It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorists Off-Limits But Christians Fair Game

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Well this comes as no surprise to me as the university system in the US is completely eaten up with the leftist agenda, hell I ran into it in the late 90's at a Midwestern university. I spoke my mind and they profs didn't like it, but as an older student, I couldn't be bullied into accepting their lies.

Terrorists Off-Limits But Christians Fair Game

The faculty at UC Berkeley has a set of guidelines designed to keep professors from pushing their personal agendas on students. These guidelines were established to keep the campus from becoming a sanctuary for communist professors. Teaching should �stick to the logic of the facts.� This policy was largely forgotten until recently when a course catalogue for a �Politics and Poetics of Palestinian Resistance� class warned that �conservative thinkers are encouraged to seek other sections.�

The scorn for all of us professing to believe in God is clear in McTighe�s obscene remarks to his sociology class. The reason for this is simple: liberals feel threatened by God. Op-ed pages across the country were echoing with shouts that voters making decisions based on their morals is bad for America. It�s not bad for America; it�s bad for liberals.

Let�s put this in perspective here: liberals have spent the past three years whining about the need to protect the rights of terrorists. Remember the uproar over classifying detainees at Guantanamo Bay as enemy combatants? We were told that we should have more concern for the rights of terrorists. What about giving Saddam the death penalty? Oh, how inhumane! Liberals won�t allow us to shoot terrorists and murdering dictators, but if you believe in God, not only should you be shot, but they want to use an assault weapon.

SOURCE

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I don't think anyone is trying to protect the terrorist. Most of the people who have sent us to war are so called University "intellectuals." Apparently it is okay to be one as long as you wrap yourself in the appropiate flag.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
�Politics and Poetics of Palestinian Resistance� class warned that �conservative thinkers are encouraged to seek other sections.�

Well thats a load of bullcrap. Why shouldn't conservative thinkers, hell any kind of thinkers be encouraged to attend? Are jews discouraged from attending? Yeesh.

The scorn for all of us professing to believe in God is clear in McTighe�s obscene remarks to his sociology class.

Ecclesiastic rule has no place in secular society.

The reason for this is simple: liberals feel threatened by God.

I think its rather that these 'liberals' are threatened by the near maniacal ravenings of the crazies who claim to speak for god, or to be the only ones that can understand god or whatever. "Oh jesus, I pray to you, save me, save me from your followers' sort of thing.

but if you believe in God, not only should you be shot, but they want to use an assault weapon.

What? No one is calling for this.

justanotherperson
Most of the people who have sent us to war are so called University "intellectuals"

Shhh. Don't tell people that. Don't tell them that the redblooded texan in office is a waspy private school rich kid from one of the blue states. Hell, don't tell anyone that the people running the republican party and the neoconservatives are blue staters either.

Edit to add

And whatever you do don't tell any of the moral majoritarians or the rightist religious fundamentalists about levi strauss. Just pretend no one in government studied under him or his students in University

[edit on 7-12-2004 by Nygdan]

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I can understand the opinions of liberals at times. They are scared that our rights can be taken away from us and we may get to a "point of no return".

I worry about the same things but stop short of worrying about the Gitmo guys. And that is if the guys that are at Gitmo are terrorists working for, along side, or sypathize with Al Quada. Now if I am a liberal for worrying that my good guy neighbor is labeled a "enemy combatant" and locked up forever then call me a liberal.

But overall I am far from a Liberal, I am a conservative that is not for Democrat or Republican..... I am for country. I will back and vote for anyone that will advance my country and make it and the World a Better place.

I am not a religious freak so no flamming. I worry that this country is going away from God. When one believes in God and follows the Bible you aknowledge that There is a higher being other than yourself. When you have reached that point that you can not always be right and you tend to look for guidence. When you follow the Bible you believe in a set of laws and list of ways how you can run your life without doing harm to others.

I am not saying read the Bible every day and attend Church every Sunday, I am just saying that if you are good, good things will happen to you.

There are many people in a position of power, be it the Presidency or an educational institution, that can be damaging to this country and the world.

Sorry for the Rant and getting a little off subject.

-Reason

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Well this comes as no surprise to me as the university system in the US is completely eaten up with the leftist agenda,

Just out of curiosity, why aren't people other than people with a leftist agenda trying to get an education? From your post, it seems that the majority of people in the university system are leftists. Aren't other people going to college? Are leftists smarter (can pass entrance exams) or have more money (can go to school without shrinking Pell Grants)? Is this why people other than than leftists are looked upon as not so smart?

EDIT: Dyslexia

[edit on 7-12-2004 by curme]

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 11:17 PM
link   
A piece of information some might find useful:

Banging your head off a wall uses 150 calories an hour.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Academia is leftist and the kids who are not are silenced by fear. I know. It was this way when I got my graduate degree at Tulane University in 1994-95. Being too old to care, I challenged the lies and took the full brunt of a full scale PC vilification campaign. It was vicious and unrelenting. I have to admit that even the faculty was appalled by the abuse I took from the student body, even though they were the ones teaching sedition when they should have been teaching the subjects they were hired to teach.

