It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC mobilizing: Dallas Hospital confirms First Positive Ebola Case in the US

page: 75
<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: antar
a reply to: j.r.c.b.

yesterday on this thread a member from Jersey saw a CDC truck in town as she took her child to school. This would answer that terrifying question.

Yes Antar, that was myself that reported the CDC truck...lol......BIG truck as we were going to school, my 13 yr. old pointed it out. He said, "why is there a Big CDC truck going down Erial rd!!" I turned my head & there it was. We are in a very small town in south jersey.

edit on 10/4/14 by j.r.c.b. because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: 2gd2btru

www.northjersey.com...

Newark passengers do not have Ebola.

From this point in history we need to remember throwing up on a plane isn't advised.

Yikes!!! I have altitude sickness hence the reason why I don't fly, or can't fly. I better not plan any trips. Scary...

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: j.r.c.b.

yesterday on this thread a member from Jersey saw a CDC truck in town as she took her child to school. This would answer that terrifying question.

Yes Antar, that was myself that reported the CDC truck...lol......BIG truck as we were going to school, my 13 yr. old pointed it out. He said, "why is there a Big CDC truck going down Erial rd!!" I turned my head & there it was. We are in a very small town in soth jersey.

Additional info: the child that died in nj a few days ago, was originally reported to have died from the entrovirus, and the town he lived in was not too far from my town, maybe 20 minutes.......last I heard, they were rechecking his body to be sure it wasn't ebola. Please don't take my word as gospel, this is only what was reported, then quickly taken down......

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

The problem with the people that received the ZMapp like the two American doctors is that it was experimental, meaning that the side effects of the serum in humans was still to be determinate.

He may be experiences side effects.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   

If that is true he will be the first know case of retrovirus that has been deadly, as of today no child has died from it, just that the treatment was making some children temporarily paralyzed.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

If that is true he will be the first know case of retrovirus that has been deadly, as of today no child has died from it, just that the treatment was making some children temporarily paralyzed.

Yep it's true. I'm wondering if it's because he was so young. Here's the link to the CNN article: www.cnn.com...
Portion from the article: (CNN) -- Eli -- a sweet, active, blonde-haired preschooler -- had gone to sleep feeling fine, perhaps dreaming of playing with his sisters or having a fun day at school.
He didn't make it through the night.
While the young boy died sometime between the night of Wednesday, September 24, and the following morning, it wasn't until Friday night that authorities figured out why: enterovirus D68, a particularly pernicious strain of an otherwise common virus that has been particularly widespread this year.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   

I find interesting that this particular virus is more common that people think, just like the flu it affects children mostly at this time of the year, but is not as deadly as the flu, both the flu and retrovirus tend to be worst on people that have problems with the immune system.

I am very saddened that the littler boy had to die, but perhaps it was something else beside just the virus that affected him.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
So, we seen the CDC truck Friday morning at 8:15, but going in the opposite direction of hamilypton twp. I would say it was headed up north, because Hamilton would be below my town....hhmmmm.....now I wish I waited to see if the truck turned right at the light on Blackwood clementon rd., then maybe, just maybe, they could have gone around into Hamilton. I guess it depends on where the truck was coming from...I'm giving names of streets & such to try to be as precise as possible.....I think it's highly important in such cases as this.....

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   

You missed the opportunity to bring some juicy news about the runaway CDC truck in your neck of the woods.

If I see the CDC truck in my area I will make sure I take a picture and follow the truck to see where is going.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   

I find interesting that this particular virus is more common that people think, just like the flu it affects children mostly at this time of the year, but is not as deadly as the flu, both the flu and retrovirus tend to be worst on people that have problems with the immune system.

I am very saddened that the littler boy had to die, but perhaps it was something else beside just the virus that affected him.

I agree. I'm also including his age as well. He was only 4. I feel just awful for the family. It seemed to have hit the little guy hard & fast, & that's worrisome...

