It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Vape Thread

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I have noticed over the last several months that there are plenty of us vapers here on ATS. I just ordered some new ejuice that I got in a few days ago and it was so good, I thought a few folks here might like to give it a try. Then I started thinking that maybe I wasn't the only one who had things they wanted to share with those here who have kicked the cigarette habit. There are always new additions coming out in the vape world, whether it's new juices, new equipment, new laws, etc. so I decided to create this thread so we can all share with each other.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/bj542c0f17.jpg[/atsimg]

I am hoping that we can all come together and share what we like, what's good, what isn't, and maybe even help some of the newer vapers along in their journey. I am aware that there are other forums that cover these topics, but if you are like me... ATS is huge enough to keep you busy without having to wade through thousands of other posts in other places. Here, we can use one thread for many purposes without having to dig everywhere else.

If you think it's a good idea, please contribute what you can.

If you think it's a bad idea, then you don't have to contribute at all.

Last... But not least -

I DO NOT own anything dealing with vaping other than personal equipment. I DO NOT sell any products, I DO NOT get commission from anybody for steering anyone in any direction for juice or equipment. I DO NOT have a personal stake in anything having to do with vaping other than wanting people to know that you can kick your cigarette habit, you can feel 100% better mentally and physically and not feel like you are dying while you are doing it.

I will open this up with the ejuice that I tried that had me wanting to start this thread...

I had been looking for an awesome orange flavor ejuice for about a year now, and had all but given up hope until I found Highbrow Vapor.

I decided to give them a shot and didn't really expect too much to come from it. Straight out of the mail, straight out of the bottle... This blew my mind. It tastes EXACTLY like fresh squeezed orange juice. It's so dead on that you can almost feel the pulp I your throat while you are vaping it. In over a year of vaping, I have never found a flavor that had me going to any length to tell folks about it. I've had good ejuice. I've even had pretty darn good ejuice... This is a whole other ball game.

For those of you looking for an orange ejuice that tastes like orange and not tictacs... Give this one a go. I don't think you will be disappointed at all.

highbrowvapor.com...

I have the limoncello and the strawberry lemonade on order even as I type this. I will be happy to let anyone know what they were like, if they are interested.

Please leave your own recommendations here if you have any. If you have any questions, leave those here as we'll.I am no professional,but I have been vaping for almost a year and a half and will be happy to help in any way that I can. If I can't help, I am hoping others will soon join in to offer theirs.

Happy vaping!!

edit on 10/1/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Good for you. My wife quit after 30yrs. She can taste and smell again.
I make my own juice, menthol and tobacco flavors for about $2 a bottle, including bottle and cap.
She is saving about $150 a month this way.
The tobacco smell has left the building.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Today marks week 2 of no regular cigs for me. I like vaping instead. It's nice to not smell like smoke.

When I first switched over, I thought I should keep with tobacco flavors. I realized almost immediately that it didn't work for me, tobacco flavor juice just made me want a real cig more. So I've been sticking with fruity flavors. Right now i'm using a pineapple flavor called ice maiden. I also have a dragon fruit flavor called m80 but the nic level is too low in that one so I'm not using it at the moment. I'm waiting on a blood orange flavor to arrive that I won from a company.

I'm wondering how long I should wait to try to lower my nicotine level. I'm thinking a couple of months, after I've not wanted a real cig at all for quite some time.

I like the idea of having this thread, I ventured onto a vaping forum and it was a little overwhelming. Nice to have this thread on a site I already know and use daily!

edit on 1-10-2014 by MojaveBurning because: Ps

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I had my last tobacco cigarette on Saturday 9-27-14. I chewed a small wad of Red Man chewing tobacco and hit a V2 electronic cigarette on Sunday and Monday. I have had NO nicotine yesterday or today.
I did not hurt anyone yet.

I would rather kick it all than inhale anything more.

Oh, the main reason for quitting..... My blood pressure was high. It is still high. It was 147/108 on Monday... 165/107 yesterday. I am going to go check it in a bit, see how it is today.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Similar situation got me into vaping as well. I had smoked camels for 13 years up until June of this year. A couple vape shops opened up around here (insert random global location... like space) so i decided to check it out. After trying a couple different rigs I settled on an iTazte MVP with a custom 3.5ml tank.

I'll be honest, I still bum the occasional smoke from friends, particularly if we're out having drinks. But all in all after smoking a pack+ a day before switching to a vape rig, a couple cigs doesn't make me feel that bad.

