It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC mobilizing: Dallas Hospital confirms First Positive Ebola Case in the US

page: 88
<< 85  86  87    89  90  91 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: CardiffGiant

originally posted by: ValentineWiggin

You absolutely cannot help someone who wont lift a finger to help themselves. If the African government and people will not utilize the tools they are given to fight it, then we are just putting ourselves at risk for no good reason. If the people insist on relying on their faiths and customs more than facts and science on how this disease is spread, then we cannot help them.

right on my friend. ive been saying this as well.

a couple weeks ago before this dallas situation obama sent or said he was going to send 3k people over there to help.
i think we should send exactly 0 people over at least until they get their # together over there.

they are burying the dead bodies instead of burning them. then animals dig them up and the disease spreads more.
its not like they dont know...they do know but for religious reasons or tradition or both they continue to bury instead of burn.
that is just 1 thing out of many that needs to be changed over there before we send people into the danger zone.

if theyre not stepping up then we shouldnt swoop in to save the day.

i know i know...ebola is a world problem, not an african one.
true to a point.
its an outbreak over there. over here there are some isolated cases.

i would much rather see the us lock down travel to and from. i would much rather see the us lock it down indefinitely for people wanting to visit from africa.
i would much rather see the us make us citizens in africa that want to come back go through a mandatory quarantine process BEFORE setting foot back on us soil
i would much rather see 3k people work the problem here.
i would much rather see the money spent ad the money we would spend in the future in africa stay right here to fight the problem.

Right on. Makes sense. It's a moot point though. I think the world has gone mad. We can't even wipe our own ass over here how are we going to step in and fix their problems over there? In a perfect world maybe. In reality, we are screwed. In an age of idiocracy get ready to see Ebola for the rest if your life.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl
It's also being reported here in Dallas that Duncan is still in critical condition but that the family is now driving in from NC to be with him. His doctors encouraged it so I wonder if he is getting ready to pass away?

WHAT they can,t go near him, what is the point? When he is dead is Ebola dead, I don't think so.

What part of NC is this? That is at least a 10 hour drive.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: judydawg
[
WHAT they can,t go near him, what is the point? When he is dead is Ebola dead, I don't think so.

maybe they are going to suit up.
maybe they are going to look at him through the glass.
who knows?

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: whatnext21

80 Students at Penn State? Seriously???
What were they thinking?

And what do they mean by monitoring? Taking their temperature twice a day?
If they live in dorms, that is really, really bad.
So, they don't have a temperature this afternoon... Then they wake up in the night with a headache, use the dorm bathrooms, the fever gets worse, they sweat all over their shared room. Even it hits fast, and even if they ask for help fast (which college kids are not known to do), by the time help comes, they could have infected many others in the dorms.
Dorms, or even shared housing, are like petri dishes of disgusting things even in the best conditions.

They should never have gone to the affected locations.

What they don't specify is - are they American Penn State students who visited Africa, or are they foreign students on a student exchange program to attend school here?
Student exchanges with affected locations need to be stopped immediately. I am sure they have not been, based on first-hand knowledge of the current status at other schools.
edit on 10/6/14 by BlueAjah because: clarifying

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: judydawg
Well, if the reports are true that Mr. Duncan is on a ventilator and dialysis, the organ failure would likely be catastrophic. Not surprised the family was summoned. "
Look for life support to be d/c'd.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: judydawg

originally posted by: texasgirl
It's also being reported here in Dallas that Duncan is still in critical condition but that the family is now driving in from NC to be with him. His doctors encouraged it so I wonder if he is getting ready to pass away?

What part of NC is this? That is at least a 10 hour drive.

Charlotte. It's about a 16 hour drive. They apparently left at 11:00 pm last night.

Yeah, I know they can't go near him. I have no idea how they plan to be with him.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Sierra Leone Records 121 Ebola Deaths, 81 New Cases in Single Day
FREETOWN, Sierra Leone - Sierra Leone recorded 121 deaths from Ebola and scores of new infections in one of the single deadliest days since the disease appeared in the West African country more than four months ago, government health statistics showed on Sunday. The figures, which covered the period through Saturday, put the total number of deaths at 678, up from 557 the day before. The daily statistics compiled by Sierra Leone's Emergency Operations Centre also showed 81 new cases of the hemorrhagic fever.

www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I just knew from where i live it is 10 hour drive from where I am in Western NC and yes 5 hours from here to Charlotte. This is so sad and I am mad at the same time. a reply to: texasgirl

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

It could be that Thomas Duncan's Faith Family has reached out to them to provide comfort. If it were my loved one I would go, especially since Louise Troh would not be able to be with him, and other family members may need help. Don't get me wrong I would be overly precocious while helping, but I would help.

www.dailymail.co.uk... ition.html

The home they are being held in and meals are being provided by their church. It sounds like their minister is doing all he can to keep in touch with Ms Troh.

