesday.
story link

According to the description of apartment complex mentioned above, 1150 sq. ft. is the largest available unit. That's some very close contact for 10 people.

Heavy lists 5 facts about the patient.
link

edit on 1-10-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
a reply to: HardCorps

Up to twelve Americans could have Ebola: Fears grow in Dallas after first victim of deadly virus to reach US remained at large for a WEEK

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Funny how this page is no longer there.

*putting head down in a quick manner like the ostrich do* - per instructions

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I think we need to coin a new term...
How about calm-mongering?

CNBC (video)

@ 0:35

And it won't spread here because we are very different than West Africa.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

(Reuters) - Vulnerable countries, especially in Africa, need to defend themselves against the possible seasonal spread of Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) in the first half of 2015, the World Health Organization said on Wednesday.

link

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonymousCitizen

Calm-mongering, that's brilliant! A little humor comes in handy right about now.

I have been appalled at the calm-mongering I have seen in mainstream media that proclaim 'facts' that mean absolutely nothing and that are obviously part of an effort to calm people.

For example, a lot of places are reporting that the EMT people from the ambulance have all tested negative for Ebola. That's great, but it doesn't mean much. There is an incubation period of 2-21 days, and it's only been 3 days since they picked him up and took him to the hospital. And even once someone is symptomatic, the first test is often negative and it isn't until a second test days later that a test is positive.

Personally, I would rather know facts. I can judge for myself what is worrisome and what is not.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ikonoklast
I anticipate more vanilla-flavored press conferences, until the CDC runs out of vanilla or the Media starts demanding other flavors. Until then, I have no choice but to read between the lines. Would much rather hear the truth!

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

It would be more accurate to say, "It will have a harder time spreading here because we are very different than West Africa."

Of course, it can spread here.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I understand and agree with your comment to me. I do not mix business with pleasure, so take my comment for what it is worth, not much I guess. I was not trying to make my information more important by stating it was from a government source, it was only to explain the lack of information due to HIPAA laws. Hope this is all hype for our nations sake. a reply to: intrptr

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ikonoklast

Calm-mongering, that's brilliant! A little humor comes in handy right about now.

I have been appalled at the calm-mongering I have seen in mainstream media that proclaim 'facts' that mean absolutely nothing and that are obviously part of an effort to calm people.

For example, a lot of places are reporting that the EMT people from the ambulance have all tested negative for Ebola. That's great, but it doesn't mean much. There is an incubation period of 2-21 days, and it's only been 3 days since they picked him up and took him to the hospital. And even once someone is symptomatic, the first test is often negative and it isn't until a second test days later that a test is positive.

Personally, I would rather know facts. I can judge for myself what is worrisome and what is not.

The problem though ikonklast, is that a lot of people can't properly judge what is worrisome and what is not, so reassuring is just something we will have to put up with, otherwise people would be out with "the end is nigh" signs.

I dunno though, maybe I'm naive or an idiot, but I trust that America will contain it and prevent it from spreading, so I'm personally not freaking out about this. If they can slow it down in Nigeria, they can slow it down in America as well.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Am I to understand there is a 21 Day incubation period before symtoms begin to show?Isn't thag a rather long time?

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
And it will, most likely.
Fact: patients in W. Africa have been turned away from hospitals. Reason: no room.
Fact: a patient in Texas was turned away from a hospital. Reason: Unprepared, know it all worker.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
this guy left africa without symptoms. and now he is positive
which to me means he was contagious from the moment he left africa.

There are ALOT of people in some form of contact from there to dallas.
And after the 2006 study stating it IS possible to be airborn... ALOT of potential scenarios are under the surface here.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: chasingstardust

so take my comment for what it is worth, not much I guess.

If an until there is independent corroboration of what you are saying, then… yah.

Sorry about that. This site and its members know better than to just accept statements without some something to back it up.

A scrap of code (you saw an Email?), an inter department memo. If you have such information, out with it. Saying you do and not producing it is the red flag everyone is taught to be wary of.

This is where I learned that.

Now whistle blower, what else you selling?

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
Am I to understand there is a 21 Day incubation period before symtoms begin to show?Isn't thag a rather long time?

Up to 21 days. Typically it is between 4 and 8 (or so). But can be as long as twenty-one days before first symptoms.

A Bio Weapons Engineer's dream of a bug.

Even the short 5 days this guy was down with it before finally being isolated is a very looong time.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: Answer
I live in Dallas and I'm not worried. I'm gonna continue going to the gym, work, and restaurants as usual.

Much more interested in any information you may come up with in the next few days, weeks. There is a rumor mill and then there are boots on the ground.

You are there.

Nobody here is worried about it. Even my typical "the end is nigh" friends aren't panicking.

Are people washing their hands and using hand sanitizer a little more? Probably but nobody is heading for the hills or expecting a big outbreak.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

but nobody is heading for the hills or expecting a big outbreak.

Me neither…

(fingers crossed)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lil Drummerboy
this guy left africa without symptoms. and now he is positive
which to me means he was contagious from the moment he left africa.

There are ALOT of people in some form of contact from there to dallas.
And after the 2006 study stating it IS possible to be airborn... ALOT of potential scenarios are under the surface here.

No - you are not contagious unless you are symptomatic. No symptoms.. not contagious. He didn't show symptoms until 4 days after arrival in the U.S. So even the "Loose for a week!" headline isn't true. He was "loose" for maybe 2 and a half days while in a contagious stage.

My only real worry is the urgent care clinic where he sat.. contagious.. before seen and released with antibiotics.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
This guy started to have symptoms bad enought to be taken to the hospital, that means he could have symptoms and be contagious while he was on the plane without knowing it, one of the symptoms is muscle pain, he could think it was 19hr sitting down what caused his muscle pain when indeed was an ebola symptom............ There is a lot more that the CDC is not telling us.

We will hear from other people infected by the end if this week and in other states.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   

this map shows biohazards and other emergency events going on aroud the globe - look at all the biohazards in America. Way more than anywhere else. Some of them are likely these mysterious sicknesses in children in Ohio and the new case of the girl in Rhode Island.

Could be a helpful source while this issue progresses...
Emergency and Disaster Information Service: hisz.rsoe.hu...

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

He was "loose" for maybe 2 and a half days while in a contagious stage.

Well thats not true… Heres the timeline

Timeline

• Sept. 19. Thomas Eric Duncan leaves Monrovia, Liberia, for a trip to the United States. He has been exposed to Ebola but is not exhibiting symptoms, so he is not contagious. It is unclear whether he knew he had been exposed.

• Sept. 20. After changing planes in Brussels, Belgium, and at Washington Dulles International Airport, Duncan arrives in Dallas to visit his sister.

• Sept. 24. Duncan’s family members tell U.S. authorities this is the day he first felt sick. That is when he likely became contagious.

• Sept. 26. Duncan seeks treatment at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas and is sent back to his sister’s apartment with antibiotics.

• Sept. 28. Duncan is transported to the same hospital by ambulance. He is critically ill and put in isolation in the hospital’s intensive care unit.

• Sept. 30. The federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention confirms that Duncan has been stricken with the Ebola virus, the first patient to be diagnosed in the USA.

• Oct. 1. Duncan’s condition is upgraded from critical to serious, and health officials say they are closely monitoring a second patient who had contact with Duncan. Others who have been in contact with Duncan, including paramedics and children, are being observed for symptoms.

link

My only real worry is the urgent care clinic where he sat..

Your "worries" are based on misinformation which you keep vetting here.

Thank you very little.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join