It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wheels and Axle? caught by Mars Rover Curiosity?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014
a reply to: nonspecific

You're right of course...continuing on your vein of thinking:

-It could be the inner ear bone of huge martian olphants that roamed the martian plains millions of years ago
-It could be a weird, intelligent creature that just happens to look like an axle..oh and it spits diamond dust out of its mouth as a defense mechanism

You see what i'm getting at? Of course it could be all these things...but if we come back down to reality...its nothing.

Honestly, i cannot fathom why you guys have to keep imagining this stuff....isnt the real world incredible enough as it is? Read ONE book of quantum effects and field theory or about the Higgs Boson and it will blow you mind FAR more than these idiotic images/posts.

I agree, I am not saying that it's not a rock but that very often people seem to think that there belief is a form of evidence.

Just because it's a rock and we have as yet no open evidence of extraterestial life does not disprove the existence of axles on Mars. or pencils on the moon.

There is a big difference between thinking and knowing

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Fine, fair enough...but we are all (well, mostly, adults here), so lets take an educated guess...rock or axle?

Yes, i dont KNOW if it's just a rock, but as a reasonably intelligent adult who understands science to a fairly good degree, i can say with confidence...it's a rock. And i really cannot believe that i have to explain this.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Great find

I made the picture just a little lighter, there seems to be definitly a circel inside the "wheel"
Very strange indeed...

edit on 1-10-2014 by drneville because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Fine, fair enough...but we are all (well, mostly, adults here), so lets take an educated guess...rock or axle?

Yes, i dont KNOW if it's just a rock, but as a reasonably intelligent adult who understands science to a fairly good degree, i can say with confidence...it's a rock. And i really cannot believe that i have to explain this.

Ok my personal opinion.

I really really want it to be something that is not a rock.

The chances of it not being a rock are very small indeed.

I can not say with confidence what it is or is not based on a photograph.

If we had proof of extraterestial life than the chances of it being something other than a rock would be far greater.

If I were forced to bet money I would say it was a rock.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
If this was a picture of a remote location on earth and I posted it saying

"hey everybody, theres a rock that has erroded in such a way that it looks exactly like an old train axle" then lots of people would come along and say

"Dude it's just an old axle, whats the chances of a rock erroding in such a way that it looks exactly like an old train axle. Sheesh"

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Also it does appear where it could be an old mine shaft of some sort as well.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

You don't have to explain your opinion. This thread is in this forum for a reason, because to me Skunkworks means to develop a project primarily for the sake of radical innovation.

Innovation is just a new idea.

No facts are given in these types of thread, because their isn't any.

We're being naive though if we think we know everything about Mars!

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Marvin musta dropped it when he was looking for the Illewdium Pew 38 Intergalactic Space ModulaTOR...

but man, if that doesn't look like it fell off a kids wagon or something..

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
A friendly reminder...

Please stick to topic at hand, in this case, red rocks on another planet that vaguely resemble human artifacts.

Any further mention of your fellow ATSers, current or former, will result in the removal of your post. Consider this little tidbit a fair warning.

Many thanks.

+18 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: skyblueworld

ATS has a well-known policy of giving fair recognition to people whose ideas, articles and videos we use as sources. It's just fair attribution. Most times, members don't read the links anyway, but we add the links anyway out of respect, T&Cs and copyright laws. It's a hassle and it's the right thing to do too.

Several members have fallen foul of this policy over the years. For instance, if a member repeatedly plagiarised someone's video channel, it'd be a banning offence.

In this case, your images have been taken from the YT channel of UFOvni2012. Here's a still from the video >>>

Here's the video

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Thanks for the video, although it's of the 'zoom in while playing bad music' variety. Yes, mentioning sources used good, not mentioning them, bad.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

The image was found on google search when I asked it for "Mars wheel" to see if anything was ever posted to resemble one!

It wasn't taken from a youtube channel, but thanks all the same!

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

The image was found on google search when I asked it for "Mars wheel" to see if anything was ever posted to resemble one!

Well you were very lucky indeed to think of a 'Mars wheel' and find it on a google search! What a great coincidence.

Darn it, if my own google search for 'mars wheel' doesn't show anything like that. Technology huh?

If it isn't too late, perhaps you could provide the link for the site where you found it and post that?

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

A picture off some youtube channel which was in the google image search this morning when I decided to write up this thread, does not own copyright over a mars JPL picture, it's not even an issue really is it. The real picture of the anomaly has a link.

But hey type my headline into google and take your pick of the sites running this story in the last 24 hours..

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

edit on 1-10-2014 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

eh? in your op you gave no credit to the youtuber who bastardized one of nasa's images , how come your still here?

funbox

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join