County Judge Clay Jenkins who said that the faith community had donated the home drove the family there personally.
A Wilshire Baptist Church spokesman today confirmed that they were supporting the move financially and had been providing meals for the family.

It also says Youngor was in quarantine with her children.

Ms Troh’s other adult daughter, Youngor Jallah, 35, lives in Dallas and is in quarantine along with her four children ages 2 to 11 having tended to Mr Duncan and traveled with him to hospital last Sunday.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: 2gd2btru
a reply to: texasgirl

It could be that Thomas Duncan's Faith Family has reached out to them to provide comfort. If it were my loved one I would go, especially since Louise Troh would not be able to be with him, and other family members may need help. Don't get me wrong I would be overly precocious while helping, but I would help.

www.dailymail.co.uk... ition.html

The home they are being held in and meals are being provided by their church. It sounds like their minister is doing all he can to keep in touch with Ms Troh.

County Judge Clay Jenkins who said that the faith community had donated the home drove the family there personally.
A Wilshire Baptist Church spokesman today confirmed that they were supporting the move financially and had been providing meals for the family.

It also says Youngor was in quarantine with her children.

Ms Troh’s other adult daughter, Youngor Jallah, 35, lives in Dallas and is in quarantine along with her four children ages 2 to 11 having tended to Mr Duncan and traveled with him to hospital last Sunday.

His mother, brother and nephew all live in Charlotte, NC and were encouraged to come down and be with him. Because it's his mom they contacted I would most likely think it's really bad news.

I feel bad for the family. My thoughts and prayers are with them.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
So let me get this straight. If it wasn't for good Samaritans they would still be in that apartment? Wth are all the FEMA camps for if they aren't even going to use them?

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: nukedog
So let me get this straight. If it wasn't for good Samaritans they would still be in that apartment?

Pretty much.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I am curious as to who will be funding Mr. Duncan's medical expenses. Assuming he didn't magically obtain health insurance before exhibiting symptoms. (noted sarcasm)
I went in a few years ago (uninsured at the time!) for influenza. 12 hours and 4 liters of fluids. $11,000.
I am sure his bill is going to be outrageous.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: alishainwonderland

i would bet that is one bill that wont be getting paid.
a big ole write off

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Things aren't looking good for Mr. Duncan, so it's most likely a moot point.

If I had to take a S.W.A.G.* at who is going to pay I would say "Emergency Medicaid", if not the hospital will take the loss and simply raise prices to cover themselves.

*Scientific Wild Ass Guess

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I hope the hospital eats the bill.
They probably won't, but they should.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

blog.visitorscoverage.com...

Liability for medical bills of visiting parents, relative or travelers- Those who are considering sponsoring a US visa for their folks, who are either seeking a visitor visa, legal permanent resident status or students visa, here is some useful information. The sponsorship document, form I-134, also referred as “Affidavit of Support” can be legally enforceable. So please ensure to provide such document more responsibly.

The I-134 is a contract between the sponsor and the US government stating that the sponsor will be responsible for the visitor/beneficiary while the person is in US. Make sure that the sponsored person has financial support for the time period of the stay. i.e. basic amenities to support their living and welfare in US which, includes food, boarding, clothing, & health care.

If the person you are sponsoring becomes a public charge or government’s liability, then the agency offering assistance can sue you to the recover the cost. You will be able to notice this information when you review point 4 to 6 in form I-134 which states such responsibilities.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus
if not the hospital will take the loss and simply raise prices to cover themselves.

thats what they do for everyone else...
why not ebola man

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: judydawg
What part of NC?

As near as I can tell when I threw together my coincidences thread, about 30 minutes from Charlotte, where, agaon as near as I can tell, the Brantly family is in seclusion...or was until Brantly started galivanting around to DC and Nebraska. I still smell scapegoat/coverup.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: 2gd2btru

Youngor reported Sunday that the CDC told her she is no longer required to be isolated. She had direct contact with him when he was symptomatic. Don't get me started again on what in the world the CDC could possibly be thinking. I guess only homeless people without person to person contact are worthy of having a manhunt put out on them. No offense to her and her family, but this decision is a bonehead one.

new topics

top topics

<< 85  86  87    89  90  91 >>

join