It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredible Discovery In Jordan or Hoax?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Why go through the trouble to fake this sort of video? Youtube hits?

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I watched the video. I think it's a hoax.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I'm not one to scream "hoax" at the drop of a hat. But in the thread from some months ago, it seemed pretty clear that this stuff was just some theatrical props and a load of cheap tourist souvenirs painted gold.

And, as I recall, there was the strong suggestion that this video was originally created as part of a con game. And then got out into the wild.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

After a looksee I'd say an 'actual archaeological site' (or one made to look so) salted with a lot of fake gold stuff. Take a look at what was found in Tut's for a comparison.

The date on the paper at the start was 2013/10/15 , so a legit find would have been out long ago.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I dont know, some stuff is dusty and some is really shiny. not an expert, but if real probably not by main steam folks. which is bad.....

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
a reply to: Mianeye

Didn't find it earlier in ATS's search under the title.

Please post further comments in Mianeye's thread. Egypt Treasure Hunters find amazing ancient artifacts( Real or fake?)

After so many months, duplicates have been known to happen....even flourish.
Dozens of new members have arrived.
New information may have come to light.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I believe that some of these links from Mianeys's thread are the same event, not sure though...

Everything below was found using Google's "Search by Image" engine with the images found here.

The most interesting result was this Arabic article written by a Professor in Khartoum:

The sources, who asked not to be identified for the existence of a threat to her life in an interview with the German Press Agency (d. B. A), on Sunday, that there are gunmen occupy 4 graves archaeological in Naga dome west of Aswan was found Excavators pulled and robbers effects during excavation secret in an area rich nobles tombs of the Pharaohs where these militants impose their rule on these graves.

Professor Azhari Mustafa Sadiq
Professor, Department of Archaeology, University of Khartoum effects
Source: azharisadig.blogspot.com...
Translation

Better quality version(original?)

Other versions:

Translated from Arabic:

Video Bashir's government plundered the tomb of King Amnovis III and his wife ... "T" West "solid" and "Sadanaga"
Alrakubh published in Alrakubh : 05 - 05-2014

Video programs spread in social networking refers to the Bashir government's disregard for the destiny of the Sudanese people, and confirms that the Sudan's history and civilization is not worth anything at all these strangers natures and the Sudan People's magnanimity and self-esteem and its history ...

Alrakubh transporting you to comment, which was published with the Peasant as:
"Seven months ago ... there was a story about the discovery of a fuss .. city full of ancient western and solid Sadanaga .. Amnovis belonging to King III and his wife ... T ... were discovered by Turkish companies were operating in the way of Dongola and Sadanaga after ... News uproar two months .. .. The company withdrew from the Turkish company work the way the bankruptcy of the company under the pretext .. Witnesses elders of the people of the village and steel dome proper Cdo unusual movement of the State government officials and the helicopter landing .. in the text of the night .... And finally been leaked video. . illustrates the size of the looting that has been in this place and you have the video .. Shufu amount of relics stolen DVD.

www.sudaress.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I seen this video on here about a month ago, can't tell you if it's fake or not, either way, it's a awesome find or a pretty good hoax.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I find it hard to believe someone had time and money to make all those props and for what purpose?

If its real though they will chop it up and melt it down which is sad

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: rowanflame
I find it hard to believe someone had time and money to make all those props and for what purpose?

If its real though they will chop it up and melt it down which is sad

Well you could set this up then approach people and say psst, look at this... You want a slice? We need equipment, front us and we'll cut you in! Pay you back tripple no bother! I'm sure plent6 would fall for it and you would make bank... But having said that, looks pretty damn good!

People could have filmed it just to boast about it and then it gets passed around and eventually finds its way on the internet.

I think if someone approached me with this and wanted some funds I might fall for it XD

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
This video is in Egypt if it is real and not a hoax, but the thread is about Jordan, fact is a treasure has been found in Jordan in a city called Ajlon about a week ago, people call it hercules treasure, officials denied it at first and came up with contradictory stories to make it all look like a rumor, but there were too many eye witnesses from the region one of them is a parliment member, he said he saw everthing and the persons involved, everybody is waiting a statement from the prime minister.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Sometimes you can identify gold simply by its color if you have certain pieces of information. I will start my quick analysis by saying that the number of artifacts alone makes a hoax less likely, and if it is a hoax I do not really see the point of putting in so much effort, especially just to make a video. So that is something worth considering. The first thing that is obvious is the golden color of most of the artifacts. The shades also vary between the artifacts. Gold is not shiny, but is rather a very warm yellow, although it is "bright." It will reflect light even when the light source is not direct. It becomes a bit more apparent why gold appears this way when you view it under magnification, as it is not really smooth but has many surfaces and bubbles protruding from the surface which cause its qualitative features. I caught some hints of the warm color I am referring to, but there might be a layer of dust on the artifacts which makes them appear dull. I am quite sure of it actually since they have been (allegedly) surrounded by dirt and dust for a long time.

Now there is the possibility that this is not pure gold. Gold alloyed with other metals will change the appearance either slightly or dramatically, depending on the purity and other metals present. For instance, if it was alloyed with copper it would have more of a darker hue. The color I see on some of the artifacts really does look like a type of gold paint that I've seen used before, but again this could be due to the dust that is present or the composition of the material. Had they cleaned the artifacts with a cloth then it would be a bit easier to tell. But even then, without knowing the purity or composition, it is hard to say what it should look like.

When the few pieces of available evidence are considered I think that I am equally divided in my opinion. The fact that there seems to be no payout for the effort weighs strongly for this being authentic, unless more information comes to my attention about the circumstances, while the colors that are present only suggest that it might be real. At the very least there is no glaring piece of evidence that points to this being a hoax, at least that I have seen. Considering this video has been out for a number of months it is strange that no more has been released on the topic, but I suppose that might be expected. This is because you obviously would not want to give out information about such a monumental find as it would likely compromise the find in some way. The government authorities also could have stepped in and taken over control, and they could be in charge of what is going on. There are many possibilities, thus I think it is difficult to really say whether this is real.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
detectorsforgold.com...
The Above link has some report on a recent find in Jordan .The Photos look remarkably like the ones in the already posted videos from the earlier thread and also this one

Cave of Ajlon
detectorsforgold.com...
detectorsforgold.com...

detectorsforgold.com...
This link shows another recently uncovered stash of Roman Valuables

Syria isn't too far away .Any one care to put the pieces of the puzzle together yet

Jordan also closed the roads to as they said install military equipment
jordantimes.com...

edit on 3-10-2014 by Caspian234 because: Add more info

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Looks like a movie set to me.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join