It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC mobilizing: Dallas Hospital confirms First Positive Ebola Case in the US

page: 92
<< 89  90  91    93  94  95 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: antar
a reply to: marg6043

Agreed, so lets both go out and smell the beauty of fall in the air for a few minutes...

I had a "ebola free" weekend. Much needed to be honest. Now trying to play catch up.

However.. my local news (kxxv) said (paraphrasing) only 48 more hours to go, if nobody else comes down then the all clear will be given.

umm.. well.. i............. uuuuuuuugh

It was just a little statement, not a big story. But one that made me hurt my neck whipping my head around.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
This just popped up in my email: 'A nurse's assistant in Spain is the first person known to have contracted Ebola outside of Africa in the current outbreak.

Spanish Health Minister Ana Mato announced that a test confirmed the assistant has the virus. She had helped treat a Spanish missionary who contracted Ebola in West Africa.

Get complete coverage of breaking news on CNNgo, CNN.com'

I haven't seen it posted yet, I don't think???? Sorry if it's a repeat......

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: j.r.c.b.
This just popped up in my email: 'A nurse's assistant in Spain is the first person known to have contracted Ebola outside of Africa in the current outbreak.

Spanish Health Minister Ana Mato announced that a test confirmed the assistant has the virus. She had helped treat a Spanish missionary who contracted Ebola in West Africa.

Get complete coverage of breaking news on CNNgo, CNN.com'

I haven't seen it posted yet, I don't think???? Sorry if it's a repeat......

I heard this today while picking up the kids after school.

Remember how we all had a feeling of doom after watching the Spanish Pope arrive home. All the special procautions they took.

And most importantly, how long ago was it, that the Spanish Pope died? Wasn't it more then the 2-28 days of incubation?

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Justaposter
The stupid exhibited by those we have placed in charge makes my head hurt. By their own admission..2-21 days with the majority occurring in 6-12...yet they are chomping at the bit to declare an all-clear.

Remind me again how many days ago Pedro Powerwasher washed all that puke down the storm sewer? How many days since Judge Jughead drove the family to their new house? How long since the decontamination dummies aerosolized an entire apartment with the front door wide open and never even bothered to evacuate the building even temporarily?

THE STUPID, IT BURNS! MAKE IT STOP!

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Kentuckymama

Here is something I found that may give you some peace of mind Kentuckymama. After a little more research into the whole ZMapp production process I've found that the virus which is injected into the tobacco plant isn't ebola itself, but the tobacco mosiac virus. Scientists encode the genetic information to create the antibodies that fight ebola into the TMV, and then inject the virus into the tobacco plant. From there, the tobacco plant becomes a antibody factory producing ZMapp or whatever else the TMV was encoded with.

The wikipedia article should be more clear on this, it only mentions that the tobacco plant is injected with a virus not which virus.

This article here describes the process, known as magnifection.

From NatGeo...
edit on pm062014102014Monday by adomol because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Delete please.

edit on 7-10-2014 by 2gd2btru because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
It's funny the information that one can stumble across when they aren't looking for it. As I was looking into ZMapp production, I stumble across this little nugget of information. Reynolds America (big tobacco) bought Kentucky Bioprocessing in Jan 2014, just one month after the first reported death in this current ebola outbreak back in Dec 2013.

Now I've never been much for conspiracy theories, but it seems a bit convenient for Reynolds American (which is 42% owned by London firm British American Tobacco) to buy a manufacturer of a potential ebola cure when they did.

At this point the speculation can fly through the roof. This may warrant its own thread?

nytimes...

Patient Zero in the Ebola outbreak, researchers suspect, was a 2-year-old boy who died on Dec. 6, just a few days after falling ill in a village in Guéckédou, in southeastern Guinea.

Businessweek...

As of January 2, 2014, Kentucky BioProcessing, LLC operates as a subsidiary of Reynolds American Inc.

NBCnews...

But amid perhaps the most ambitious image makeover in corporate history, Reynolds American’s new direction got a timely boost Tuesday. Its recently acquired subsidiary, Kentucky BioProcessing (KBP), emerged as a key player in developing emergency Ebola treatments used on two American missionaries. The medium to produce that medical breakthrough: tobacco plants.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Did anyone post a link to the WFAA story about Duncan's Fiancee and how she is mad about not getting information on his treatment?

www.wfaa.com...

If you go to facebook and search for WFAA you can see this story and read the comments. They are really getting interesting.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Four people, including the nurse who tested for Ebola on Monday, were hospitalized and being monitored over suspicion of potential contagion of the deadly disease, Spain's health authorities said on Tuesday. Officials for Madrid's health system told a news conference those hospitalized included the nurse's husband, a traveler from Nigeria and another health worker.

Officials also said the nurse, who did not leave Madrid during her vacations, was currently being treated with drip using antibodies from previous infected patients.

source

Wonder if the traveller from Nigeria was exposed to this nurse or if unrelated?

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman

Maybe something to think about:

Leonard G Horowitz, born in 1952, is an American expert in the field of public health, but also author of controversial books and a thorn in the flesh of those who some call 'the real rulers’.
In a previous life he was a famous dentist who organized training courses with support of the U.S. Government. He was consulted by the same Government in a murder investigation and discovered what he calls an unbelievable conspiracy. So he started a real crusade against what he calls ‘the greatest hypocrisy in history'.
He accuses the real rulers and the pharmaceutical industry to cultivate fear for personal and economic benefit. Medications and vaccinations are -according to him- only in a fraction of cases useful and often do more harm than good.
But that's only the least of his ‘conspiracy’ theory.
He claims that the real rulers use unethical methods to curb overpopulation. He says -among other things- ‘be aware of the fact that the real rulers will spread viruses and other pathogens to curb overpopulation. They want to keep overpopulation under control.’ We think he means especially overpopulation in Africa. Read further through the site www.evawaseerst.be...
I don't know what to think about Ebola nor about what Horowitz says. I rest my case your honor.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

Double face palm....AGAIN!

