It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HOT HOT Wings I gota have them

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
OK, here is my citrus/ginger glaze recipe:

zest and juice 2 grapefruit, 4 lemons, and 3 limes. If you want, throw in a tangerine, too. PUt all the juice and zest into a sauce pan and reduce by 3/4, maybe a little more. You want it thick.

Add in 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 2 generous tablespoons sesame oil, 6 cloves minced garlic, 1/4 cup brown sugar, and about 2 green onions chopped. Add in 1 tbl red pepper flakes, then grate in about 2 tbl fresh ginger and simmer for about 5 mins. Remove from heat and set aside

The rest of the chicken recipe is the same. You put the wings on a cookie sheet and bake them off until the skin is crispy.

I usually serve this with a garlic, tarragon, and wasabi cream sauce (basically, just equal parts of mayo and buttermilk, adding the seasonings to taste) to dip in.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
today is hotwing day in my house. The wife is off work, and we are going to huddle around some football this evening with a plate of wings, some slaw, and some armadillo eggs (i use goat cheese/cream cheese blend...it tastes better to me)

Im using the basic wing recipe i gave earlier, but have added some garlic into the hot sauce.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
...and some armadillo eggs (i use goat cheese/cream cheese blend...it tastes better to me)...

I had to look this up, it appears to be similar to Scotch Eggs. What's your recipe?

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Split the jalapenos down the middle. For extra fancy points, split the stem, too, so it has this little handle on it. Remove the seeds and rinse. Set aside.

The amount of cheese depends on the number you make. But the base recipe is half cream cheese, half goat cheese. Put into a plastic bag, like a ziploc, and force is all into one corner. Snip the corner, and use it as a piping bag (i actually use a ziploc to mix the cheese in, since it gets so sticky). Pipe into the halved jalapenos.

wrap each one in thick sliced bacon. Here, i tend to use an Applewood smoked, uncured bacon if i can. But any bacon works other than the maple kind. Secure it with toothpicks so the bacon doesn't come unwrapped.

I cook mine on the grill, usually. Today I just threw them in the 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes.

Some things I like putting in the cheese:

- lime zest
- crushed garlic
- carmelized onion
- chorizo (man, i love chorizo...the mexican variety, not the spanish/sausage type)

I also will, from time to time, stuff them with a mix of grits, lump crab, dried cranberry, and egg yolk. I won't always wrap bacon around them when I do it with a corn meal stuffing.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Yeah, I'm gonna make those. Often.

And I hear you on the chorizo, the Mexican variety is so much better and more versatile.

edit on 5-10-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

if you go to a bbq in this area, no matter the cultural background (excepting the few indian folks we have, anyway), they are on the menu.

They are also a potluck favorite.

Another variation i do is to not split the peppers, but to cut off the end and hollow them out. Pipe in a small amount of the cheese, then stick a shrimp inside of it before wrapping in bacon.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

i swear i could taste that as a read it, im doing this, oh yes, oh yes!

Nice one

I cant do hot wings well, but for marinading chicken breast, like for a stir fry, im a damned genius, if you want me to throw in a stir fry chicken recipe/process just say the word

edit on b1212409 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   
oh and its not all about the chicken, some celery and carrot sticks on the side are essential, yes, its veg but so so good!!!!

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

"the word".

On a related note, i usually make a slaw to go with my wings and my bbq. Last night was a citrus slaw, but with bbq its always apple slaw.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Chicken wings suck. Barely any meat on them little buggers and you have to deal with bones.

Now, chicken fingers, yeah, that's the ticket. If I were given a last meal, fingers would be a part of it.

I don't buy tenderloins as they are too expensive but I'll take a breast, chop it into strips, bread it and fry it in the deep fryer. They puff up nicely and make a cool meal. I use Frank's, a little cayenne powder and garlic powder, one of those chipotle buillion cubes, some crushed red pepper and a few finely chopped jalapenos if I'm feeling like it. Works for me. Served with ranch, not that awful blue cheese junk.

Ginger is way cool, BTW. BFFT, nice recipe there.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
okay im going to throw this in chat: Chinese style chicken -> put Chinese 5 spice and garlic and salt over some chopped chicken and i mean A LOT of it you really cant use too much, coat those things in it with some oil and then fry it up, # is amazing

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

i love hot wings too. i just dont eat them much anymore because they cost so much.
the prices are nuts at the restaurants and nooody around here has what i would call a good wing.
the big 3 around here are quaker steak, harry buffalo, and bw3. i think the average price is like 10 bucks for 10 wings.
i cant do it at those prices. quaker steak has a lunch buffet from 11-3. i will go during that because you can order them off the menu in quantities of 4 and get any flavor you want, all you can eat.

even buying at the grocery store and making them at home costs too much.

for me, the raw wings either cost way too much or the ones i can afford seem to be mostly water/ice and wind up 1/3 the size after im done cooking them.
so, i dont get them as much as i would like.

i like them hot though. hot as possible.

i used to put a tad bit of ghost pepper sauce into my wing sauce before i tossed them around.

and btw, you suck.....since i clicked on the thread i started craving wings
^^^^^^^^^^not really man...j/k...just craving them now

edit*
when i was making them pretty regular i would hunt around for what i thought was the best wing sauce...in the end, my favorite sauce is the generic .99 sauce...i think it just says 'wing sauce' on it...pretty generic but thats what i liked.

then of course to heat it up i hit it with the ghost pepper....not always but most of the time
edit on 6-10-2014 by CardiffGiant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Just got a smoker this year and have been experimenting with wings.

Right now my go-to move is to baste them, put them on the smoker for about 45 minutes, re-apply some sauce, and finish them on the grill for about 10 minutes, flipping once.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join