It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next Level BS #8: iStock Republicans, Inept Obama Administration, Gluten Madness, and more...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

All of the Alien movies. anti corporatism.

2012 'climate change'.

The day after Tomorrow' climate change'.

IF only the 'evil' GOP would get script writers like their opposites do.

Then maybe their tv ads wouldn't get mocked.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96
And these movies are paid for by the dems?? I'm still laughing at your attempt to compare a Fox made TV show with liberals...thats rich

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
And these movies are paid for by the dems?? I'm still laughing at your attempt to compare a Fox made TV show with liberals...thats rich

Keep laughing more people watch those shows, and movies than they do campaign ads.

Ya know with tivo and commerical skip less, and less are watching them.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: xuenchen

All of the Alien movies. anti corporatism.

2012 'climate change'.

The day after Tomorrow' climate change'.

IF only the 'evil' GOP would get script writers like their opposites do.

Then maybe their tv ads wouldn't get mocked.

What do any of these films have to do with the gop funding a political ad showing real republicans when none shown are real republicans??? or even Americans??
edit on 30-9-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

What do any of these films have to do with the gop funding a political ad showing real republicans when none shown are real republicans???

Still going on eh.

1. Because they are political ads with paid actors.

That is what they have to do with it.

But hey that damn gop eh.

Decry the GOP for what their opposites consistently do.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

They are not paid actors, they are paid for pictures. Nothing is real in this ad...

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire
So you are fine with paying actors, but not paying photographers for photos instead? What is the difference?

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

One is entertainment, the other is a political ad. One claiming real republicans, but showing people who are not real republicans and in some cases not even real Americans....

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I want to call bull# on part of those gluten claims.

Yes, it's true that not many are intolerant to gluten other than people with celiac disease but eeeeeverything in life needs to be taken with moderation. The problem is that just about EVERYTHING has gluten and many people eat some 3 times or more everyday for years and years.
Hell, even drinking too much water can kill someone.

Gluten gives people bloated bellies, diarrhea and other problems linked to having too much of the same bacteria in our stomachs like obesity and difficulty in fully absorbing vitamins. When taken with more moderation than what we consider a normal diet, those are symptoms improve.

Smoking 1 cigarette per day won't probably give you cancer, 1 meal a day containing gluten won't probably make you sick.

Yes, many people are overreacting with gluten free but moderating gluten intake is surely a positive lifestyle.
edit on 30-9-2014 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: theMediator

I'd say the Mayo Clinic has a pretty decent reputation. There wasn't time to get into it all… but when people were given gluten-free food, and told it was normal bread (or whatever), they then complained of symptoms, even diarrhea.

Gluten-rich foods are responsible for brining humanity from tribes to cities.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

My son is autistic.

Gluten-free/dairy free diet is the closest thing I have seen to a cure...

...yes, it is HARD as HELL to keep him on this diet.

The school won't help with the diet without a doctor's written permission...

...and no doctor I know will do that for autism.

So, unless it is summer vacation; sensory Hell for my son...

Hell...Pain...

Doctor's orders.

(We actually had a doctor refuse us because, as she said, "I'm a doctor, not a nutritionist.")

edit on 1-10-2014 by applesthateatpeople because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-10-2014 by applesthateatpeople because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
a reply to: theMediator

I'd say the Mayo Clinic has a pretty decent reputation. There wasn't time to get into it all… but when people were given gluten-free food, and told it was normal bread (or whatever), they then complained of symptoms, even diarrhea.

This. I can't begin to tell you how many culinary hypochondriacs out there have one "food allergy" or another, who swear up and down they are allergic to this or that, base their diagnosis on some quack selling books, yet have eaten the foods they claim make them sick with no problems. It's all BS. Gluten is the latest boogeyman fad.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

And look where that got us.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I had created a post which I have now edited and rescinded.

I love the word shan't.

I shan't worry about such again.

edit on 10/1/2014 by InTheFlesh1980 because: FU

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Another fantastic show! I'm really loving these. A few comments:

If the GOP wants to show that their party attracts blacks, Latinos, women, gay people and the environmentally concerned, they need to show ACTUAL people who fit those categories. If they, instead, have to search through stock photos just to find people who could appear to be republicans, it clearly and immediately disproves their point... If they have the cash to pay twenty photographers for their pictures (which they do), then they have the cash to pay ONE photographer to take pictures of actual American republicans (which they do). My conclusion? They know what they're saying is BS and think they can, once again, fool the populace. Oops!