I really enjoy vaping. I prefer the fruitier candy flavors. Also found a really tasty carmel coffee flavor but it was plugging up cartomizers so i stopped using it. All together a vast improvement from a pack aday camel habbit. Smells much better (my office smells like sweet tarts) and after the initial investment in a rig i've already noticed a difference in the ammount of cash it saves me.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: nfflhome
Good for you. My wife quit after 30yrs. She can taste and smell again.
I make my own juice, menthol and tobacco flavors for about $2 a bottle, including bottle and cap.
She is saving about $150 a month this way.
The tobacco smell has left the building.

That's awesome! I like to hear that more people are succeeding in giving up the cigarettes. Seriously. It's amazing how much better you feel in just such a short time and saving all that money certainly doesn't hurt! I am saving well over $150 a month, but I smoked... A LOT.

I have not ventured into making my own juice yet,but have thought about it more and more recently. Was it pretty easy to get started?

originally posted by: MojaveBurning

Today marks week 2 of no regular cigs for me. I like vaping instead. It's nice to not smell like smoke.

When I first switched over, I thought I should keep with tobacco flavors. I realized almost immediately that it didn't work for me, tobacco flavor juice just made me want a real cig more. So I've been sticking with fruity flavors. Right now i'm using a pineapple flavor called ice maiden. I also have a dragon fruit flavor called m80 but the nic level is too low in that one so I'm not using it at the moment. I'm waiting on a blood orange flavor to arrive that I won from a company.

I'm wondering how long I should wait to try to lower my nicotine level. I'm thinking a couple of months, after I've not wanted a real cig at all for quite some time.

I like the idea of having this thread, I ventured onto a vaping forum and it was a little overwhelming. Nice to have this thread on a site I already know and use daily!

Thanks! I'm hoping that many will join in and make it a worthwhile effort.

2 weeks is a great milestone!! You should be very proud of yourself. Even though you are still getting the nicotine, you are getting about 5,000 less chemicals than before and your body doesn't take long to realize how much better/cleaner it feels without all of that floating around in it.

As far as cutting down on your nicotine? That's always a big personal choice. You could probably start doing that now, but I may would wait another few weeks just to be on the safe side. It may take longer to do it that way, but taking longer is always preferable to sabotaging yourself and wasting all the time you have under your belt right now IMO.

We do get in a hurry to step down and just be done with it all together, but going to fast can cause you to fail and that's something you don't want. I waited until I was almost 3 months in before I started stepping down. After that first step, it gets a bit easier to continue stepping down afterwards. You have more confidence in yourself by then and you also start coming to the realization that you have been without cigarettes to just turnaround and start smoking again. You start not wanting to waste the time you've already pulled.

Considering how difficult those first few weeks are... Nobody wants to go through that more than they have to.

It is overwhelming out there. In the beginning, I spent a ton of money on different equipment and juices and I wish that I could have had some better resources to help along the way. There are some huge forums dedicated to that, but there are so any folks there, that everyone is literally recommending everything. They are also used by a ton of the vendors and you never quite know if that is why someone is recommending something or not.

I wish you continued luck! You can do it!

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I haven't bought any new flavors for like 2 or 3 months! 0 dollars spent. I have just been going through old stuff I didn't
really like or want to use. Its so nice to be able to vape off of past supplies if you are broke. I couldv'e never done this with cigarrettes and would have likely been borrowing money from fam and friends, or having pyschotic episodes! lovely

but ya, in a day or two i will order Mint Mango Berry from Aroma E-Juice, that is my favorite. I also had a long search of tobacco flavors but eventually gave up and went more towards menthol/fruity more tasty flavors.

edit to add: I've been vaping for 17 months!! hooray me!! I like to use the original pro tank at the moment with my original v2 Vamo
edit on 1-10-2014 by nrd101 because: edit to add

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I'm pretty excited about vaping right now, as I am going in to year 4 and I am entering in to a kind of personal golden age of vaping.

Having tried the "more powerful" mechanical mods, I eventually just settled in to my original ProVape 1, it's just a tube with saftey features that uses a 14500 battery but it does the job perfectly, never a bad button-push.

I am using the same two Kanger Protank 2's that I have been on for the last couple of years. I loves them, they are so simple, direct and all stainless and glass.

I've stopped buying the heads and I'm reconditioning my own coils.

And best of all, I am flavoring my own juice that I get from here, so I am not dependant on the "shops" as 10-15$ for 15ml of juice is complete insanity.

I have also learned to keep the flavoring at around 1%, which tatses better, is healthier than the 3-7% that the juice-nuts flavor their stuff at, and doesn't clog an atty so fast.

I usually have a custom citrus-menthol "hypnotic-mist" going in one bottle, and some RY4 going in another.

Thanks for the opportunity to talk about it, OP.

