It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marijuana Business Booming in Colorado, The new Silicon Valley.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Backers are hoping to cash in by backing pot-related startups. Colorado business booming. Cannabis is the next great American Industry.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Yes, spend your money in Colorado, we appreciate it!

So far the legalization seems to be working out for Colorado.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: angkory13

And its about damn time America started to relax on pot. I mean, how many annual deaths from alcohol?

Now how many from herb?

Yet we allow booze but outlaw marijuana. Seem bass ackward to anyone else?

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
It's about time. Now we wait for it to be taken off the Schedule 1 list, banks to stop messing with weed businesses, corrupt politicians, law enforcement, oil, timber, cotton, private prison, big pharma, tobacco and alcohol lobbyists, pathetic medical programs that don't help the sick and the absolute horror that is modern day prohibition to finally end.

Why should memories of Hearst, Anslinger, "the Mexicans and their marihuana", "evil" jazz musicians and gun-toting smugglers obscure the benefits of this medication? It wasn't a drug for thousands of years. Then modern governments come along and screw the people over.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I work with and freelance for a few cannabis tech companies including the ones featured in this video. If you spot the 'whaxy' app banner - fun fact is - when it's released this month you're looking at the online face of it

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Very happy for my former state of residence!

Meanwhile in Minnesota a mom is charged with child endangerment for treating her 15 year old son with cannabis. He has a traumatic brain injury suffered in a baseball game 3 years ago. The mom is facing 2 years in prison and $6,000 in fines. Not to mention losing custody of her son.

link

I hope the sanity can spread northward.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
In the mean time, states like Vermont drag their feet! Burlington could be the Amsterdam of the east coast. (without prostitution) ENOUGH!

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Wait till walmart and cvs start selling the stuff. They will put mom and pop pot shops out of business.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

And NY sits around waiting for Cuomo to wipe the grease of bribery off his hands

Never ends. Funny how DC has a medical program though...

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

The video and article is not about mom and pop shops it's about the lack of tech heads in the mmj market. You wouldn't believe how easy it is to make money in the cannabis industry and I don't mean selling.

Remember it wasn't the gold prospectors that made the millions but the store man selling the pick...

edit on 30-9-2014 by michaelmcclen because: spelling and grammar

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
And in 20 or so years watch how many people develop mental illnesses / wet brain/dementia etc etc costing the tax payers a fortune .

Some of those strains are really strong and kill the brain with lots of exposure ,it is being noticed in the uk how much mental illness is going through the roof with smokers

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: douglas5

Abstract

"Cannabinoids have been found to have antioxidant properties, unrelated to NMDA receptor antagonism. This new found property makes cannabinoids useful in the treatment and prophylaxis of wide variety of oxidation associated diseases, such as ischemic, age-related, inflammatory and autoimmune diseases. The cannabinoids are found to have particular application as neuroprotectants, for example in limiting neurological damage following ischemic insults, such as stroke and trauma, or in the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease and HIV dementia. Nonpsychoactive cannabinoids, such as cannabidoil, are particularly advantageous to use because they avoid toxicity that is encountered with psychoactive cannabinoids at high doses useful in the method of the present invention. A particular disclosed class of cannabinoids useful as neuroprotective antioxidants is formula (I) wherein the R group is independently selected from the group consisting of H, CH3, and COCH3"

I'm sorry what?

www.google.co.uk...

Filled by the good' old USA government!

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

hypothetically speaking even if that was true then what about my quality of life?

I'm (this is true) diagnosed with an autoimmune diesease which there is no cure for, no pain meds or any meds for that matter. Am I to suffer because of a slight risk later in life for an illness?

What if I was to say I'm probbably not going to make it much past my 50th birthday. So should I enjoy and make the most out of the life I have now or should I not try new things to ease my suffering and not to try and prolong the inevitable.

Quality over quantity everytime!

edit on 30-9-2014 by michaelmcclen because: spelling.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

I'm sorry, but I don't believe you know what wet brain is if you think it can be caused by cannabis. Mental illness can be exacerbated by psychedelic use, of course, but there is absolutely 0 proof cannabis can "cause" mental illness in healthy individuals - if you have a family history of mental illness, or suffer from a mental illness, using ANY psychedelic can cause a psychotic episode, but correlation is not causation.

Funny thing is, mental illness/wet brain (which is a thiamine deficiency)/dementia are all most definitely caused by alcohol abuse.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Syyth007

My father in law earned his way to the nursing home at age 62 with dementia. Definitely alcohol induced.
Could not have happened to a better guy, he was a real $&@$...

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

If only Zephyr Teach out beat Cuomo. That woman is a god. Shame incumbent politicians always get such a huge advantage.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

Cuomo's always been a good puppet. NY is like California, except Cali is taking a bigger dose of steroids.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: douglas5
And in 20 or so years watch how many people develop mental illnesses / wet brain/dementia etc etc costing the tax payers a fortune .

Some of those strains are really strong and kill the brain with lots of exposure ,it is being noticed in the uk how much mental illness is going through the roof with smokers

Got any links to back that up?

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Um, my grandmother died and had bad altzheimers; she never drank a drop of alcohol, smoked or did any drugs other than Bayer aspirin and Anacin aspirin for arthritis pain and headaches. She was 92.

My boyfriends mom has dementia and she's 82 and rarely drank.

so no, altzheimers and dementia are NOT caused by alchoholism. Aging alcoholics can get altz or dementia, sure, but not all alchoholics get dementia either.

Smh. People please.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Cannabis is the greatest natural health cure ever but it is a very potent one not to be abused yet abused it is because most people have this idea its just something that gets you out of it for a couple of hours. It is clearly irresponsible to legalize cannabis without an accompanying education program to inform potential users of the risks from abuse (over-use). The benefits from cannabis use outweigh the risks when used in a sensible manner. Be smart and gain, be stupid and lose.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join