It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC mobilizing: Dallas Hospital confirms First Positive Ebola Case in the US

page: 74
<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DirtyD

If they treat him, and he recovers completely (they could cure him) there will be thousands that will do anything and everything they can to get in the USA, people just like him, who have been exposed, or are infected...

Maybe they will let him die?

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

I'm sure the doctors we cured in Atlanta is reason enough for sick individuals to make their way here, that and all the board hangout how great our medical facilities are.

I doubt they'd let the guy die, given the lethality of Ebola I'd say his chances are slim.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: 2gd2btru
a reply to: slip2break

Your right...much ado about nothing...unless a plane coming in to Newark from Brussels with 255 passengers being greeted by the CDC because 2 of those passengers are exhibiting Ebola symptoms and believed to be from Liberia.

Check a couple of posts above for link.

The headline of that news article is, "Vomiting passenger cleared of Ebola" yes.. indeed much ado about nothing.
edit on 4-10-2014 by slip2break because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

www.northjersey.com...

Newark passengers do not have Ebola.

From this point in history we need to remember throwing up on a plane isn't advised.
edit on 4-10-2014 by 2gd2btru because: typo

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: slip2break

We cross posted. At least the CDC took the possible threat seriously in this case.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: 2gd2btru

I don't know where Jersey.com is getting their info, but the CDC is not reporting the condition of the patients taken off that plane, other than that they're in the hospital.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

My bet is that its inferred based on the fact that the 250+ other passengers have been cleared to move about the country. I doubt we'll ever find out what that patient had, just based on the lack of information disseminated on other false alarms... Once an Ebola case is cleared, there is little motivation for reporters to dig into what exactly caused the sickness.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: j.r.c.b.

yesterday on this thread a member from Jersey saw a CDC truck in town as she took her child to school. This would answer that terrifying question.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Have yall read this?

They are letting one of the quarantined guys go to work. He is a nursing assistant.!

link
edit on 10/4/2014 by stellawayten because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Fox news also was reporting the same thing, but last I look it disappeared. It was on their Red Alert banner.

edit on 4-10-2014 by 2gd2btru because:

edit on 4-10-2014 by 2gd2btru because: .

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

originally posted by: violet
Well this page got taken down fast

17 minutes ago, but now gone

Ebola's Role in New Jersey Child's Death Unclear: Officials NBC 10 Philadelphia-17 minutes ago A New Jersey child who tested positive for a virus causing severe respiratory illness across the country has died, although it's not clear what role the virus played ...

link

Is the article saying that they are now looking into the possibility this child actually contracted Ebola? Can you tell us more since the link no longer works?

Sorry. I have no idea what it meant. I found another site with same headline but there was no mention of ebola in it.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

If they treat him, and he recovers completely (they could cure him) there will be thousands that will do anything and everything they can to get in the USA, people just like him, who have been exposed, or are infected...

Maybe they will let him die?

I've been busy moving today but my husband and I were having this conversation earlier. I said I wouldn't be surprised if it played out that way to discourage others from coming here for treatment. I won't go in to my personal feelings on that

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

I don't wish death on anyone, but I have no sympathy for this a-hole. What kind of person knowingly handles an Ebola patient, then allows contact with his girlfriend, nephew and children once he falls ill? Why would he not tell hospital staff that he was in direct contact with Ebola the first time around. Seriously, this guy sucks as a human being.

edit on Sat50Sat, 04 Oct 2014 18:50:33 -05003114Sat by DirtyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
This is a very adult only content audio series for it's graphic description of this virus.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: antar

While I appreciate your link very much, I doubt it's something I can listen to RIGHT now... if you catch my drift

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: antar

Moving where? to a fema camp. I heard that in some places it is airborn now. Stop air travel to and from these places. Idiots.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
CDC chief warns against restricting entry to the US over Ebola crisis

Yes, he also wants us Americans to be "compassioned" meaning that we should welcome any person from West Africa with open arms even if that means we getting infected in the way for them to better care.

The man needs to get his head out of his rear end and smell reality

Federal officials confirmed Saturday that the suspected Ebola patient at the District of Columbia’s Howard University hospital does not have the fatal disease and reiterated their top priority is protecting Americans, amid widespread concerns about a confirmed Ebola case in Dallas.

Dr. Thomas Frieden, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said the federal government is looking at different safety-related suggestions from Capitol Hill and beyond, but he suggested the key is to control the deadly virus where it started overseas, not limiting entry to the United States.

This people are either morons or just stupid, in one side they claim to been "protecting Americans" and then in the other they claim that closing our borders is no good because we need to be compassioned and allow people that wants to come to this country to do so.

What the hell? this smells like political propaganda to me, because as today the present administration campaigning for amnesty is the reason that the rules and laws that were put on the table in case of an infectious diseases outbreak has not been enacted.

So screw the American citizens in the name of illegal immigration free path into the US.

“Though we might wish we can seal ourselves off from the world, there are Americans who have the right of return and many other people that have the right to enter this country,” Frieden said at a press conference Saturday. “We're not going to be able to get to zero risk no matter what we do unless we control the outbreak in West Africa.”

That man is nothing but a hypocrite, taking into consideration that while thousands are dying in Africa the dispute about the property rights of the ebola vaccines is the reason that no vaccine is been manufactured.

The man is nothing but darn bubble head.

www.foxnews.com...

edit on 4-10-2014 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves
a reply to: BlueAjah

Jenkins is on the ballot in November. It appears he is dying to be re-elected. Maybe in his mind Ebola exposure=media exposure. He should be placed on leave of absence like the deputies who were sent into the apartment and quarantined. Bag his clothes and secure the vehicle too.

He is now a potential bio-hazard.

Exactly. WTF was this guy thinkin. He's a walking zombie. where was he taking these people? A fema camp. I guess the Judge is dying for exsposure and thats exactly what he'll get. Idiot.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
People are DUMB. Maybe try to THINK, before you react out. Dumb deserves what it gets, but the inocent do not. Shut the airports down. TO BAD your stuck over there, thats the break. Why do these people even want to RISK it all. Like i stated before, DUMB.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
It appears Dr. Rick Sacra who was successfully treated for Ebola has been taken to UMass Memorial Medical Center. This is the same hospital where a possible Ebola patient is in isolation.

Sacra's symptoms have been listed as a "persistent cough" and a "low-grade fever for several days". They don't believe it's a relapse.

Former Ebola Patient Admitted To UMass

top topics

<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join