On the comment about Obama missing half his briefings, this is 2014. Obama gets ALL his briefings in electronic form every day. It is no longer necessary for the president to be physically present for the meetings to be informed. This is a GOP trick that was debunked in 2009, as well as today. I call BS on that BS. I do agree with everything else he said about Obama.

Gluten-Free. I KNOW there are many people who say they're gluten intolerant and they are not, but the gluten-sensitive DO exist. I am one of them and my story may help others who are.

A couple years ago, I was sick for 4 months. Every day. The doctor couldn't figure it out. I eventually started to lack nutrition and energy. He did a celiac test and it came back negative. I did some research and decided to try an elimination regimen. I cut out sugar, then lactose, then fat, then MSG, etc. No change... Then I cut out gluten. Two days later, I was revived! I did a few tests to make sure that was it and every time, I got sick and then recovered when I cut it back out. For the past two years, I have been avoiding gluten for the most part (some things are worth the suffering). I discovered I have a tolerance threshold, so I could have a little bit without getting sick, but when I exceeded that threshold, I would get sick.

Fast forward to about 2 months ago, I was doing some research on probiotics (totally unrelated to my intolerance) and discovered how sugar has really messed up our guts over the years (See Video here). More research on probiotics that could possibly help balance that bacteria ensued. Talking with those knowledgeable on the subject, I ran across what is considered the best probiotic on the marked, so naturally, I got some. It's called Prescript-Assist. I've been taking it since then.

Over the past month, I have eaten gluten many times and never reached my threshold... What gives? I can have gluten now??? So, back to the research... And what I found has been pretty amazing.

In a startling paper discussing treatment alternatives for celiac disease, research from George Washington University School of Medicine finds that probiotics provide a viable solution for gluten digestion and intestinal health – and likely their absence provides the smoking gun for the cause of gluten sensitivities.

Health Impact News

So, I'm sure the tests at Mayo clinic are valid. Because once you've been sick from a food intolerance, I find it very believable that the mind is strong enough to bring on symptoms from eating something one thinks contains gluten. But in the end, I can't possibly say that the whole gluten-intolerance thing is a sham. I used to think the same thing about some other "popular" maladies.

Great show!
edit on 10/1/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

As someone who has suffered from an undiagnosed gluten allergy for YEARS, I'd respectfully disagree with the 'madness' aspect. Most of these 'articles' in these videos are actually little more than opinion, disguised as a 'news' show.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

When you look at the cost of a Tomahawk missile vs what we waste on gluten free foods...

Wow. If you eat gluten free the terrorists will win.

Slam down a ham on rye, help blow ISIS to the sky.

Just connecting the dots.

Then again, Monsanto apparently causes gluten intolerance, so just do whatever you want.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chronogoblin
a reply to: theNLBS

As someone who has suffered from an undiagnosed gluten allergy for YEARS, I'd respectfully disagree with the 'madness' aspect.

Uh what?, Then how can you claim a "gluten allergy"? About a year ago I thought I was experiencing this so called "gluten intolerance" I had the celiac test done and I had an allergy panel done. Turns out I'm sensitive to flour, oats, corn and much much more that's too embarrassing type :-( My point is it was not GLUTEN!

Fun fact. Most people don't even know what gluten is.

Some links to studies.

Is gluten a cause of gastrointestinal symptoms in people without Celiac disease?

No effects of gluten in patients with self-reported non-Celiac gluten sensitivity

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Gluten is evil!!!! I cut it out of my life completely, all foods, medications, makeup, and hygiene products. Nothing with gluten is allowed inside my home. I feel a million times better, Celiac Disease = no gluten. It's a hard lifestyle and more expensive but worth not having IBS every day.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: theNLBS
About a year ago I thought I was experiencing this so called "gluten intolerance" I had the celiac test done and I had an allergy panel done. Turns out I'm sensitive to flour, oats, corn and much much more that's too embarrassing type :-( My point is it was not GLUTEN!

Well, if that's the case with you, it must be the case with everyone who experiences such an intolerance...

Fun fact. Most people don't even know what gluten is.

And is it necessary for a person to intellectually know what a substance is for their body to be sensitive to it? Those people seemed to be on the "gluten-free kick" and not actually sensitive to gluten, but avoiding it for other unknown health reasons. It's a popular thing for some Californians to do... nothing against Californians.

Is gluten a cause of gastrointestinal symptoms in people without Celiac disease?

So, evidence is limited...

No effects of gluten in patients with self-reported non-Celiac gluten sensitivity

37 people? There are 100 people in my small town who claim to be gluten-intolerant that aren't. LOL It's a fad! Just because a lot of people jump on the bandwagon doesn't mean that gluten-sensitivity doesn't exist.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join