It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC mobilizing: Dallas Hospital confirms First Positive Ebola Case in the US

page: 76
<< 73  74  75    77  78  79 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

I agree, the retrovirus behave more like the flu, contact to contact and airborne, both virus, just like ebola, but lighter in nature than ebola that due to its composition it can not be airborne.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I want to know about money and if money can be contaminated. I know there are members in this thread much more educated on that kind of information than me, can anyone tell me the ins and out of paper money in regards to the disease and if it can spread it?

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Since ATS has always proven to be a microcosm of the general public's interests, the fact that this thread is losing it's momentum and dying down for more 'chasing the car tire' type media circus diatribe [to waste time or wear away] whatever the plan is seems to be working ie look! Someone vomiting on a flight! Gossip and rumor mill taking the place of the missing facts and information sharing of the known cases we know are being tracked.

Has the President even stepped in? News conferences and updates should be happening.

From what we have seen, people expect WHO and CDC to be running the show and keeping us abreast but it is looking more like a regional and local news event instead.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

It has been discussed in this thread and I think one on the forum about loose change being a problem as well.

IF we were to go into a state where people stop using money and go to their debit and credit cards only, isnt that what the NWO has wanted all along?

I know I feel really weird when I have to touch screens in the store to use my debit card, and sometimes the cashier touching it sends off alerts I just have to cope with. Touching the screens, touching the little pen to e-sign, its all infection bound.

Some people think ordering online will be safer and delivery straight to your home, but is it? I think black friday will see an up surge of this type of spending to stay clear of public places but the Mail, UPS type delivery systems are going to be just as unsafe as any other public means of buying.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: antar

I wouldn't be so quick to jump on the membership like that, antar. The thread is pretty comprehensive and a everyones feelings, specualtions, and ideas have pretty much been spent. Also, there has been a genuine lack of new news concerning any new ebola cases, and the suspected cases have been declared negative.

We all know that Texas has handled their situation very poorly. However other situations around the US seem to have been handled in much better and proactive ways. Personally I'm still concerned about the people who are being monitored in the Dallas area. New news updates concerning their condition would be nice. Especially since patient zero's condition has taken a bad turn.

Lack of new posts doesn't mean lack of interest. When new updates are available, I'm sure you'll see plenty more activity.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

I agree antar, I posted yesterday the latest circus media information from CDC, I will move the information again.

CDC chief warns against restricting entry to the US over Ebola crisis

www.foxnews.com...

Yes, he also wants us Americans to be "compassioned" meaning that we should welcome any person from West Africa with open arms even if that means we getting infected in the way for them to better care.

The man needs to get his head out of his rear end and smell reality.

Sounds more like pro immigration political agenda than anything else.

Also, so far I can not find any President speech on ebola as of today, I may be wrong so I hope somebody can find something, it kind of looks very weird that he has no come out and reassure the population about what the government is doing.

I got the feeling that has to do with his latest show of campaigning for amnesty and how he has been having dinners with pushers for amnesty, see any attempt to control borders to stop ebola will go against his pro immigration agenda

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Screw his agenda.

He can address the nation about other news events (Sandy Hook, Travyon Martin, not that these are not important but they are not exactly what the president usually addresses the nation about) but not a terrifying potential pandemic?

GRRrrr..

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

It's all about fomites.

Researchers have discovered that smooth (non-porous) surfaces (e.g. door knobs) transmit bacteria and viruses better than porous materials (e.g. paper money).[1][2] The reason is that porous, especially fibrous, materials absorb and trap the contagion, making it harder to contract through simple touch.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Kansas City apartment sealed off after resident quarantined

KANSAS CITY, MO (KCTV) -

A Kansas City apartment building has been sealed off because a person who lives there is sick with something that may be contagious, a source close to KCTV5 News says. 

Paramedics were called Saturday evening to the 3600 block of East Meyer Boulevard.

Authorities said they wanted to take every precaution they could and treated the situation seriously. It is unknown at this time what the patient is suffering from or if anyone else is sick.

The patient is being treated at Research Medical Center Brookside Campus for treatment, and all or part of the medical facility was quarantined as well, a source close to the situation said.

source

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: drwill

So does that mean paper money would be safe during an outbreak? Would you trust it?

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
A VERY good one page read that is out of Canada and all that i can add to the discussion right now as this says it all and was updated August 2014.

www.phac-aspc.gc.ca...

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: ValentineWiggin
Screw his agenda.

Here's a pretty good explanation of why he isn't speaking yet.

In a nutshell, it's one case so far, and we reserve presidential statements for real disasters. Which in the U.S. this isn't. Yet.
edit on 10/5/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

link   
well I did find out what the white house have to say about ebola, no really directly from the presidents mouth, but the senior advsors

Interestingly this was in the media on Oct. 3, but I don't remember seen anything.

