It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human Life span?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I have been wondering lately if the days and years on earth were longer, would we live longer? Since we base our hours, days and years on the rotation and orbit of the earth. would we live longer if it took the earth longer to rotate and orbit the sun? This might be a stupid question but I am curious to see what others think.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I think it comes down to our perception of time. We could just as easily say a day is actually four days and four nights rolled into one. Or a year is four seasons repeating twice.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: geldib

sure. if we wanted to call a day 12 hours or a year 182.5 days then we would live twice as long.

its still not that long.

that is the big cosmic joke. the universe is like 14 billion years old. earth is something like 4 billion years old.
humans live to be like 90 if they are lucky...

big ass cosmic joke.

once you factor in all the early years of your life that you dont remember, the years spent sleeping, the years spent working, and the last years of your life that will probably suck that does not leave much time for living

its a bummer

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I understand that if we could 12 hours as 1 day that we would live longer by the numbers.. I guess what I meant to say is, would we age slower if the rotation and orbit were longer.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

It's my understanding that the physical development of the human species is intimately bound with the cycles of the earth. Were the days longer or the years longer there is a very good chance I suppose that we as a species could easily be very different then we are. And very possibly not be at all.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I would have to say that we can't really determine that. Our lifespan could possibly be related to sleep/wake cycles of the day and not to time. It could even be related to lunar cycles. I don't think we would know for sure unless someone actually researched this by proper testing procedures.

I haven't seen anything addressing this subject anywhere so I can't say much on this subject. I only know what I learn from others research and I have not run into anything like this.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   

If 'You' are reading this You are an Eternal Being and not only have You been 'here' since the beginning You will at 'the end'.. There is no end. You are the snake swallowing it's own tail, repeating, Life-death- rehash- re-birth, Life, death, repeat if necessary.. 'You' are not Your "Body"..It is a vessel to carry the Soul. Now before I divulge thee BIG secret, We are currently running a "2 fer" Special.. I'm kidding.

To see where You're going, see where You've been. Wanting to get off 'the wheel'? One must look "inside" it is ONLY there where You'll find any/every 'secret' that has been known or will be known. That is why "They" want You distracted, looking/searching every where but where the answer 'is'.. What was, what is, what will be.. Why look in the 'past' or worry about the 'future' when everything happens in the "now"?

Why don't more folks KNOW ? (KNOW trumps 'feel' "thought"'believed') Because each 'Self' has to take that journey on their own. There is no pill; there is no other 'Self' that can do that for anyOne. "The Tao that can be TOLD is NOT the Eternal Tao"

SSSSS ssssssssssss SSSSSSSSSS

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Yes considering that in ancient history man lived longer and living things were bigger - this is specifically because the ozone layer was 7 times larger than it is now.

new topics

top topics

join