It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wheels and Axle? caught by Mars Rover Curiosity?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

Umm, yes quite - please re-read the post you replied to and tell us where he skyblue stated NASA was looking for civilisations on mars, or even higher life forms? It seems to me Skyblue was stating exactly that NASA was just looking for signs of mars still being able to harbour life.

I just felt it was a bit of a cheap shot, calling us dreamers on a forum - what is it you are doing here?

And you think the guys at NASA are not the biggest dreamers of us all?

That lot have had to chase their dreams my friend, to show us what they have so far.

On the subject of the unknown object, mars is one of the (if not the) most heavily studied and probed planet .

Just look at all of the failed missions on Wiki - Link

Now many of these have crashed on the surface of mars, many have been lost in the vicinity of her orbit , and this could very well be a piece of one of these machines.

On the other hand it could just be a trick of light, and we shouldn't be too surprised if we see some rounded or curved features in the pictures, considering they are hunting in what is now known to be an ancient Martian river bed.

And just to top it off, not trying to be offencive -but why are we looking at these unhelpful, scientifically useless (for what we suspect is there) pictures - as lovely as they are.................

When we have infrared imagery showing absolutely massive grid-like structures under the surface which are emanating heat, or the Phobos 2 images of an (if I recall) object a few miles long and cylindrical in shape, next to the moon of the same name, casting a shadow on the surface of mars - which moves across mars surface in subsequent frames, enabling the speed to be calculated to just a couple hundred miles an hour give or take (working from memory).

Although one day someone may stumble across something conclusive, I think this sort of stuff just wastes an awful lot of time looking at rocks!

edit on 1-10-2014 by Soapusmaximus because: accidental smiley

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I seriously don't get this, because ive used an image, which has turned out to be a youtube members image, which is only 1 small part of this thread which conveniently for me was a good comparison, yet all the other anomaly pictures were screen shots that I have taken from the NASA image by using a snipping tool, is a problem??

Yep get on with the ban then...

A link to the original picture, or youtube video with daft music, which AT first never supplied a link, is your better choice?

fair enough.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Every single thread I have made, I provide the source, one failure to do so here has been an unfair issue imo.

This site is where i find most of the storys I share.
edit on 10-1-2014 by skyblueworld because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-1-2014 by skyblueworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: skyblueworld

Excellent find S & F

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Nah, it's cool, I think, and I for two have appreciated your posts here. I think the site is still a bit touchy from a couple of days ago (funbox's comment was, I think, sarcastic and not actually directed at you). So please don't take this stuff personally, at least not totally. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister

Nah, it's cool, I think, and I for two have appreciated your posts here. I think the site is still a bit touchy from a couple of days ago (funbox's comment was, I think, sarcastic and not actually directed at you). So please don't take this stuff personally, at least not totally. Thanks.

Did I miss something from a couple of days ago or would that also violate t&c's?

I concour. Skyworldblue I do not think you have done anything wrong and do not think that mods are implying as such.

as far as rocks go I think this is the best one so far and sooner or later we will get one!

(PS not a rock)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

t&c's rule!

edit on 1-10-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

It's a dumbbell, used for weigh lifting at the Martian Olympics.

They really excel in Martial Arts.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

well done Aleister , no martianflys on you

funbox

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

you found the wheels, but I just find the steering wheel.
Maybe it's a debris field.

source: Nasa

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Nice! I wish the crowd that will only believe what is seen on some of the mars images are rocks, would troll somewhere else. But this website being what it is, they have the right to be here as well, as non trolls. I do believe the only way they will believe a rock to not be a rock, will be when , hell I don't know, maybe oblama says it is so. You know, then it will be the find of the century! I see LOT of anomalies that are NOT rocks. There are rocks, then there are Non rocks. It doesn't take a rocket scientist or some ass in a position of trust, for that to be truth.
Just because an item is found not to be a rock, doesn't mean that because someone says it is not a manmade, alien made item, it isn't so. It is what it is. In this case, it looks like a set of wheels. I don't care what some may say, great find! Syx.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Very good find skyblue, thanks for posting it here at ATS. What I also find interesting besides the wheels and axle, is the inner hub and the tip of the axle shown coming out in the center. The odds of a natural rock having all these features together is astronomical in my opinion and experience as a photo interpreter and imagery analyst for my entire carrier.