Have a good one.

P.S. I forgot to add that I like a nice 6mg, but the link I provided at "here" has 6mg and 0mg which when mixed 1:1 provides a nice 3mg. Some foks wanna go to 3.
edit on 1-10-2014 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I so misread the title of this thread.

G instead of a V.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Former smoker - almost 20 years. Not heavy, mind you , only a pack every 5 days or so. Boss where I work at decided to try and curb her smoking by going to e-cigs and let me have a few to see if I liked them. Tried a few and found them to my liking - no griping from the wife , less expensive than analogs, , ability to smoke in the house and at my desk at work and best of all , a huge variety of different tastes to suit my day. Haven't touched a normal cigarettes since. No weight gain either - if I get a sweet tooth and need a fix with little to no calories , I switch to a sweet flavor like chocolate or cheesecake.

Been vaping for over a year , but mostly disposables. Just a few weeks ago decided to invest in a battery/tank system and some e-liquids. Unfortunately I seem to be burning thru atomizers like no ones business ! I know enough to keep the wicks wet and keep the e-liquids primed but obviously I am doing something wrong as I've gone thru 3 atomizers in as many days. Strangely enough one of the ones I first purchased still works fine. Here's a few things I've learned so far -

1. High price e-liquids do not equal quality - I've purchased $20 bottles and $4 bottles - while the $20 juice isn't bad , some of the local shop juices are far more flavorful and a cost a lot less.

2. If you find you have purchased a less than great e-liquid, don't throw it out or resign yourself to using it in its current form. Instead , open the bottle , and let the juice air out in a safe place for a week or so. This process is known as "steeping" and can make some of the worst juices suitable for vaping as it lets some of the actual juice itself evaporate without removing the flavor or nicotine , strengthening both in the left over liquid.

3. Keeping your juices out of the reach of children should be a no-brainer but remember to keep it out of the reach of pets too , especially dogs. Many canines can smell the flavor compounds from a hell of a distance ( Like mine - I have 3 basstet hounds ) and will gnaw on the bottles to get to the sweet smelling e-juice. This can result in very sick and possibly dead animal friends (depending on the size of the beast).

As far as recommendations -

I've always enjoyed White Cloud e-cigs , namely for their Atlantic Cut flavor ( a mixture of bourbon , caramel and tobacco ),Bad Apple (tastes like a granny smith apple) and Strawberry (tastes just like Nestle Qik).
Unfortunately they don't offer juices , just e-cig carts and disposables. Too bad - whatever they would ask for the e-juice is worth it IMHO.

Magic Puff ( the one with the chimp smoking an ecig) has some pretty decent disposables , like their "Red" or "Grape", but I would avoid their ejuices - they taste faint and chemically to start with and even after steeping still aren't that great.

Tried "Space Jam" e-liquids. Decent, most flavors are very mellow, with "Starship I"( almost a crème brulee like flavor) being a great example but with the price most places ask , way too expensive for the taste.

I hit up a local shop , Peerless Vapor, and tried some of the house-made juices. Definitely surprised at the quality - good taste , great throat hit and good vapor. Not all were to my taste , but between the quality and the price , $4 a bottle , they will be hard to beat for me.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
What a great idea! I am hoping to start vaping but so far i am so confused how it all works! I got these shisha pens online which are disposable and supposed to be similar to ecigs but i find i cant really take a proper draw from them like a cigarette like they are weak? I smoke 12mg cigarettes so im also worried about no nicotine but vaping you still get nicotine with some right? I was thinking of just using patches and vaping with no nicotine because when i have quit in the past i used patches for a few days but the major thing that flawed me while quitting was the whole action of having a cigarette and using it as my thing too have a 5 minute break from stuff but i don't know how to do it! Now i have posted this i have to do it as well i am so sick of cigarettes the taste of them has dramatically changed in the past 5 years from all the added chemicals its disgusting!

Sounds cool you can get all different flavours! i didn't even know that.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

I know your married, but must ask a personal question. When I quit smoking, I could taste the tobacco on my dates lips. Kinda nasty.

Does a kiss after vaping orange taste like orange? Or other flavors?

I still vape when the temper gets the best of me, but they're Blu's (Cherry). If I have a violent urge, I will puff a small cigar also.

Nicotine must have an effect at keeping my temper to more manageable/social levels.

