It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC mobilizing: Dallas Hospital confirms First Positive Ebola Case in the US

page: 90
<< 87  88  89    91  92  93 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: CardiffGiant

originally posted by: marg6043

I can not blame them, I rather take the trip looking for an opportunity to survive than dying doing nothing.

i cant blame them either. i would do the same thing if i were in that situation.
that said....lock them out
we dont need to import ebola infected people to possibly infect others while trying to get medical care they are not going to pay for

I could not agree more. Personally, reading about all the recent possible cases is making my head spin.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: judydawg
What part of NC?

As near as I can tell when I threw together my coincidences thread, about 30 minutes from Charlotte, where, agaon as near as I can tell, the Brantly family is in seclusion...or was until Brantly started galivanting around to DC and Nebraska. I still smell scapegoat/coverup.

Another connection for you, Lucidity. Brincidofovir is manufactured in NC
edit on 6-10-2014 by ValentineWiggin because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-10-2014 by ValentineWiggin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

Oh. Thank you. We found WAY more connections back in July/August. Let me see if I can find a link or two.

Also, the serum some were given is tobacco based, right?

Check this thread...

The whole thread is pretty good. I just pulled out my posts to get you to the top one. Hope it works.

The other biggest threads I've seen with the most data so far have been the Atlanta one and this one and a few more:

Ebola Epidemic Could Become Global Crisis

Ebola: Facts, Opinions, and Speculations.

Ebola Patient in Atlanta Hospital

Ebola - my visual charts & projections based on WHO data
edit on 10/6/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

The Zmapp is tobacco based, I am just hearing about Brincidofovir for the first time.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Same. But then, they've had a lot of vaccines/cures for ebola on the back burner for years (20+). The issue was always...wait for it...a lack of test subjects. So what we could have here is either 1.) more test subjects = more funding = more profit or 2.) science actually helping humanity. Meh...maybe both I dunno. In either case, when more wealthy countries are affected, there appears to be more effort.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: CardiffGiant"IF i became a doctor it would be to get paid first and foremost. healing people would be a distant second. sounds shallow but its the truth. "

Please don't become a doctor. That's exactly what's wrong with our healthcare system in America, and why so many people die/suffer from medical treatment. Too many people working in healthcare (from doctors to administrators to insurers) for ALL the wrong reasons.
edit on 6-10-2014 by RoyalBlue because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: new_here

The Commander in Chief of the DoD needs to give that order. And hopefully those boots on the ground he sent have the below qualifications.

Army critical care nurses are vital in the biologic medical defense against unidentified infectious diseases, accidental occupational exposures, or intentional dispersion of weaponized biologic agents.

edit on 6-10-2014 by 2gd2btru because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoyalBlue
a reply to: CardiffGiant"IF i became a doctor it would be to get paid first and foremost. healing people would be a distant second. sounds shallow but its the truth. "

Please don't become a doctor. That's exactly what's wrong with our healthcare system in America, and why so many people die/suffer from medical treatment. Too many people working in healthcare (from doctors to administrators to insurers) for ALL the wrong reasons.

dont worry. never will
just being honest though. it would be about cash for me.
i say all the time though i would love to go through med school with no intentions of practicing medicine

edit*
this is the real world though. money is a motivator. i have no doubt there are loads of doctors out there that want nothing more than to help people. thats why doctors work in free clinics and volunteer their time.
still though. money plays into it.
just cause you want to get paid dont mean you have no interest in helping people.

edit on 6-10-2014 by CardiffGiant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves
a reply to: CaPpedDoG

Although Mukpo isn't sure how he was infected, he told his father that it's possible he was exposed when he was spray washing a car in which someone had died to disinfect it. That can expose people to Ebola, if blood or other fluids splash up and get into a person's eyes, Britigan said.

Source

Flashbacks to powerwashing vomit off the sidewalk in front of the apartment where Mr. Duncan stayed, anyone?

Frickin' fantastic!