Obama administration urges calm over US Ebola case as military speeds aid to ravaged Liberia

Well, he is "calm" because ebola is no even near him, I would be calm too if I have the best care and the ability to move without getting in any danger of infection.

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Obama administration on Friday urged calm over the single case of Ebola in the United States, seeking to reassure the American public that there is little chance of an outbreak of the illness in this country. The Pentagon said it had begun the long-awaited aid to disease-ravaged Liberia, with medical testing at two new labs and construction of treatment centers.

The administration has long contended that the best way to contain Ebola is to attack it at its source. The Pentagon's spokesman said Friday that up to 4,000 troops could be deployed to West Africa, a number that has been slowly climbing as military leaders arrive and assess the need.

So we most remain calm because is nothing to worry about, we need to send money and resources to ravishing countries thanks to tax payers so ebola doesn't get us here, well is too late, right? because we already have ebola in the US, because we need to be "compassioned" and welcome infected people with open arms.

The unusual high-level briefing at the White House Friday reflected the administration's urgency in seeking to reassure the public that a wide-spread outbreak of Ebola in the U.S. was unlikely.

Fauci was one of five senior administration officials who briefed reporters Friday, including Health and Human Services Secretary Sylvia Mathews Burwell and Lisa Monaco, President Barack Obama's top homeland security adviser.

Monaco said the U.S. was not considering a travel ban to prevent people from the hardest-hit West African countries from coming to the U.S. and said efforts were instead focused on identify high-risk individuals before they leave the outbreak zone. Dozens and dozens of people have been stopped from getting on flights in the region, she said.

"The most effective way to go about controlling this is to prevent those individuals from getting on a plane in the first place," she said.

Soo, no to worry we will not have an ebola epidemic in the US, how do you people feel now with the white house reassurance

So screening people coming to the US in airplane is what the plan of attack is, but how about the borders? when people would not be able to get into airplanes I am sure they will come from the border, even if that means dying in the way while leaving a track of infection on the other side of the border

www.usnews.com...

link   

originally posted by: antar
A VERY good one page read that is out of Canada and all that i can add to the discussion right now as this says it all and was updated August 2014.

www.phac-aspc.gc.ca...

This article states that

transmission through semen has occurred 7 weeks after clinical recovery

That has always made me curious since I heard about it the first time. Does this mean if a man recovers from Ebola and then has sex with someone 7 weeks LATER he could still infect them? If that's so... oh brother. Please tell me I am not reading that correctly.
edit on 5-10-2014 by ValentineWiggin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: AnonyMason

My apologies for any insults it may have seemed I was throwing out there, it was not meant in a negative way towards the membership who have been reading and active in this thread. Some of the best and well grounded information has and continues to come from this thread.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

OH Man that got me too! So even after a man is healed he is still carrying the deadly pathogen for up to 7 weeks. That has huge implications for what we do and dont know about human infection and transmission.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: antar
Since ATS has always proven to be a microcosm of the general public's interests, the fact that this thread is losing it's momentum and dying down for more 'chasing the car tire' type media circus diatribe [to waste time or wear away] whatever the plan is seems to be working ie look!

'Can't speak for everyone but, as for me, I believe this crisis will be a marathon -- not a sprint -- so I am trying to pace myself. Also, one can only digest so much doom & gloom over a time period. I took some time this weekend to enjoy the fresh autumn air. But you can believe that I check in with this thread and the news every so often.

From a purely practical standpoint (and this is awful!) now is probably the quiet time before the storm while the virus is incubating in those 10-100 peoples' bloodstream. Everyone's calm. Good time to shop for batteries and bottled water.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I can only star that once darn it!

I don't want our troops to take care of the problem!!! Let AFRICA SEND IN THEIR TROOPS TO CONTAIN THIS!!! Oops caps lock, however I think I will leave it.

Oh I am just sick of this Political C. R. A. P.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Have you noticed lately that they've been interviewing Tom Geisbert on Fox news a lot? He's the guy in the book who sniffed the vial that turned out to be Ebola. He is so calm about the Dallas Ebola case we have.

Did you also catch the part in the beginning about the guy who contracted Ebola where he developed a headache and complained that his eyeballs were hurting? Didn't this current scare with the Liberian passenger on United complain of eyeball pain?

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

That sounds like population control to me.

In other related news is a thread on Russia and ebola," 220 suspected Ebola cases in Russia"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It seems that Russia can teach our American government how things are done to make sure that infections are contained from the beginning, they are keep anybody that comes from African countries in quarantine as soon they arrive

Here in the US our government wants us to be "compassioned". they can take their compassion and shove it where the sun doesn't shine.

new topics

top topics

<< 73  74  75    77  78  79 >>

join