It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marijuana Business Booming in Colorado, The new Silicon Valley.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

It is indeed the black market traders, dodgey good for nothing aholes! Somtimes they sprinkle crushed up glass in there as well while the buds grow to add weight... But yes, you are dead right! All the more reason to end the stupid prohibition...

It was exactly the same deal with the alcohol prohibition and it is exactly the same deal with even the heroin prohibition... Heroin actually has no negative effects on your organs and such. Obviously it is highly addictive, but the fact is you COULD live a long normal life on it if you so choose. What kills heroin users is the dodgers peddlers that cut it with all kinds of crap and the lack of information of potency...

Imagine when you buy alcohol there were no labels to tell you the strength! lol.. I mean okay you would know when you drank it to a degree but a lot of heroin users inject! I know a guy that died just like this, was with him the day before he died.

Prohibition kills, simple as that.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat Here is a study in a uk paper

Of the 90 cannabis-using participants, 76 (84 percent) met criteria for cannabis dependence – which include increased tolerance and use of cannabis, unsuccessful efforts to reduce or stop using, and persistent use in spite of medical and psychological problems made worse by cannabis.

Withdrawal symptoms were reported by 36 participants (40 percent of the overall group), all of whom also met criteria for dependence.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: kalunom
Very happy for my former state of residence!

Meanwhile in Minnesota a mom is charged with child endangerment for treating her 15 year old son with cannabis. He has a traumatic brain injury suffered in a baseball game 3 years ago. The mom is facing 2 years in prison and $6,000 in fines. Not to mention losing custody of her son.

link

I hope the sanity can spread northward.

keep electing democrats in name only (DINO'S) and republicans, and this will continue.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: douglas5

Of the 90 cannabis-using participants, 76 (84 percent) met criteria for cannabis dependence – which include increased tolerance and use of cannabis, unsuccessful efforts to reduce or stop using, and persistent use in spite of medical and psychological problems made worse by cannabis.

Withdrawal symptoms were reported by 36 participants (40 percent of the overall group), all of whom also met criteria for dependence.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Okay so we have established that habitual marijuana use may cause worsening of already present psychological conditions, that it may cause degeneration of cognitive processes and may lead to dependency. Assuming these conditions are all caused by marijuana, where is the necessity for criminalization?

Here in the States we allow adults from as old as 18 purchase and consume tobacco products (which, I'm sure you will agree, are far more detrimental to ones health than using marijuana, even habitually). At 21 we are allowed purchase and consume alcoholic beverages (which again are far more caustic).

I dunno, its hard for me to rationalize. I don't understand why a plant that was born here on earth and that does not impose an immediate threat to one's welfare is practically intolerable to the establishment, yet "they" allow cigarettes to kill hundreds of thousands of people annually (I wont even include the number of folks killed by alcohol addiction), its madness simply put: the only way marijuana can kill you is if you are an idiot and you drive while you are stoned and you crash and die (even then its a matter of driver error) or a serial killer is named Marijuana.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

i agree 100% i week it will kill you next week it is the greatest thing alive you do not know what to believe anymore with anything in the press

Their is a video on Deek jacksons FKN news about the biggest legal killer out there SUGAR kills 3.000.000 per year more than every legal and illegal drug combined

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: douglas5

www.dailymail.co.uk...

that english rag doesn't know squat...what a bunch of crap....

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   
First of all, you have to appreciate these studies aren't done with the best weed being smoked, in that I mean, commercial standard cannabis is generally cropped early by upto 2/3 weeks, leaving you with a product that is raw thc and has a mainly stimulative effect. On the other hand, properly grown(organic and to maturity) and cured cannabis vaporized or sublimated is safe and super tasty

We all like reading studies and using them to justify an idea or belief we hold but they are essentially just gathered data, statistics... and can be worded in many ways when you have the original data at hand, As much as they'd like you to believe Correlation does not Imply Causation. With the same data I could come to the conclusion that people with mental health problems or just heavy stress(most people) may be attracted to Cannabis for it's medical properties or high, to sooth or to escape, or both? I don't think I am 100% factoid correct, I don't think any broad sweeping statement can claim to be correct on a variable so vast as humanity! Cannabis is hardly to blame for the problems we create for ourselves within society. And we need to stop thinking we can explain everything with stupid broad sweeping statements that people carry as a torch into the future as Fact..

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: douglas5

Hahahahaha

oh wait your not joking....
edit on 6-10-2014 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParanoidAmerican
a reply to: douglas5

Hahahahaha

oh wait your not joking....

I wish i was but i had a good look around the church soup kitchen where i was working today at the people who were there 90% are due to drugs ,old before their time and with a mouth full of bad teeth and pickled brains , after chasing the next bigger high in life and buying a plant that is dearer than gold in this country

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join