I took a break from this thread for a bit because it was truly effecting my mood and demeanor around my family. I was just getting angrier and angrier.

I can't remove the images from my brain of that man power washing outside of the apartment building and, after reading your post, I'm almost becoming numb....from more anger.

I want to stay informed, just as we all do but, this mess is just too much to take in unless done so in small doses.

On a side note, I have to hand it to all of you that have stayed on this thread basically non-stop. Kudos to you and you all have my utmost respect.

This is a great site with amazing members!!!!

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Conerup for sure.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: graceunderpressure
Ebola in Spain: Nurse 'infected in Madrid'

A Spanish nurse who treated an Ebola victim in Madrid is thought to be the first person to have contracted the virus outside Africa, health officials say.

The nurse tested positive for Ebola in initial tests and doctors are awaiting final results, according to reports.

She was part of the team that treated Spanish priest Manuel Garcia Viejo, who died of Ebola on 25 September.

The nurse was admitted to hospital on Monday morning with a high fever, Spanish newspaper El Pais said.

Doctors isolated the emergency treatment room, the report said.

Well, at least they isolated her and didn't send her home with antibiotics. I wonder how long she'd been symptomatic, how she got to the hospital, etc.

I just want to note for documentation purposes the nurse is sick approximately 11 days after the man Manuel Viejo that she treated in Spain died from Ebola.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ValentineWiggin nurse became sick 11 days after he died, so, when along the line did she catch it from him ( just wondering)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: whatnext21
Did someone say India, everything is moving really fast with potential or suspected cases popping up.
Ebola Outbreak: India Monitoring Possible New Ebola Victim From Japan

Yuko was planning to tour Manipur, but her trip was cut short when she began to exhibit symptoms of a potential Ebola infection. After tests for more common illnesses came up negative at Imphal’s hospital, doctors sent blood samples to India’s National Institute of Virology to be tested for Ebola, The Hindu reported.
If she's found to be positive for Ebola, Indian health officials may decide to have her moved to the Regional Institute of Medical Sciences, Imphal, because it has an isolation ward, which Imphal’s J.N. Institute of Medical Sciences, where she's currently being held, does not, according to India’s Z News service. Z News added that Indian officials may decide to screen visitors to Manipur for the Ebola virus infection.

WHAT??!!!!! What??!!! My brother in law is in India at this very moment working!!!! Better tell him to get the hell on a plane & get out!!

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I wasn't going to say anything, I agree with you. I wouldn't go. The 4 worst days of my life was when my sister died at 47 years old of a massive heart attack.

There were people there all the time some I didn't know, some just to gossip, some because they are freaks, and a social reunion, southern small town and all that. they made me sick. I was so hurt and had to sit there and do the all charming thing. When I just wanted to be alone with family.

We have all decided no funeral, creament ASAP over with. I would never put my boys through that . I even told my boys what to do with my ashes. This is so hurtful and sad. I pray for the family to find peace and comfort from GOD.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Thank for all of the links,, ~Lucidity, I am making my way through the first one.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

And the tobacco capital, something in the tobacco is where they say has something in it to cure Ebola.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: j.r.c.b.

WHAT??!!!!! What??!!! My brother in law is in India at this very moment working!!!! Better tell him to get the hell on a plane & get out!!

Lol, 1 bilion people in India.Your brother have half a bilion better chances to die from failing coconuts than ebola.I'm having a good laugh from some posters here

edit on 6-10-2014 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
And the tobacco capital of Southwestern Ontario is Tillsonburg...my back still aches when I hear that word!! Just a little bit of lightness to ease the pain of what is really going on.

edit on 10/6/2014 by whatnext21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Today another antiviral was cleared by the FDA for treatment of ebola, this new anti viral was given to Mr. Duncan that while critical is in stable condition, let see how he does with the drug.

Perhaps we go a winner.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Sorry if this went through already. it looked as though the connection failed the first time. Post from ProMEDMail.org

Marbrug Virus Disease: Uganda

new topics

top topics

<< 87  88  89    91  92  93 >>

join