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   

You missed the opportunity to bring some juicy news about the runaway CDC truck in your neck of the woods.

If I see the CDC truck in my area I will make sure I take a picture and follow the truck to see where is going.

Lol...my kids would have missed school, & my son was running for8th grade president that day! Your right though!! I it's a big truck, I could have caught up with it after I dropped the boys off

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Yes is always sad when a littler one, barely a baby will die, specially from diseases that in most part can be either avoided or he could have recuperated without incident beside the bad effects of the virus.

I know how easily is to spread diseases from children to children, I was a teacher, I remember how bad it will hit me when it was bug season, in the schools I worked, I remember I had strep throat 3 times in one year. I had more than one child vomiting on my shoes tool.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I've got some info on the EV-D68 in my thread here, if there is any interest.

With flu season upon us, uncontained ebola is not something we need right now if we want to maintain anything resembling a functioning society.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
I've got some info on the EV-D68 in my thread here, if there is any interest.

With flu season upon us, uncontained ebola is not something we need right now if we want to maintain anything resembling a functioning society.

EXCELLENT! TY jaded.....definitely will come in handy! Gonna go check it out now, & I agree, definitely don't need these types of worries now with flu season on the way. I'm following all of these cases including the children with paralysis, because, well, I'm a parent with 4 kids, 2 still in elementary school. One of which has already been hospitalized twice with pneumonia in his short 13 yr. life, so I have a tendency to worry more....

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   

a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

The problem with the people that received the ZMapp like the two American doctors is that it was experimental, meaning that the side effects of the serum in humans was still to be determinate.

He may be experiences side effects.

Undoubtedly this is where they are testing zmap. When shtf this is where humanity's last chance will be! J/k. Maybe. But seriously, this is valuable research for them. In more ways than one.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
May be a stupid question, but I want to know. Searching on my own gave me no answer. If a person had enterovirus 68 and was unfortunate enough to also contact ebola, would that cause a mutation in either one? When someone has 2 different viruses at the same time, would that change either virus if it was then passed to another person?

Jillian

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Kentuckymama

I read conjecture it could make it airborne but it was simply conjecture.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   

I think the viruses are too different in order to combine in that way however I could see the possibility of the Ebola of that we have here in Dallas combining with Ebola Reston which is in the United States and is airborne as a possibility.

But that would probably be highly unlikely.
edit on 4-10-2014 by jadedANDcynical because: wrong 'two'

edit on 4-10-2014 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   

i think even with the outbreak deal happening contracting both would be pretty rare...
not many people contract 2 deadly diseases/virus's at the same time...

i think

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   

This is a very adult only content audio series for it's graphic description of this virus.

OK so I listened to the whole book last night. Very interesting documentary audio book in a story format (Ok fell asleep alot too, but it was on a loop)

What to say... first of all I had at least 2 very vivid nightmares about my own infection...

Not so strange but I am not prone to white noise swaying my sleep cycles, years of falling asleep and tuning out C2C.

Ontopic now, back in the beginning discovery's of Ebola infection and forward for the next couple decades, it is still considered a level 4 containment virus.

In other words, a dangerous and deadly one that needs space suits w/ there own air to work with because there is no vaccine or medicine to treat.

Yet in the Dallas news conference the other day the spokes man said that he was still wearing the same shirt he was wearing during a 45 minute car ride with the infected family of Patient Zero.

Is there something about treating this virus they know but are not telling?

Anyway, this audio book I highly recommend. It is the story of all of the early professionals who came into direct and accidental exposure to Ebola. It has some excellent information about the disease and I do recommend everyone give it a listen. At the end of the audio/video there is a link to a free audio book site which has Hot Zone in its entirety when you scroll down to it.

Since this is an audio presentation, open it in another window and go about your normal routine listening, or in the back ground while reading and posting.

Since this has everything to do with this thread and Imho brings us up to the same page, any discussion would be appreciated.

new topics

top topics

<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join