I had many younger students come to me privately and tell me that they shared my views, but they were just too afraid and had too much at stake to speak out.

This is not the America I grew up in and I would hope that the tide is turning, finally.

[edit on 04/12/8 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Let�s put this in perspective here: liberals have spent the past three years whining about the need to protect the rights of terrorists.

I find it ironic that this guy claims to be a constitutionalist in his Bio. In this statement, he is clearly alluding that none of the terrorists deserve to be tried as such. I guess due-process is only for US citizens of non-Muslim status.

The rest of this article is just a personal vendetta against students at this guys school.

What a joke.

[edit on 8-12-2004 by Jamuhn]

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by curme

Well this comes as no surprise to me as the university system in the US is completely eaten up with the leftist agenda,

Just out of curiosity, why aren't people other than people with a leftist agenda trying to get an education? From your post, it seems that the majority of people in the university system are leftists. Aren't other people going to college? Are leftists smarter (can pass entrance exams) or have more money (can go to school without shrinking Pell Grants)? Is this why people other than than leftists are looked upon as not so smart?

EDIT: Dyslexia

[edit on 7-12-2004 by curme]

No it is the faculty, and those that speak out are hammered for it. The student body leans left but not all are...

Grady I was in the same boat in 1997-98

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Shhh. Don't tell people that. Don't tell them that the redblooded texan in office is a waspy private school rich kid from one of the blue states. Hell, don't tell anyone that the people running the republican party and the neoconservatives are blue staters either.

Edit to add

And whatever you do don't tell any of the moral majoritarians or the rightist religious fundamentalists about levi strauss. Just pretend no one in government studied under him or his students in University

Good luck getting any of them to listen Nygdan. Apparently these people are the majority in the country, yet somehow are the oppressed minority. Go figure.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Academia is leftist and the kids who are not are silenced by fear.

Who needs those cowards anyway? Anyone thats going to be 'shut up' by some teachers or 'liberal' students isn't worth listening to in the first place

jamuhn
In this statement, he is clearly alluding that none of the terrorists deserve to be tried as such.

Only one american citizen is being held at gitmo. Jose Padilla, a convert, who left the country, worked with terrorists, and came back to scope out locations for a radiologic attack. Presumably, the government knows that it doesn't have enough to convict him in court, or knows that it obtained the evidence in a way that would be inadmissible in court, but also knows that he is guilty. He is being held as an 'enemy combatant', even tho he is a citizen. No other citizens are being held in this status.

Apparently these people are the majority in the country

Yes, its a joke to hear about this christian persecution crap. Christians are not being persecuted. Some are just unable to deal with living in a secular society. Thats not persecution.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 04:55 AM
link   
From Frontline's "Son of Al Qaeda"

[Abdurahman Khadr] says he told them it had been a huge mistake for the U.S. military to offer large cash rewards for the capture of al Qaeda suspects because the vast majority of the inmates in Guantanamo didn't belong there.

ABDURAHMAN KHADR: There's only, like, a 10 percent of the people that are really dangerous, that should be there. And the rest are people that, you know, don't have anything to do with it, don't even- you know, don't even understand what they're doing here.

One story, the famous story, I remember- two, actually. One is the father that was brought by his own son. The son gave [his father] a gun and took him up to an American base and gave him up there and took $5,000 for him. That's one story. The second story is of a drug user, a person that, you know, was sitting next to me, not worried about being in jail, not worried about what's going to happen to his family, not worried about what he's going to get. All he's worried about and every time he asks the MPs to come around, asking them for a smoke, asking them for some hashish, for- you know, for marijuana, something like that, you know? Not even- he doesn't even know what he's doing here. Truly a drug addict, not al Qaeda at all.
www.pbs.org...

The ignorant of the US brutalizing the ignorant of Afghanistan so they think they are doing anything useful on the war on terrorism.

Our nation is out of control. Swinging blindly in all directions and causing more problems than it solves.

If intellectual means someone who can actually separate the wheat from the chaffe then more power to them.

Lock people up for being terrorists, not just for being victims of their desperately poor countrymen.

The Bush administration and the entire Washington establishment is bone headed and rash and causing many more problems than they ever solved.

When brain-dead far right wing of Christians are in favor of this stupidity they Have to be stopped.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Pol Pot ordered students and people wearing glasses getting killed, not for their left- or rightwingness, but for the mere fact that intellectuals ALWAYS keep asking critical questions to whatever ruler is in place.

And what about the students in China, asking for more democrazy ? Are those students leftist commies???? The Chinese government at that time called the students "anti-revolutionary"

The big achievement of Carl Rove has been he learned the intellectually challenged to be actually proud of their ignorance, showing it off with obscene bumperstickers, shun away from intellectual debates by covering it with the American flag and if that doesn't help use the big 3 C's, "Coward", "Canadian", "Colllaborators with the Terrorists"

[edit on 10-12-2004 by Countermeasures]

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by slank
Abdurahman Khadr]

What reason is there to beleive any of these stories? I mean, thats all they are, stories. And how can this guy possibly know that only a tenth of the people that are there should be there? He hasn't investigated or reviewed anyone. Has he gotten anyone to admit that they illegally turned anyone in? Doesn't look like it. Looks like all he has is stories about rumours.