I think this ranks as one of the best finds yet, and because of the reasons above I'm going with it is highly unlikely that erosion or any other natural action made this from rock. Maybe a historical find ??

To have a better analysis NASA needs to go back for a close up.

edit on 1-10-2014 by lunarcartographer because: added a thanks

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: lunarcartographer
Very good find skyblue, thanks for posting it here at ATS. What I also find interesting besides the wheels and axle, is the inner hub and the tip of the axle shown coming out in the center. The odds of a natural rock having all these features together is astronomical in my opinion and experience as a photo interpreter and imagery analyst for my entire carrier.

I think this ranks as one of the best finds yet, and because of the reasons above I'm going with it is highly unlikely that erosion or any other natural action made this from rock. Maybe a historical find ??

To have a better analysis NASA needs to go back for a close up.

Not a reply to me but will respond anyway!

I am not normaly a fan of these posts but this picture is particularly interesting.

It really does look like a not a rock.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Obama says it so ?

looks like MIchelle just got replaced

funbox

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
There are very few Mars anomaly images that I think are something other than rocks, and this is one of them. Granted that our viewing angle could simply be making an arrangement of rocks appear strange, and viewing it from at least one other angle might help to answer the question satisfactorily. But since we can only go from this image alone, I think it truly is anomalous, which again I hardly ever say about anything on Mars. The color is basically that of the surrounding rocks, but Mars has frequent dust storms and everything is usually dirty, which could mask the underlying texture and colors of the potential anomalous object. The most probable answer is that it is a rock of a peculiar shape, or multiple rocks arranged in a deceiving way, and I wish there were more photographs so we could make a better judgement.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Seriously.

In a picture of a field full of rocks, on another planet, an object that looks like something we have here on Earth.

Have you ever heard of Occam's Razor?

This place is a nuthouse.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
From my experience on the anomalies thread, becoming a bit of a student of how to look at Mars pictures, maybe a B or B- student because I'm not good on the technical stuff, I'd say that this is surely a combination of a few rocks on a highly zoomed-in photograph. And even at that range of photo blow-up, the middle rock, the part which has an optical illusion of connecting the two 'weights', seems much larger than the connecting rod would be, and flairs up and out to the top-left. The rock which contains the front-facing round object is much larger than that object - an object which has an optical illusion of bring rounded on top with a light-reflection but the light reflection is the top and side of this larger rock. The optical illusion of the roundness of the object in back, the other end of the 'barbell', seems to be another rock, quite misshapen from its initially-seen roundness. The only thing interesting to me is the roundness of the two differently-colored images in front, which is cool. But at this distance, and with the rock that contains that object being larger, odds are very great that the rocks, the light, and the shadows are making that look like something other than what it actually is. My two cents, cents decimated by inflation as measured by the cost of postage stamps.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
There`s a lot of strange things in that picture.

1.A box with a handle clearly visible sticking up on top of it.

2. unnatural shaped object with a pipe shaped objected attached to the top.

3.unnatural shaped object with white "writing" on the side of it.

4. A round hollow pipe shaped object.

5. unnatural shaped purple and white object.

6. Round object with a round hole in the center.
edit on 1-10-2014 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: funbox

Sluggy seems to have captured the heart of the American president. Seems to be taking on a life of its own, joining Hugo, Blueit, and many others in the collection of named Martian fauna and flora.

edit on 1-10-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Nice find skyblueworld. Thanks!

Go Tardacus, go!

Does anyone know what sort of scale we are looking at here? How big is that?

Anyone?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join