It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marijuana Business Booming in Colorado, The new Silicon Valley.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: douglas5

Dude everyone i know smokes it with tobacco everyone or in a pipe , i gram of weed is £15 or $ 23 bucks , i know these things
solid is $10 a g ,and while it is not as strong older alcoholics that i have given it to to try and wean them of drink roll about like they have a carry out after a few puffs

Please clarify something for me....

I take it that you are against the use of Marijuana but you give it to drunks anyway? See the disconnect here?

Slowly but surely you are losing credibility!!

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: douglas5

And people say the British are educated beyond us lowly Americans. When so much of the time just in grammatical and or literary narration, or even articulating an idea, you come across as low brow kept in the dark Neanderthals. I can always tell an American simply by writing style and accurate transfer of thought. Though I must say a well educated British accent on a beautiful woman makes me crazy. But wet brain come on brother you can do better than that.

(post by douglas5 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
It's about time. Now we wait for it to be taken off the Schedule 1 list, banks to stop messing with weed businesses, corrupt politicians, law enforcement, oil, timber, cotton, private prison, big pharma, tobacco and alcohol lobbyists, pathetic medical programs that don't help the sick and the absolute horror that is modern day prohibition to finally end.

Why should memories of Hearst, Anslinger, "the Mexicans and their marihuana", "evil" jazz musicians and gun-toting smugglers obscure the benefits of this medication? It wasn't a drug for thousands of years. Then modern governments come along and screw the people over.

Actually it was a drug for sometime before the 1917 drug act. The queen of England took cannabis pills for her monthly cramps and praised God for the drug.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

you come across as low brow kept in the dark Neanderthals. I can always tell an American simply by writing style

It works both ways sometimes

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: douglas5
And in 20 or so years watch how many people develop mental illnesses / wet brain/dementia etc etc costing the tax payers a fortune .

Some of those strains are really strong and kill the brain with lots of exposure ,it is being noticed in the uk how much mental illness is going through the roof with smokers

We heard this same BS in the 60's deformed babies, makes you gay and on and on. Do you have any independent research to back up your claims? As far as mental illness the British have always been a little odd just look a Benny Hill.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Nope different generation. Speaking of generation I grew up and came of age in the very early 70's. I have seen and possible done everything at that time. I am over 60 now and so are my friends from that time period no dementia no wet brain and no wet dreams. No deformed babies no mental illness. Have had the same job for over 30 years along with a lot of my friends of that time period. So your argument about social consequences are a bunch of BS. I have seen more problems with over eating over sexing and over spending rather than over smoking.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: guitarplayer

www.worldlifeexpectancy.com...

Dementia deaths more than double in a decade
The proportion of people dying of dementia has more than doubled in a decade, official figures show, and by 2021 one in eight of all deaths could be due to the brain disease.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

At the moment some 800,000 people in Britain are living with dementia, including about 500,000 from the most common type, Alzheimer’s. Less than half (43 per cent) have received a formal diagnosis. One million are expected to have dementia by 2021.

In fact dementia rates were shown to have been climbing steadily in recent years, with 213,000 diagnoses made in 2006-07 when data was first collected, a 62% rise over seven years.

www.pharmacy.biz...

These subjects also performed badly on memory tasks, and the same abnormal brain structures were apparent 2 years after they stopped using marijuana - indicating long-term effects from heavy use.

Furthermore, the investigators say the deterioration discovered in the thalamus resembles deterioration found in schizophrenic patients who used marijuana.

Of the schizophrenic marijuana users, 90% had been using the drug heavily prior to developing the mental disorder.

www.medicalnewstoday.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Yup about time pot growers/sellers were seen for what they really are! Businessmen! Not "drug dealers" such a pathetic term aimed to slur the good names of these people! Is anyone that sells alcohol or tobacco or coffee or tea etc called "drug dealers"... Same damn deal though!

Wish I lived in america about now! Nice to see a little damn freedom! I don't expect it in the UK anytime soon! The toffs in power know far more than I, the mere peasant boy!

Anyway you go guys! Best of luck to all of you!

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Douglas Douglas Douglas.... See the thing is pal EVEN IF the above is true, or made any sense at all, it just doesn't matter! Want to know why? Because the people taking cannabis are bloomin adults bro! ADULTS! I think they are quite capable of making up their own minds buddy!

Guess what? Cars kill people! Also polute the environment! Horse riding kills people, plus leaves people disabled... Same goes for walking down the stairs, ironing, electrical equipment, slippers (I s**t you not) and over eating! Are you proposing to ban anything that carries any type of risk?

We take risks every damn day and I do not need to be wrapped in cotton wool, thanks anyway

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Meee32

Who is talking about Banning it not me

I was just pointing out my personal observations of people who use it long term , If it works for pain on some people all good , i am glad America has eventually seen sense in some areas and to decriminalize it .

But the real truth is it is seen as normal now to consume it and the cool kids have moved on to bigger and better man made things .

I am lucky to have grown up in a time when it was i did not even think about it till i was in my 20 s , Now the bath salt kids are reaching their teenage years , and the kids who are smoking the sprayed with silicon to boost the weight weed are coughing like a old diesel generator in the morning

It's all good in the hood though

edit on 2/10/2014 by douglas5 because: spelllinnngs

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Sprayed with silicon?! Dude, where the f### are you getting your weed? I have never heard of anything like that in my life... I've had a deepening interest in the sciences and effects of the cannabis plant for 18 years, this is the first I'm hearing of "silicon laced pot"...

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
Dude, where the f### are you getting your weed?

www.siliconsmokeables.com

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

You learn something new every day ?? ,the silicon stays sticky and adds to the weight .

I better say no more on the subject as i have warnings in my inbox , i would rather not get banned

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
With how great it's going for Colorado, It's only a matter of time before it's legalized throughout the whole country.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Feel free to u2u me...

At any rate, who is doing the spraying? I mean, are you trying to tell me that legit dispenseries are spraying their product with silicon? Because I would need a very respectable source before I could believe that.

And if its not the dispenseries then its the black market dealers and therefore all the more reason to legalize it! Put the sale in the hands of reputable business peoples and out of the hands of black market dealers and brutal drug cartels.

Kallisti

edit on Cpm7Thursday1020143731Thu, 02 Oct 2014 19:10:37 -05002014 by CagliostroTheGreat because: cannot abide a typo

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
The main thing is to keep it away from those under 21, which is why all the legit legalization efforts insist on that. Then again, I wish the sugar and caffeine industries were as caring towards their customers as the legal marijuana
industry folks are trying to be, and also insist on an age-of-use stipulation (21 for caffeine, never for sugar).

Are you crazy? Caffeine and sugar? Add marijuana and you have the three staples for a life worth living. I don't want to try to imagine the dreary life you must be 'living'.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join