Lock people up for being terrorists, not just for being victims of their desperately poor countrymen

I agree, and they are investigating and reviewing the cases of people in gitmo. But some of the very people that they've released have gone straight back to the fight.

The Bush administration and the entire Washington establishment is bone headed and rash and causing many more problems than they ever solved.

When brain-dead far right wing of Christians are in favor of this stupidity they Have to be stopped.

Apparently they have a voting majority so there isn't much that can stop them, certainly not while they're being 'stupid' but not illegal.

[edit on 10-12-2004 by Nygdan]

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Abdurahman Khadr, grew up in a family where his father [and family] was with Al Qaeda and expected that his son would follow in his footsteps. I believe he even met Osama Bin Laden and knew a lot of the people and leaders in Al Qaeda. But the son could not accept all the killing of innocent people for the 'cause' and left.

The CIA used him to give them the information he had and to gather more. They also broke many of the promises they had made to him even though he was risking his life to help them.

One more Black check against the CIA in my book. They don't deal honestly with people.

If you lived in a country where the average annual income was say 700 dollars a year and someone was offering 5000 dollars for Al Qaeda members what do you think would happen? I couldn't be that some people would resort to unscrupulous means would it? A country that has known nothing but war and brutal rule for decades (all your life).

When you realize that at least 80% of the people in Guantanomo shoudn't even be there and the torture and brutality they are receiving is totally unjustified, THEN you realize just how sick a place it is and just how far off track the US has gone.

[edit on 11-12-2004 by slank]

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by slank

When you realize that at least 80% of the people in Guantanomo shoudn't even be there and the torture and brutality they are receiving is totally unjustified, THEN you realize just how sick a place it is and just how far off track the US has gone.

[edit on 11-12-2004 by slank]

Well it depends on ones perspective I guess, I see them as prisoners, if found innocent then fine let them go.

Let me ask you one thing though, do you think the US would fly them across the world if there was nothing to be questioned, how many prisoners total did we have 10's of thousands and yet less than 1000 are in Cuba?

Don't believe everything the press tells you...

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Technically speaking, many Christians, especially born again and evangelial, are Terrorists.

"If you don't trust me, you go to hell, where you will suffer unimaginable agonies until the end of time. That's using fear to coerce a vulnerable, ingnorant population; more commonly known as terrorism.

If Christ existed I'm sure he was a fine man, but the things that get done in his name are terrorist actions designed to inspire fear and allegiance.

The definition of terrorism is quite clear. If the shoe fits, wear it.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
Technically speaking, many Christians, especially born again and evangelial, are Terrorists.

Wrong! Not at all, I am not trying to instill fear at all.....just trying to point out the the Creator gives us a path for ETERNAL life but one has to make it and accept it...

John 14:5 Thomas said to him, "Lord, we don't know where you are going, so how can we know the way?"
John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

It is called trying to help, and not forcing one to believe...

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne

"If you don't trust me, you go to hell, where you will suffer unimaginable agonies until the end of time. That's using fear to coerce a vulnerable, ingnorant population; more commonly known as terrorism.

If Christ existed I'm sure he was a fine man, but the things that get done in his name are terrorist actions designed to inspire fear and allegiance.

Then, it is wrong for people to do this to anyone. It says in the Bibgle many will mislead people in his name. God does not want you to fear him, but to love him. Just like your father loved you since birth. People get carried away to easy because they need someone to show the way. I perfer to do it myself and follow what I must do. I am sorry these people put this to you as to believe or be condemed. I am Roman Catholic, I do not agree with all the teaching, or other religions. Do not be fooled by those who think they found the path to follow. All you can do is remember family values. I usually do not respond to this type of comments, but I do know how you feel. Just hang in there and pray. Prayer does not need to been long and drawn out. Simple words to touch base with him. I do not know if I said anything that would at least made you think, or feel a little better. Love is one thing those bastards can not take away from you. Cheers! their are more good people in the world than bad.

Golden Shellback................Fear from the Deep

PS
Laughter is good medicine to cure evil..........

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Wrong! Not at all, I am not trying to instill fear at all.....just trying to point out the the Creator gives us a path for ETERNAL life but one has to make it and accept it...

John 14:5 Thomas said to him, "Lord, we don't know where you are going, so how can we know the way?"
John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

It is called trying to help, and not forcing one to believe...

You are ever so right. Christians aren't perfect, they just pray to be forgiven and do what is right in the Lord's eyes.

There are many so-called "Christians" that will take the Holy Bible iout of context and use it for their own, self-righteous purposes, but that's not what Jesus was all about.

It is said that Christians will meet death for their belief in Christ.

This I truly believe with how the world is going now.

I would rather much die than to live knowing that I'll never get into Heaven!

[edit on 13/2/05 by Intelearthling]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join