El Mundo reported that it was the nurse who asked to be tested for Ebola, having to insist repeatedly on being tested before it was done on Monday.

While staff at the Alcorcón hospital were waiting for the test results, the nurse remained in a bed in the emergency room, separated only by curtains from other patients, hospital staff told El Mundo.

Their version of events clashes with that of health authorities, who have said the patient was isolated from the first moment.

Source

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: adomol

What I find terrifying is something I read based on a link here in this thread which stated that this process actually blocks DNA in the host. Blocks DNA?

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

That picture breaks my heart, is it because I am an empath of sorts or is it clear as day to even the most hardened of hearts?

Ok something I have been thinking, I pose to the community:

Is it possible that this is a ruse to get people to beg for help at Ground Zero, Africa?

With all of the billions being funneled into Africa which is not reaching to the pandemic but instead lining the pockets of the vested interests and the criminals who used funds to evacuate their own families and constituency, not without a tidy sum to hold them over and to be part of the New Africa future Infrastructure, will this cause other Countries to also join in with manpower (cannon fodder) and more cries for help at Ground Zero?

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: antar

And if it is blocking DNA, will the people in Africa be the test subjects within the coming weeks and in return for their salvation change the course of their evolutionary paths created by existence, God and instead become the sterile or mutations of studies as evil as GMO developments? Come on Tobacco? With all the healthy and life sustaining plants on this planet why a carcinogenic?

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: antar

No need to stress yourself about the "dna blocking" any more than you are already stressed, antar. Thats how viruses reproduce. They enter the host cell, hijack the 'machinery' of the cell and use it to build little tiny virus factories. If the cell is building virus copies it cannot reproduce normally. The end result of this cycle is typically cell death.
www.virology-online.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
On my other computer, that post above is still swirling around as if it has not posted yet... now if I continue to hit 'send' o ty to get the freeze and waiting fo ATS, it will do what happened the other day when I got 5 warnings and off topic posts removed...

Just saying. When I reported it to the mod a day or so later when I checked my inbox, they said, Oh well it has already expired so no worry. Just 500 point deductions per waning...

no r on this comp, lol

edit on am1031amTue, 07 Oct 2014 09:42:07 -0500 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: netwarrior

Star but at what point does it change the destiny of the host? I mean logic says that the block will not know the difference between ebola or a normal future for those cells. Are we tying to stop human evolution to its higher form?

Edit to add, funny how stress works, when something like this comes along people like my self get concerned of course, that is the charge behind a continued need to bring forth balance and truth, yet it is almost liberating in that stress is actually relieved.

When you sense something, cant quite put your finger on it, or go out on a limb for as long as I have at the risk and even guarantee of being considered a nutjob because you know in your gut instinct that things are headed in a certain direction even though the majority chose to remain blind consumers, it is more like a state of validation verses stress.

It is so much simpler, easy to go outside or shopping, and ignore all of this than to sit and try to put the jumbled mess in a perspective that the human mind can wrap itself around and understand with a sense of clarity and direction o purpose such as using your intelligence to prepare, do all you can to stay truly informed and then go about your business with awareness.

So change that word stress with awareness and you will begin to understand me a bit better.
edit on am1031amTue, 07 Oct 2014 09:53:06 -0500 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: adomol
It's funny the information that one can stumble across when they aren't looking for it. As I was looking into ZMapp production, I stumble across this little nugget of information. Reynolds America (big tobacco) bought Kentucky Bioprocessing in Jan 2014, just one month after the first reported death in this current ebola outbreak back in Dec 2013.

Now I've never been much for conspiracy theories, but it seems a bit convenient for Reynolds American (which is 42% owned by London firm British American Tobacco) to buy a manufacturer of a potential ebola cure when they did.

At this point the speculation can fly through the roof. This may warrant its own thread?

nytimes...

Patient Zero in the Ebola outbreak, researchers suspect, was a 2-year-old boy who died on Dec. 6, just a few days after falling ill in a village in Guéckédou, in southeastern Guinea.

Businessweek...

As of January 2, 2014, Kentucky BioProcessing, LLC operates as a subsidiary of Reynolds American Inc.

NBCnews...

But amid perhaps the most ambitious image makeover in corporate history, Reynolds American’s new direction got a timely boost Tuesday. Its recently acquired subsidiary, Kentucky BioProcessing (KBP), emerged as a key player in developing emergency Ebola treatments used on two American missionaries. The medium to produce that medical breakthrough: tobacco plants.

After thinking about this info last night I think you may be on to something. Things may not be as they seem. A lot of money to be made off of this scare. We have had 7-8 cases in America from other countries. Not one case has began in America. Only possible cases could be from the man in Dallas so far so good. Good work!

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: adomol
One more thing this may need its own thread to inform people.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

I seriously question the Guardian's reporting of the following:

Staff at the hospital told El País that the protective suits they were given did not meet World Health Organization (WHO) standards, which specify that suits must be impermeable and include breathing apparatus.

Staff also pointed to latex gloves secured with adhesive tape as an example of how the suits were not impermeable and noted that they did not have their own breathing equipment.

Read more at www.westernjournalism.com...

I looked up what the WHO and the CDC expect with regards to EBOLA and PPE use:

WHO EBOLA PPE POSTER.

CDC EBOLA PPE POSTER.

So the accusation is a lie.

Looks like someone is falling all over themselves to pin the blame on the hospital for the infection.

new topics

top topics

<< 89  90  91    93  94  95 >>

join