It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plot to assassinate candidate confirmed - Would the Russians do this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   
This makes me sick and very worried at the same time, if the Russians are behind this then this could get nasty for the Ukraine....

Doctors: Ukraine's Yushchenko victim of bio or chemical agent

Posted: December 7, 2004
9:30 p.m. Eastern

Viktor Yushchenko shown in July 2004 and November 2004 (courtesy CNN)

Suspicions that Ukrainian political leader Viktor Yushchenko was the victim of an assassination plot have now been confirmed, as doctors in Austria say he was deliberately poisoned during the recent election campaign.

The London Times reports doctors at Vienna's Rudolfinerhaus clinic are within days of identifying the substance that left Yushchenko's face disfigured with cysts and lesions, believing it was either a biological or chemical agent, or possibly a rare poison.

Dr. Nikolai Korpan at the clinic says it's clear the candidate was targeted for assassination in the days before last month's election.

"This is no longer a question for discussion," Korpan told the paper. "We are now sure that we can confirm which substance caused this illness. He received this substance from other people who had a specific aim."

Asked if the goal had been to kill him, Korpan said: "Yes, of course," adding doctors would need to re-examine Yushchenko to confirm the diagnosis.

Source

[edit on 7-12-2004 by edsinger]

[edit on 7-12-2004 by edsinger]

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
For once, Ed, I agree with one of your posts!

I read this on Rense last night....But I never saw those pictures, he looks awful!!

Apprently, he first had stomach cramps (sound familiar, Arafat anyone?), and then terrible back ache after he left hospital to go on campaign. He had a catheter inserted in his spine to deliver morphine, so he could continue with his campaign.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
That's awful how his face has mutated in such a short interval. Putin's efforts to consolidate (more) power is really becoming obvious. No doubt he wants a puppet in the Ukraine, arguably the most powerful state that has split from the USSR.

Oh, and nice signature edsinger
. Patton's one of my favorite generals.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Perhaps you can take Putin out of the KGB, but not the KGB outof Putin...

If they can at all link the poison to Russian elements, there may be a big blow up over this one. Whether you were for the candidate or against him, giving him a poison that makes him look like Boris Yeltsin(Sorry, he did...) will not go over well on the Ukrainian populace.

Regardless, the poison may have worked after all. I now wonder about his health enough that he may not be able to run the country, even if he does eventually get elected.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Let's make George Soros president of the Ukraine.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I read an article on the Ukraine elections and found out that the electorate is like the United States and heavily divided, the eastern portion is pro-Russia and the West is pro-West. It would seem odd that Yukos files for Bankruptcy in the United States because this all just leads to more friction between Putin and Bush.........interesting to say the least.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   
There does exist the possibility of an assasination. Russia did not want Yushenko to win as they wish the Ukraine to lean towards Russia. The US and Europe wish the Ukraine to lean towards Europe. The US administration indirectly and possibly directley has been funding Yushenko's party. So it is a possibility. The US has tried to influence the outcome with money, the Russians with assasination.

WASHINGTON � The Bush administration has spent more than $65 million in the past two years to aid political organizations in Ukraine, paying to bring opposition leader Viktor Yushchenko to meet U.S. leaders and helping to underwrite an exit poll indicating he won last month's disputed runoff election.

U.S. officials say the activities don't amount to interference in Ukraine's election, as Russian President Vladimir Putin alleges, but are part of the $1 billion the State Department spends each year trying to build democracy worldwide.

www.signonsandiego.com...

Just one of many sources is you search the net. I admit I do not know how respected the source I have given is. I can post more sources if needed, but it is easy to find yourselves.

[edit on 16-12-2004 by Kriz_4]

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Dioxin can come from anywhere, and doesn't link specifically to the russians.

However, after the poisoning, a building Yushchenko was staying at was foudn to have, parked right outside of it, a car filled with plastic explosives and a detonator or somesuch. Moreso, the type of explosive used was one that the KGB specifically has been known to use.

Now, of ocurse that's evidence of circumstance, but coupled with the backing of Yushchenko's opposition by the Russians, along with the supposed pressence of Spetznaz in Keiv, and the fact that the leader of Russia is a former KGB man himself, well, then things start getting interesting.

If Yushchenko loses the election, image the repurcussions of them launching investigations and the ill will it'd bring. The assasins, as obviously someone tried to kill him, would be better off perhaps if Yushchenko won the election. The worst perhaps woudl be for Yushchenko to loose the election, the Russian favourite to win, and then for the evidencto come to light that it was they who poisoned him, rigged the election, and were collaborating with foreign powers, namely russia. If anyone thought that the election protests over there were a prelude to nuke war, well, they must be really worried in that scenario.

top topics

join