I addicted to nicotine, and without it...I'm a dick.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Shana91aus

I started my smoking cessation by getting the most powerful OTC patches along with the Blu e-cigs (Cherry). I'm off the patches now and a e-cig will last me days. I even puff on them after they have given up the ghost. (Habit I guess and it keeps my hands busy)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Thanks for the link , the Highbrowbacco - French Pipe sounds awesome and I now have some on the way.

highbrowvapor.com...
edit on 1-10-2014 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
If Jay Rockefeller and the rest of the Commerce, Science, and Transportation Committee have their way, you can kiss your fruity flavors goodbye.

A few weeks ago I watched him and his buddies rip a couple of E-cig CEO's new buttholes because they think the fruity flavors and their ads are targeting children.

Here's a link to the hearing if anyone's interested. His opening remarks will make you sick if you're familiar with his family's ties to Monsanto. The subject is worthy of it's own thread, but I'm on my phone at the moment and would have a hard time putting together a good OP.

c-span

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I have been making my own flavor juices. Pretty simple since I don't have to worry about adding nicotine. Fun to experiment to create flavor blends, just remember to jot down your measurements so you can duplicate the good ones!
also, I have learned that adding more VG makes an awesome vapor, you may find yourself in quite a fog! I stumbled on the bulk apothecary website and couldn't believe how inexpensive it was to make my own vape juice. They have a whole section on vaping supplies and flavors. Easy site to find with a quick google search. Good luck with your venture into vaping!

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I am running a Russian 91 RBA with a Caravella mod and a 18650 batt.
The clouds you can chuck are monsters "if using the right coil build" flavor is intense.
I get the CLONES, the real deal is far to costly. THe clones are great and if you get a bad one so what. $10.00 is better then $100

Vape on ................

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Best thing I ever did was to buy a vape well not the best but you know, and I've been smoke free for over 3 months now, and wow what a difference it makes, I never relised how bad it smells

But I relised shops charge a stupid amount of money for the chambers and wicks and I've found um on eBay for a fraction of the price, there the same as another poster mentioned Kruger or something

I wana know how you make you're own cause that sounds like a great way to do it, I only get on with the menthol flavours, the fruit ones just don't do it for me

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I've been vaping going on 4 months now, still have the occasional cigarette when the mood strikes me, but I lean on my vape more then not
I am thinking of trying a fruit flavor, tried this vanilla cupcake and it was disgusting!!!!

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

I would not know as my husband is still a smoker.

He can not taste it and I'm pretty sure it's because he still smokes. I let him take a hit off of any new flavor I get and he can never guess it anywhere close... because he's still smoking at least a pack a day.

And I hear you on the nicotine and temper. That was me. I was ready for the firing range without it for the longest time. It didn't take much to get me to that point either. My parents used to always try to quit when we were younger and we knew to stay out of the war path during those times.

a reply to: Shana91aus

You can find ecigs that draw more like a real cigarette. It took me a while to find one, but I finally did. I use a regular itaste variable voltage battery so I can crank up the power and an aerotank so I can make the draw tighter. I still prefer it that way even a year into it. I missed the kick cigarettes had in them. That kick to the back of the throat was the one thing that would have sent me back to smoking if I had not found it. So I can completely understand.

I have never tried the shisha pens, but thought they were more like hookah products. I could be wrong though.

If you can quit using no nic juice and the patches, by all means that is what you should go with. Not everyone can quit the same way, and any way you can do it has to be better for you than not even trying. Don't double up though because too much nicotine can make you very sick. I tried vaping the 24 mcg and it made me so nauseated I couldn't stand it. So I had to start with the 18 mcg. And yes, you can get enough nicotine to calm your body's craving for it easily enough through ejuice.

By the time I quit smoking, I had gotten like you. I was just disgusted with it. Disgusted with myself, and with the whole habit. I think that makes it a lot easier to give it up when you get to that point beforehand.

a reply to: bluemooone2

You'll have to let me know how you like it. I have some of their limoncello and strawberry lemonade on order as well. It should be in by tomorrow. I'm hoping that it's going to be just as good as the orange de sangre.

a reply to: nrd101

Yay you indeed!! We've been at it for about the same amount of time then. I'm still using a basic VV itaste and a kanger aerotank. I haven't gone off in mod land as of yet. I cant handle the bulk ones of most of them is don't think.

I give all my juices away that I don't like. I have given a ton of them to my mom in hopes that she'll stick with it one day. It took me a while to learn not to buy 80 different kinds of juice. Now I just stick with a few and venture out every few months for something different instead of every week.

a reply to: Bone75

That is a shame too. It ticks me off to no end every time I see something like that. Nobody minds all of the wine cooler flavors or flavored liquors/beer out there. It almost makes you wonder if they would just prefer everyone remain a smoker for life instead of supporting healthier alternatives. Maybe it will be like alcohol and they won't care so much about kids getting it as long as they can tax it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join