It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wheels and Axle? caught by Mars Rover Curiosity?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnuTyr
that really does look like an axle. The trick is to ask the experts what they see in the image and to not say it's from mars.

Then when they say well that's an axle. You say it's mars

Sorry to burst your little bubble mate, but this trick doesn't work since a change in information will often lead to a change in opinion. If i tell you a dark shape looks like an elephant, then you tell me "Aha!! But its in SPACE", then i will clearly change my opinion on what it is, based on this new info. All you are doing is making yourself look dishonest and childish. There is no "GOTCHA!" moment taking place other than in your head.

Yes, this really really looks like an axle. But since it's on Mars, it clearly isn't an axle. Other than in the active imaginations of ATS members.

Oh yeah, i forgot, NASA photoshops images...except there has never been any proof of this. And obviously they cooredinate with every other space agency around the world so that all the image fakery is the same from any source spanning decades. Yes, thats it.

Seriously, you guys need to go get some fresh air once in a while.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Could you explain how it being on Mars is conclusive proof that it is not an axle please.

I am not saying it is not a rock but there is no evidence that I am aware on that proves that there could not be artifacts on Mars.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: skyblueworld

Good eye to find that image within a much larger picture. The rounded shapes are interesting, although, as we've learned on the anomalies thread many times, when an object is quite a distance from the camera and has to be zoomed-in on much of the shape is compromised or misinterpreted.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Excellent job skyblueworld, and good eyes spotting this artifact. I usually go with rocks based on a career of photo interpretation experiences,including long term NASA Apollo lunar mapping projects; but this does not look like it could be formed naturally. Looks like two wheels connected by an axle, and it is the axle connecting to the centers of the wheels that is hard to explain away as a natural rock feature.

NASA needs to give some of these questionable anomalies a close up look; even if they have to go back to check.

BTW, you have the best avatar IMO, I get a grin every time I see it. Kinda looks like a Chinese lantern.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Because there is NO proof of any civilisation ever having been on Mars other than human probes.

Is it possible its an axle? Sure, why not.
Is is likely...not even a tiny bit.

That for me, is good enough to say its a definited "NO" to being an axle.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

Because there is NO proof of any civilisation ever having been on Mars other than human probes.

Is it possible its an axle? Sure, why not.
Is is likely...not even a tiny bit.

That for me, is good enough to say its a definited "NO" to being an axle.

Lack of proof is not proof.

Is it possible? yes a tiny bit.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

You do know the reasons why we have sent rovers to Mars don't you?

They were sent for exploration that could turn up evidence that the Red Planet once had the necessary ingredients for life -- or might even still harbor life today.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Ummm...not quite. Thee life they were sent to look for is microbe sized. Believe me, there was no one at Nasa who was expecting to find evidence of civilisations.

That's why they work at nasa and you guys day dream on a forum. Reality vs Imagination.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: skyblueworld

I'm Sorry that's just a doorknob

Nothing to see here

Moving on.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Ummm...not quite. Thee life they were sent to look for is microbe sized. Believe me, there was no one at Nasa who was expecting to find evidence of civilisations.

That's why they work at nasa and you guys day dream on a forum. Reality vs Imagination.

I agree that it is unlikley but there could be many reasons that would suggest that the object is not a rock.

I was also under the impression that Nasa and many other organisations are in fact looking for inteligent life in the galaxy.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Care to list any of those reasons?

And yes, they are looking for intelligent life..just not on our neighboring planet.

Listen, i firmly believe their is life elsewhere in the universe, in fact, i would bet my life on it. It seems incredibly unlikely that we are alone. That being said, i don't not believe any of that life has ever visited us or is still visiting us or the other planets in our solar system.

edit on 1-10-2014 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Care to list any of those reasons?

And yes, they are looking for intelligent life..just not on our neighboring planet.

Listen, i firmly believe their is life elsewhere in the universe, in fact, i would bet my life on it. It seems incredibly unlikely that we are alone. That being said, i don't not believe any of that life has ever visited us or is still visiting us or the other planets in our solar system.

1 It's an axle from a vehicle made by a long gone civilisation that originated on mars.
2 It's an axle from a vehicle made by a long gone civilisation that originated somewhere else.
3 It's an axle from a probe sent to explore Mars.
4 The photo is not from Mars.

As to what you do and do not "believe" thats fine but it does not make you right and others wrong.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Why do I keep clicking on these threads? Every time I see a thread that claims to have found something cool on Mars, it's just a rock.

Stop calling rocks things that aren't rocks.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I feel that if you look at something long enough you eventually see what you want to see. It could be dumbbells or wheels and axel but I don’t really see or believe it.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
While I think most of these "aha!" photos which get highlighted here are indeed nothing but rocks, I applaud the interest and effort put into the search. It shows a level of scientific inquiry and passion seemingly absent from the NASA establishment.
This is in stark contrast to the official line, which automatically puts down all possible finds as "just a shadow," "another example of pareidolia," and ridicules all efforts to detect anything anomalous.
The professional skeptics say, "There is of course no evidence of advanced life on Mars," and dismiss any possible evidence as the work of cranks. "There can't be proof of advanced life on Mars because we've already concluded there was never any advanced life on Mars."
One wonders what, if anything, they would accept as proof. I suspect nothing short of a humanoid putting his face into the camera and mouthing, "Hello, Hello, anyone there?"

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

edit on 1-10-2014 by FuManchu2 because: Double post

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: peskyhumans

Why do I keep clicking on these threads?

Because you have no self control, and you're compelled to tell me about a rock...

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

You're right of course...continuing on your vein of thinking:

-It could be the inner ear bone of huge martian olphants that roamed the martian plains millions of years ago
-It could be a weird, intelligent creature that just happens to look like an axle..oh and it spits diamond dust out of its mouth as a defense mechanism

You see what i'm getting at? Of course it could be all these things...but if we come back down to reality...its nothing.

Honestly, i cannot fathom why you guys have to keep imagining this stuff....isnt the real world incredible enough as it is? Read ONE book of quantum effects and field theory or about the Higgs Boson and it will blow you mind FAR more than these idiotic images/posts.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: lunarcartographer

Chinese lantern? Isn't that just a cut away of a 747 balsa model?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join