It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Test area.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I belong to a lot of different forums around town and NOWHERE do you need a freaking degree to be able to insert images and video. This place makes DOS look easy! My suggestion....Create a test area where people can learn to work this behemoth! It could be wiped on a 24 hr / weekly basis and clowns like me could build mok threads inserting videos, outside links what have you. Some learn by doing and you can write all the explanations you want, it won't help....Some of us are hands on learners....PLEASE!!!
edit on 30-9-2014 by minkmouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
We have a forum dedicated entirely to asking and answering questions here.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: minkmouse

I learned this site in a day.

To upload YT use this [

Then put yvid into the closed squared brackets.

End the code with /yvid in closed brackets.

Now the tricky part. When you paste the URL for the YT yvid ONLY use the alphanemeric sequence that FOLLOWS the = sign. If this doesn't help then I dunno. There are specific threads dedicated to this subject.

Photos you have to upload first then once your pic is uploaded click it and choose the appropriate URL.

Good luck!

Kallisti

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

It's really not that hard, minkmouse. Click the little macros if you don't know how to write the code.

Upload images in a format that ATS accepts (/jpg and .png as far as i can tell) and copy/paste the embed code.

Pretty easy.

When all else fails, RTFM.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 30-9-2014 by AnonyMason because: RTFM

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   

It would waste a ton of time and space...because the processes are really simple. Just a couple clicks each about pics and another couple to add videos!

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Somebody has designated a whole thread as "a place to test uploading youtube videos".
Test area

I also tend to use my Intro thread as a place to experiment (nobody takes any notice of it).

edit on 1-10-2014 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I would love to have a sandbox to play in.

top topics

join